Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was my mistake when I Posted series. On the Cubs Network they said a series coming up with the Braves (Wednesday night) and I didn't even look at the schedule at that point like I normally do. Very nice win by the Cubs last night over a Good team at their place. Now it's on to Philadelphia.

Its all going to come down to inside division play Cards blanked the Bucs last night and have the second best record in the league. Who would've thought it would be with the downward spiral they were on. This young pitching staff is legit and don't think they are going away. Wainwright was in the booth for a few innings . Said he is not surprised by the young pitchers . Said he knew they were very talented and said they all have amazing work ethic. Also more came out about the Hicks vs Norris controversy , there actually was none . In fact they are closer now than before . Hicks made the mistake many young players make with the press and its said Norris actually was credited by Hicks of sticking up for his team mate . Norris has also been imparting knowledge to all the young pitchers in Waino's  absence. This team is for real they are not going away even if they would miss the playoffs this year. They all know if they make it they will be dangerous.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Its all going to come down to inside division play Cards blanked the Bucs last night and have the second best record in the league. Who would've thought it would be with the downward spiral they were on. This young pitching staff is legit and don't think they are going away. Wainwright was in the booth for a few innings . Said he is not surprised by the young pitchers . Said he knew they were very talented and said they all have amazing work ethic. Also more came out about the Hicks vs Norris controversy , there actually was none . In fact they are closer now than before . Hicks made the mistake many young players make with the press and its said Norris actually was credited by Hicks of sticking up for his team mate . Norris has also been imparting knowledge to all the young pitchers in Waino's  absence. This team is for real they are not going away even if they would miss the playoffs this year. They all know if they make it they will be dangerous.

Yeah you have said it all year to your credit that the Cards were Good and would make the Playoffs. Alot of people doubted them, I think as of today they are the 2nd best team in the NL behind the Cubs and a team nobody wants to face in the Playoffs. They can beat the Cubs IMO as well, that would be a tough series for the Cubs. 

Yeah you have said it all year to your credit that the Cards were Good and would make the Playoffs. Alot of people doubted them, I think as of today they are the 2nd best team in the NL behind the Cubs and a team nobody wants to face in the Playoffs. They can beat the Cubs IMO as well, that would be a tough series for the Cubs. 

People need to realize 3 teams may come out of the Central for the playoffs.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

People need to realize 3 teams may come out of the Central for the playoffs.

Has that ever been done ?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of now I have no reason to believe that the Cubs, Cards, and Brewers wont make the Playoffs. Brewers have had luck on their side this season, they have the most walkoff wins and extra Innings wins in the league this season. Cubs and Cards are just Good period. 

Yes I agree , the Hamels deal helped bigtime for the Cubs , the Murphy deal will payoff as well.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cards should never be counted out. They are in contention for a playoff spot every year. Why does @Myles doubt his team?

Do not be surprised if someone comes shopping for the Memphis manager Stubby Clapp for their MLB vacancy in the off season .

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Cards should never be counted out. They are in contention for a playoff spot every year. Why does @Myles doubt his team?

I cant answer that for him Lol . Maybe he doesn't pay attention to whats going on in the minors like I do and doesn't know the level of talent. I don't listen to writers I look for myself. As I have said before writers are geographically bias.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Cards should never be counted out. They are in contention for a playoff spot every year. Why would @Myles doubt his team?

I never count the Cards out. As a Cubs fan I know how Good to Great they have been for decades. When I watched them earlier this season vs the Cubs, I was thinking how in the world is this team .500.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never count the Cards out. As a Cubs fan I know how Good to Great they have been for decades. When I watched them earlier this season vs the Cubs, I was thinking how in the world is this team .500.

Lol you were not alone there Brother . They did not play aggressive Baseball under Matheny , sometimes I think it it led to lackluster performance. That still falls on the player as well. To me they just were not playing Cardinal Baseball. It was mental , they did not buy into his system of thinking. No stability.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol you were not alone there Brother . They did not play aggressive Baseball under Matheny , sometimes I think it it led to lackluster performance. That still falls on the player as well. To me they just were not playing Cardinal Baseball.

HOLY COW, I am out of LIKES lmao . I agree 100% with you, Matheny truly looks like he was the rotten egg!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

HOLY COW, I am out of LIKES lmao . I agree 100% with you, Matheny truly looks like he was the rotten egg!

I like Matheny as a person and player just don't think he was ready to be a manager.     Look at La Russa , Herzog these were tough minded individuals and it showed in their players and the way they went about the game.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I like Matheny as a person and player just don't think he was ready to be a manager.     Look at La Russa , Herzog these were tough minded individuals and it showed in their players and the way they went about the game.

Ol Whitey Herzog, I haven't heard his name forever. You guys have had some great managers. The one you have now looks pretty good too.

Ol Whitey Herzog, I haven't heard his name forever. You guys have had some great managers. The one you have now looks pretty good too.

They were talking about that he learned from some great baseball people . George Kissell , Red Schoendienst for starters . These two spelled out what Cards Baseball is all about . Not that it didn't start prior to them they just passed it on.

9 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

They were talking about that he learned from some great baseball people . George Kissell , Red Schoendienst for starters . These two spelled out what Cards Baseball is all about . Not that it didn't start prior to them they just passed it on.

Yeah the Cards franchise have had a rich tradition of greatness that is for sure. Cubs have had a couple of seasons since I have been a fan (up until 2015-2018) like 1984 and 2003 that were enjoyable but they ended in Playoff disasters. 1987 was fun to watching Andre Dawson hit 49 HR's. These last 4 seasons have been unreal for the Cubs but we finally have an excellent FO, Theo is awesome.

I have followed Baseball closely since 1984, that is when I became a Cubs fan. Our 1984 team was Very Good but didn't have the killer instinct that the 2016 team had to win the WS. IMO regarding the Cards, their 1985 team was the best team they had ever have. They got screwed by the UMPS in Game 6 at KC. That cost them the WS. Thank God for instant replay now! 

I have followed Baseball closely since 1984, that is when I became a Cubs fan. Our 1984 was Very Good but didn't have the killer instinct that the 2016 team had to win the WS. IMO regarding the Cards, their 1985 team was the best team they had ever had. They got screwed by the UMPS in Game 6 at KC. That cost them the WS. Thank God for instant replay now! 

I almost went to that series and would have been rooting for KC

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have followed Baseball closely since 1984, that is when I became a Cubs fan. Our 1984 team was Very Good but didn't have the killer instinct that the 2016 team had to win the WS. IMO regarding the Cards, their 1985 team was the best team they had ever have. They got screwed by the UMPS in Game 6 at KC. That cost them the WS. Thank God for instant replay now! 

Yep

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I just seen he went to the Indians. Indians are a team nobody is talking about. They are quietly having a solid season.

I was not really positive about him coming #1 he has been injured almost all year. #2 I didn't know if he would effect the chemistry the Cards have going. If he was healthy and it was for 3 or so years I would've said go for it if the cost in prospects not to high.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see the Cubs lost 2-1 in 10 Innings to Philly. Cards and Brewers both won, Cards are just 3.5 games back now and Brewers are just 4 back. I still like the lead we have on both, I won't panic unless one of those teams get within 2 games. At that point it gets scary. 

Lol if it gets to 2 games that's when it gets fun and interesting.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It does but not for the stomach. It will be Tums time for me at that point.

Kinda like the feeling I had earlier in the season when I knew the Cards were not playing to their talent and they had plenty in AAA , and Matheny mismanaging and giving games away . 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bryant back in the lineup tonight. Sweet! 

Yes that's great and how long is Heyward out for ?

Archived