Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is what I want. Build your core and add a player here and there to complement or bolster the team. But you must have that core. One or two Ayers cannot fix a broken team like the Mets. 

I do believe they made a major mistake with Murphy.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I do believe they made a major mistake with Murphy.

I definitely thought so. Justin Turner became a player with the Dodgers but I never saw anything from him when he was a Met; so, I did not mind losing him. I wanted to keep Murph. 

5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

If you look at the Cards , it is mostly home grown talent with a few pieces from outside sprinkled in. The Cubs are kinda the same way . The core needs to come from inside and then you build around it. Most teams cant afford a merry go round of FA's . That being said if you see one that fits in your chemistry that will make a big difference in the scheme of things you have to pull the trigger . I would not want a bunch of them such as the Yankees have , and they have had some very good success doing it , but they have also had some great teams on paper that flopped. So in my opinion there is no totally right answer , that's the reason GM's make good money.

Which is why my point being you need to be tearing down and rebuilding to get that core or you need to add some leadership and instill some confidence in that lineup and going all in. This playing around in the middle not selling or buying...that is just pu$$y footing around and I despise GMs like that. Just trying to play it safe. The fans deserve better. Mets have a core..it’s mostly made up of their staff but they have some decent everyday guys and sometimes you need someone to have faith and bring in some guys that set some expectations for you...else you get a bunch of guys playing with no sense of urgency and not playing with great effort everyday.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Which is why my point being you need to be tearing down and rebuilding to get that core or you need to add some leadership and instill some confidence in that lineup and going all in. This playing around in the middle not selling or buying...that is just pu$$y footing around and I despise GMs like that. Just trying to play it safe. The fans deserve better. Mets have a core..it’s mostly made up of their staff but they have some decent everyday guys and sometimes you need someone to have faith and bring in some guys that set some expectations for you...else you get a bunch of guys playing with no sense of urgency and not playing with great effort everyday.

I hear what your saying and yes the Mets fans do deserve better. I do not know the GM so I cant say , many time its not the GM holding teams back , it is ownership not willing to spend. There is no way on Gods green earth I wholesale a really decent pitching staff . In my opinion that's what I would build around.

Cards come from behind and win 8 to 2 , Tyson Ross got the start performed well 2 runs 1 earned in 6 innings after Weaver cut his finger during dinner last night. The hit machine just keeps going . Its to the point now I feel even down they are not out of a game. Its been a fun transformation to watch , its a good medicine during trying times in life in general.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Who are those decent everyday guys? Please name them. 

Lol I do like Cespadas , but he isn't everyday , actually he cant stay healthy . That in itself drags a team down  when they bank on someone like that. D said one thing  I agree with I would go after Machado the man is a real talent still fairly young and a 5 tool player.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Lol I do like Cespadas , but he isn't everyday , actually he cant stay healthy . That in itself drags a team down  when they bank on someone like that. D said one thing  I agree with I would go after Machado the man is a real talent still fairly young and a 5 tool player.

I bet you that if we sign him, he will look like Jason Bay, Carlos Baerga, Mo Vaughn, and Roberto Alomar looked like in Mets uniforms. The only difference is that Machado is younger.

Hamels Pitching great but Mad Max just over powering! The Nats have had one of the best Lineup's and Pitching staffs in Baseball over the last 5 seasons. Not winning a WS with what they have had has been a waste IMO. They may not even make the Playoffs this season??

-Hamels doing his part, still 1-0 to the Bottom of the 7th! We need just 1 run so they pull Max out.

Just now, HOZER said:

Sherzers a beast but that stupid yell he lets out after his fastball is quite annoying. 

Bad time for Contreras to strike out. Still down 1-0 going into the 8th.

We almost got em earlier too, Benny just missed a HR by 2 feet earlier. It would be ashame to lose this game 1-0. Hamels was really Great!

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought the ball had to be in the glove completely for it to be an Out. I guess not. Jessica Mendoza says it doesn't. I have been watching Baseball for 40 years and that is a 1st. I learn something new everyday.

News to me.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought the ball had to be in the glove completely for it to be an Out. I guess not. Jessica Mendoza says it doesn't. I have been watching Baseball for 40 years and that is a 1st. I learn something new everyday.

Last week the Mets announcers were talking about that. They said the ball does not have to be completely in the glove for the runner to be out. Is that a new rule? I had never heard that either.

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

News to me.

Me too, I have never heard of that in 40 years. That ball wasn't fully caught yet when Baez foot touch the base. I guess it doesn't have to be. Lets remember that next time we are on the other end of that type call.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Last week the Mets announcers were talking about that. They said the ball does not have to be completely in the glove for the runner to be out. Is that a new rule? I had never heard that either.

I guess it is lmao 

Archived