Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Carlos Martinez is a near ace, I like him. Wainwright is basically done. Wacha showed some solid promise in spring training that he's back, but I want to see it today. Lynn and Leake are solid, but they can be bad at times too. They are what they are, solid 3's. Alex Reyes is out for the year, and that's unfortunate. I think the Cards can make the playoffs as a wildcard next year, but they need a year of growth, especially the OF.

I think it will come down to them and the Mets for the final Playoff berth. Last season the Mets got in, law of averages alone tells me not all the same teams make the Playoffs from the year before. I see Cards squeaking in this season. They have pretty solid Pitching, not as good as the Mets but it's Good but their hitting is better than the Mets.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Carlos Martinez is a near ace, I like him. Wainwright is basically done. Wacha showed some solid promise in spring training that he's back, but I want to see it today. Lynn and Leake are solid, but they can be bad at times too. They are what they are, solid 3's. Alex Reyes is out for the year, and that's unfortunate. I think the Cards can make the playoffs as a wildcard next year, but they need a year of growth, especially the OF.

I wouldn't say Wainwrights done time will tell , talk to me after 4 or 5 starts and I will make my judgment then. If its the case they have plenty of young guns on the Farm.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I wouldn't say Wainwrights done time will tell , talk to me after 4 or 5 starts and I will make my judgment then. If its the case they have plenty of young guns on the Farm.

Would Luke Weaver be ready for the show yet? That'd be quite a step up.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Does anyone in here think if the Cubs still had Chapman they would be 4-0 instead of 2-2? Montgomery has lost 2 games so far! I think probably 3-1 at worse because no way were we sweeping the Cards in St Louis

Not really. Wade Davis is the closer now and he didn't lose any games, that would of been Chapman's role. Yesterday, Montgomery lost in the 11th inning (I think), and they wouldn't of saved Chapman that long.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not really. Wade Davis is the closer now and he didn't lose any games, that would of been Chapman's role. Yesterday, Montgomery lost in the 11th inning (I think), and they wouldn't of saved Chapman that long.

That is true. I think Wade is Good too. I just miss the Chap!

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think it will come down to them and the Mets for the final Playoff berth. Last season the Mets got in, law of averages alone tells me not all the same teams make the Playoffs from the year before. I see Cards squeaking in this season. They have pretty solid Pitching, not as good as the Mets but it's Good but their hitting is better than the Mets.

Law of averages means nothing. It's based on talent, growth, and coaching in who makes the playoffs. If that were true, the Mariners would have made the playoffs once in the last 15 years. Nothing is guaranteed and you have to earn it every year, even if the talent level is close.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Does anyone in here think if the Cubs still had Chapman they would be 4-0 instead of 2-2? Montgomery has lost 2 games so far! I think probably 3-1 at worse because no way were we sweeping the Cards in St Louis

Strop and Montgomery were out there last year too.....the set ups have not gone well.

I would like to add more but we are not getting very many of the games.  Bummer.

Law of averages means nothing. It's based on talent, growth, and coaching in who makes the playoffs. If that were true, the Mariners would have made the playoffs once in the last 15 years. Nothing is guaranteed and you have to earn it every year, even if the talent level is close.

Do you work at ESPN now? :)  

Cool dialogue. 

Chapman brought a different element to the team. We had a great team but needed an intimidator out of the Bullpen and he was it. Shaq O'Neal came out with a commercial back in 2000 singing like Shaft, saying who is the man who can dunk over any man! - Gotta buy a Shaq pack. The Shaq pack is a Double Whopper with large Fries and a Chocolate Shake LOL. Anyway last season a buddy of mine would sing that but inserted CHAP instead haha. So when the Cubs won the WS I got a Chap pack in honor of Chap lmao. It was, who is the man who can strike out any man, gotta get a Chap pack. I do think Wade is Good, I have concerns about Montgomery though.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chapman brought a different element to the team. We had a great team but needed an intimidator out of the Bullpen and he was it. Shaq O'Neal came out with a commercial back in 2000 singing like Shaft, saying who is the man who can dunk over any man! - Gotta buy a Shaq pack. The Shaq pack is a Double Whopper with large Fries and a Chocolate Shake LOL. Anyway last season a buddy of mine would sing that but inserted CHAP instead haha. So when the Cubs won the WS I got a Chap pack in honor of Chap lmao. It was, who is the man who can strike out any man, gotta get a Chap pack. I do think Wade is Good, I have concerns about Montgomery though.

As you said the other day the Cubs and Cards are almost mirror images of each other and have same problems to work out. Does that mean they are weak not at all . Last year Cards were severely decimated by injury and still were within a game of making it.  I don't see that happening this year. Yes they are a better team this year , I would say being I see them day in day out.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

As you said the other day the Cubs and Cards are almost mirror images of each other and have same problems to work out. Does that mean they are weak not at all . Last year Cards were severely decimated by injury and still were within a game of making it.  I don't see that happening this year.

I don't either. I don't see the Cubs winning near 103 (last yr = 103) like I predicted, but I would say 95. I have Giants, Dodgers, and Nats around 95 too. Cards and Mets will crack 90. JMO's. You and NFLfan may end up battling until the end again but something tells me, Cards will get in this season.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't either. I don't see the Cubs winning near 103 (last yr = 103) like I predicted, but I would say 95. I have Giants, Dodgers, and Nats around 95 too. Cards and Mets will crack 90. JMO's. You and NFLfan may end up battling until the end again but something tells me, Cards will get in this season.

Its a long season anything can happen , but time will tell , only thing I can see different is Mets replacing one of the teams from the west . In order for that I think they need another bat or two.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well getting off to take in the game be back later.:thmup:

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Its a long season anything can happen , but time will tell , only thing I can see different is Mets replacing one of the teams from the west . In order for that I think they need another bat or two.

Yeah I just don't see the same 5 teams making it. A lot of people are in love with the Dodgers but what isn't there to love? Kershaw is awesome and they have an all-around solid team. They had the Cubs down 2-1 last season too. That team has been on the cusp for years so they are a scary bunch. Cards stopped them a few times and Cubs stopped them last season so they are hungry.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Come on, Jared. Then the Twins are going 162-0! Don't underestimate the Cards. 

:) I just don't think they are very good. Until proven otherwise, they aren't the best team in the division anymore, and they are an underdog to make the playoffs. I think they have just as good of a chance to have a losing record as they do of making the playoffs.

:) I just don't think they are very good. Until proven otherwise, they aren't the best team in the division anymore, and they are an underdog to make the playoffs. I think they have just as good of a chance to have a losing record as they do of making the playoffs.

:lol:

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Taking a break from some volunteer work I am doing to see what my friends here are up to. Any games? Mets play tonight. Hope we get back on track.

See you all later.

Cubs Brewer play tonight

Watching Baylor-Iowa State Softball now then Denver-Marquette Women's Lacrosse 

Archived