Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that note......Darvish doesn’t make it past the 5th tonight.......again. Cubs currently down 5-2. Not feeling good about this signing right now, and to make things worse, Arrieta is dominating with the Phillies.:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Kris Bryant gets hit in the head helmet spins around glasses come off and is taken out of game. Andy Haines Cubs assistant hitting coach is ejected for throwing his coffee. Top 1 all this happened. Cubs made a rally after this all happened too with two outs

I didn't see it, how bad did it look. I went to go get something to eat picking up some food. Got the game on now, Cubs up 3-0. Hopefully MVP is ok. Heck of a catch by Almora!

17 hours ago, GOZER said:

On that note......Darvish doesn’t make it past the 5th tonight.......again. Cubs currently down 5-2. Not feeling good about this signing right now, and to make things worse, Arrieta is dominating with the Phillies.:facepalm:

Darvish isn't near the Pitcher Jake is but I have said that all along. The Phillies are actually even good this year so far lmao 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't see it, how bad did it look. I went to go get something to eat picking up some food. Got the game on now, Cubs up 3-0. Hopefully MVP is ok. Heck of a catch by Almora!

Laceration above eye from sunglasses, passed concussion protocol, sounds like he may be ok. Almora is cementing his place in center, what a couple beautiful catches today and yesterday. 

41 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Kris Bryant gets hit in the head helmet spins around glasses come off and is taken out of game. Andy Haines Cubs assistant hitting coach is ejected for throwing his coffee. Top 1 all this happened. Cubs made a rally after this all happened too with two outs

Chili Davis was also ejected for yelling at the “poor” umps. Seems legit

35 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya I had heard them say something about him but wasnt sure so didnt want to say anything. Ump this season have been so bad. 

Doesn't it seem like officiating in every sport has been the worst in the past year? Perhaps officiating has always been bad but we are noticing it more now because of replay and HD.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, GOZER said:

Kinda shaping up like some of us thought , Darvisch is not ace material such as Jake . Pitching is an art Jake has that. Just never was sold on this move. Think he may fare better away from Wrigley and Coors is no easy place to pitch either.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, fly the flag Gozer. 10-9 now on the season and remain 2 back of the Cards. Seems like the Cards have played the Reds for a week now lmao. At least now they have to play the Mets coming up.

Just remember you have played them as well lol. Its still an early season , Cards rested Ozuna and Pham yesterday and still smoked them . Carpenter made an error that lead to the runs on an routine play.  Mikolas signing looking like a steal for the Cards , I was a little apprehensive when they did. Didn't know what to expect.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

Just remember you have played them as well lol. Its still an early season , Cards rested Ozuna and Pham yesterday and still smoked them . Carpenter made an error that lead to the runs on an routine play.  Mikolas signing looking like a steal for the Cards , I was a little apprehensive when they did. Didn't know what to expect.

Yeah you still have to play the games. Reds are awful right now though. Your series against the Mets should be interesting.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:50 PM, NFLfan said:

Is this the year the Reds trade Joey Votto? Who would take on that contract?

No one probably ha... 

On 4/21/2018 at 5:02 PM, Jay Kirk said:

I'm not saying your wrong but knowing Jocketty as I do , I'm gonna lay this right at ownerships feet. Not willing to bring in FA's is a big part of the Problem. Jocketty did a very good job in St Louis but he also had ownership who were willing to invest and field a winner. The Reds organization has had this problem for some time. They get good home grown talent , then they are not willing to pay up and keep them. I have watched this happen with the Reds for several years. 

That is very true. Castillini has done this since the Ken Griffey Jr. days of refusing to pay for talent. They'll keep one big name star on the team for a ridiculous amount of money and then scrape the barrel for everything else. I'm wrong to place too much blame on Jocketty. 

11 hours ago, RollerColt said:

No one probably ha... 

That is very true. Castillini has done this since the Ken Griffey Jr. days of refusing to pay for talent. They'll keep one big name star on the team for a ridiculous amount of money and then scrape the barrel for everything else. I'm wrong to place too much blame on Jocketty. 

Yes great point and that's exactly what they are doing .

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs and Cards both off today. Cubs start a 2 game series at Cleveland tomorrow. Cards play a 3 game series at home vs the Mets starting tomorrow.

Lol I'm just hoping for some decent weather .

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are playing home derby so far against the Indians! Up 5-1 in the 4th with 4 HR's already.

Enjoy it.

The Mets face the Cards in less than an hour. The Mets are not playing as well as they did when they first played the Cards and Cards are playing better. I hope the Mets win at least one game.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Enjoy it.

The Mets face the Cards in less than an hour. The Mets are not playing as well as they did when they first played the Cards and Cards are playing better. I hope the Mets win at least one game.

They will not get swept I am sure of that.

Archived