Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I was wondering why they hadn't brought someone up. May be the boost they need.

Exactly. Young players bring energy and excitement. As you said, they give a boost.

A change in skipper may have helped too.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Pitcher we had Pitching yesterday (Mills) had just come up from the Minor League and he only gave up 1 Run and struck out 8. I think the Chatwood days are becoming history. 

Good to hear. Hope he continues to pitch well.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Exactly. Young players bring energy and excitement. As you said, they give a boost.

A change in skipper may have helped too.

Both did help . I have not mentioned but Mike Maddux has been great handling this young staff. He has visited mound in key situations and a calming influence . Not to mention the confidence he has in these youngsters on the mound. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Good to hear. Hope he continues to pitch well.

Cubs are finally like the Cards now (it took 100 years but finally), both have Gems in their Minor League systems, Cubs now have alot of them playing that they brought up in the last 3 years like Bote now but guys like Baez and Bryant too. I am not sure what the Brewers have in the Minor Leagues?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are finally like the Cards now (it took 100 years but finally), both have Gems in their Minor League systems, Cubs now have alot of them playing that they brought up in the last 3 years like Bote now but guys like Baez and Bryant too. I am not sure what the Brewers have in the Minor Leagues?

They have some really good players but they are very light on good pitching . They are however improving their system .

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't know much about him and didn't think we would bring anyone up. He looked Great yesterday though. He is only 26.

I had no clue who he was either...looked great and even got a base hit on his first ever MLB at bat! Nice!

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I like that you are doing it with some young players that will be with the team many years. It is always more fun for me to see the young players. Both the Cubs and the Cards have young teams. It is exciting. 

I was wondering since it seems you don’t want to sign big free agents next offseason and you can’t just run the same team out there would you move Noah for a few Cub MLB ready players like any of Bote, Happ, Russell maybe bullpen help like Carl Edwards? You’d still have a good staff and could mix and match some of these guys to get younger and more exciting?

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I was wondering since it seems you don’t want to sign big free agents next offseason and you can’t just run the same team out there would you move Noah for a few Cub MLB ready players like any of Bote, Happ, Russell maybe bullpen help like Carl Edwards? You’d still have a good staff and could mix and match some of these guys to get younger and more exciting?

Noah will be 26 next week. Why should we trade him? He is young. It is the older players that I want to move (Cespedes, Bruce, etc.)

So, no, I won't move Noah. I don't want to trade deGrom (30 years old) but if we got a boatload of top players, I would do it. I like Almora but the Cubs would be making a mistake letting him go.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Noah will be 26 next week. Why should we trade him? He is young. It is the older players that I want to move (Cespedes, Bruce, etc.)

So, no, I won't move Noah. I don't want to trade deGrom (30 years old) but if we got a boatload of top players, I would do it. I like Almora but the Cubs would be making a mistake letting him go.

Because I figured to get the good young players that you want to build around the only assets you have are pitchers and I figured you trade Noah you still have your ace plus nice pitchers behind him in Wheeler and Matz but could instantly upgrade your offense with good young players that with more at bats could break out. So you would rather trade Degrom before Noah? Your farm system is horrible so I don’t know how else you could put this team in contention unless your planning to waste your pitchers prime. I could see the Cubs moving Almora...especially if they land Harper. Noah is young but outside that staff nobody is going to fetch much especially Bruce and Cespedes who is injury prone. Just wondering from a Mets perspective what it would take to pry one of those young pitchers away.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Because I figured to get the good young players that you want to build around the only assets you have are pitchers and I figured you trade Noah you still have your ace plus nice pitchers behind him in Wheeler and Matz but could instantly upgrade your offense with good young players that with more at bats could break out. So you would rather trade Degrom before Noah? Your farm system is horrible so I don’t know how else you could put this team in contention unless your planning to waste your pitchers prime. I could see the Cubs moving Almora...especially if they land Harper. Noah is young but outside that staff nobody is going to fetch much especially Bruce and Cespedes who is injury prone. Just wondering from a Mets perspective what it would take to pry one of those young pitchers away.

The last time you brought this up, I stopped responding because it is clear that you are not appreciating my perspective. I don't know how else to explain it to you. 

Btw, our farm system does have some stars. I think Peter Alonzo is leading the world in RBIs. I want to see him up. Keep 2B McNeil in the majors. He is hitting well. Keep Brandon Nimmo. Keep all the young pitchers including Oswalt. If we play young guys, we will be okay. 

Let's agree to disagree. 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The last time you brought this up, I stopped responding because it is clear that you are not appreciating my perspective. I don't know how else to explain it to you. 

Btw, our farm system does have some stars. I think Peter Alonzo is leading the world in RBIs. I want to see him up. Keep 2B McNeil in the majors. He is hitting well. Keep Brandon Nimmo. Keep all the young pitchers including Oswalt. If we play young guys, we will be okay. 

Let's agree to disagree. 

No problem. I respect your opinion.  Just thought your young guys were further away from contributing then you I guess. I thought if you didn’t want to sign some help then you thought maybe they would trade. I think you have some excellent pieces (I think nimmo could be good..I expected more from Rosario...obviously no one thought Fraiser who has always been durable would get hurt so much. I only disagreed with you because I thought you guys could win that division and would have a dangerous rotation in the playoffs if you made a move this winter. Either way I hope your right on those guys...we will have to see if the Mets don’t make any major moves this offseason. I just know if I’m that staff especially Degrom I would be deflated if I thought I was facing another season like this one if they don’t call in the calvery. You know I always respect your opinion NFLFAN! I look at the Nats and they look ready to fall apart..the Braves young players and pitchers will only get better as the Phillies so I thought you make moves to compete now before they become juggernauts.

5 hours ago, HOZER said:

Yeah saw that. He normally plays right though, 2006Coltsbestever suggested he play him center, Zobrist right. 

Ahh okay I thought it was about him being in lineup. And I mean Heyward has played center a decent amount this year. Especially with Almora scuffing. With Murphy in fold and Bryant hopefully back to get Zobs in they'll need to put him in of and then move Heyward to right especially against righties right now

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well Cards lose last  night 9 to 1 , today Cards are up 10 to 2 in the 5th , unless they collapse will take their 10th straight series . I will be very happy with that outcome. Now gotta get ready to go to work in this terrible heat.

Yeah it's hotter than heck out here! Cubs are up 9-0 as well. Great day for both of us.

Archived