Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The guy has a 1.68 ERA and has only 8 wins. It is ridiculous. 

That is incorrect. deGrom is now tied with Gooden for most consecutive starts giving up 3 or fewer runs (24 games). He has had a great year. 

He would look great in a Cubs uniform............

:number1:

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Jay will be happy with this news: Mike Shildt signed a 3-year contract to become the full-time manager of the Cards after going 26-12 as interim manager. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24505205/the-st-louis-cardinals-removed-interim-tag-named-mike-shildt-manager

Yes I am , I really like his style, the players love him.

Cubs split the Double Header, won the 1st suspended game 2-1 in 11 Innings but lost the 2nd game 10-3. That ended the Cubs 7 game winning streak, can't win them all :funny:. NL Central Standings (on August 29th) look like this as of now:

1. Cubs 78-54 *Best overall record in the NL

2. Cards 74-58 (4 back)

3. Brewers 73-60 (5.5 back)

Cards and Brewers both play later tonight, Brewers are at Cincy and the Cards host the Pirates. There will be exactly only 1 more month left in the Regular Season as of the end of tonight. 

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Glad they won the first game, but wow they layed a stinker there in the second one huh? 

Well this for the first one.....

A0ABF2F3-4C74-4F24-9B43-E0A74BD35262.jpeg

Yeah we were due for a stinker and we had one in Game 2. Strange thing is we won the games where Thor and deGrom Pitched and then lose the one they don't lmao 

Missed both the first and second game due to fighting a fire earlier, saw scores on phone a little bit ago. On a side note....and this is bad....you know you have a problem when you’re on scene at a structure fire for most of the  day, yet you keep thinking, “wonder what the Cubs/Mets score is,” lol!!!:dunno: I need help.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Missed both the first and second game due to fighting a fire earlier, saw scores on phone a little bit ago. On a side note....and this is bad....you know you have a problem when you’re on scene at a structure fire for most of the  day, yet you keep thinking, “wonder what the Cubs/Mets score is,” lol!!!:dunno: I need help.

Glad everything worked out and you are ok. Being a Firefighter can be real dangerous and has its moments. I missed the end of the 1st game as well and was just waking up at the end of the 2nd game. I slept all day because I work nights last night.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad everything worked out and you are ok. Being a Firefighter can be real dangerous and has its moments. I missed the end of the 1st game as well and was just waking up at the end of the 2nd game. I slept all day because I work nights last night.

I don’t miss working nights at factory at all, hated the sleep routine!!! I never slept when I was supposed to be and was fatigued quite a bit.  I work rotating 24 hour shifts now, but at least I still get to sleep at night when we’re not too busy. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Strange thing is we won the games where Thor and deGrom Pitched and then lose the one they don't lmao 

That is the way things work somehow. The 3rd game is the one I thought was a guaranteed loss.

Glad to be be done with the Cubbies. haha

Btw, anyone see that the Saints traded for my favorite non-Vikings player? He won't be playing as long as Brees is upright. Wish he were still a Viking.  

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs have a tough series coming up with the Braves at Atlanta. Braves have the 2nd best record in the NL. I can't wait to see how the Cubs do here and if the Braves cave under the pressure playing the Cubs. Cubs have been there and done that, Braves haven't yet so this will be an interesting series. 

My guess is no they wont cave under pressure . If the Cubs win the series they will have to earn it. Should be a fun one to watch. However they don't play in the Central by far the best division in the NL this year.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs have a tough series coming up with the Braves at Atlanta. Braves have the 2nd best record in the NL. I can't wait to see how the Cubs do here and if the Braves cave under the pressure playing the Cubs. Cubs have been there and done that, Braves haven't yet so this will be an interesting series. 

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

My guess is no they wont cave under pressure . If the Cubs win the series they will have to earn it. Should be a fun one to watch. However they don't play in the Central by far the best division in the NL this year.

Earning it would be winning tonight. Its a single make up game. They play Phillies starting tomorrow

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Earning it would be winning tonight. Its a single make up game. They play Phillies starting tomorrow

I Blame the Cubs network for my error, last night they said series vs the Braves coming up. I didn't even bother looking at the schedule on MLB.com lmao. We do play Philly tomorrow. So this is a 1 gamer at Atlanta you are correct. Cubs are now up 2-0 in the 2nd Inning. Very nice start!

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

Colts at 7pm

Cubs at 7:35 pm

Purdue vs Northwestern at 8pm!!!!

Going to be a channel flipping extravaganza for me tonight!!!! Hope the remote can handle it, lol!

Reason I have a DVR comes in right handy .:)

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Well then they earned it.

Yeah it was my mistake when I Posted series. On the Cubs Network they said a series coming up with the Braves (Wednesday night) and I didn't even look at the schedule at that point like I normally do. Very nice win by the Cubs last night over a Good team at their place. Now it's on to Philadelphia.

Archived