Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pirates are 4-0, it will be interesting to see if they hang around in the Division race as well.

I'm gonna say they won't be able to hang , I don't think they are deep enough across the board.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me Baseball is still toughest sport to win a Championship in because no 1 guy can control a game like in Basketball. Even in Football if you have a Great QB he can somewhat control a game. In Baseball, it is the ultimate team game. It involves a lot of luck to win as well. One team can be hitting the heck out of the ball but keep getting outs (like line drives, etc..) The other team can be getting bloop hits and win. Just so glad the Cubs won in 2016 because that could've went either way in reality. That is as close as it gets. Who knows they may never make it back to the WS but they won one and broke their curse at least. When you make the WS, you need to take advantage of it. If the Dodgers don't make it back, they will be thinking about 2017 forever. 

-I am not sure if I got more joy out of the Cubs finally winning in 2016 or watching all of the Cards and Whitesox fans be so upset and depressed that the Cubs won. Of course not you Jay, you are rare and a classy Cards fan but most of them were ready to jump off a cliff lmao. Whitesox fans too. I thought the rapper Nelly was going to cry the next day when he was on First Take. He is from St Louis and a huge Cards fan.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey, you shut out the Cubs to do it though! Tonight we have a rain delay.

It was raining all day in NYC too but the Mets are playing. No score in the top of the 4th. Harvey is pitching. 

This new Mets manager makes unorthodox moves. He removes Thor after 4 innings. He had thrown 92 pitches. Relievers are going to get a lot of wins. 

Mets lead 4-2 in the top of the 7th. Game was delayed because of rain. It is a beautiful day for baseball now. It is about 60° and no rain now.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This new Mets manager makes unorthodox moves. He removes Thor after 4 innings. He had thrown 92 pitches. Relievers are going to get a lot of wins. 

Mets lead 4-2 in the top of the 7th. Game was delayed because of rain. It is a beautiful day for baseball now. It is about 60° and no rain now.

The starters cant be happy though. They are getting short changed regarding Wins. He should at least keep his starting Pitcher in for 5 Innings so they can get the win. Mets look pretty good so far having said that.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The starters cant be happy though. They are getting short changed regarding Wins. He should at least keep his starting Pitcher in for 5 Innings so they can get the win. Mets look pretty good so far having said that.

I agree (that the pitchers should go at least 5 innings).

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

92 pitches is a lot for four innings , my guess hes being cautious for the long haul.

Mets off to a great start 4-1 although not that surprising they have a good team. The two starts that surprise me is the Pirates 4-1 and the Braves 4-2 , however I will be totally surprised if either of these two can hang for the long haul.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is tough, the Cubs get the mighty BrewCrew today in Milwaukee!

Yes believe that's a four game series they were talking about that on the game on FS1 last night . The announcers whoever they are were talking about talking to Kris Bryant and asked him what pitcher gives him the most problems. The reply they got was that's easy to answer Carlos Martinez . We will see if Martinez is the ace he should be like last night or the one who was in NY for the opener and wild trying to over throw. The Cards have plenty of pitching in all 3 major league ready starters on the triple A level Flaherty showed his stuff the other night before the bull pen squandered it for him. We all ready know what Reyes can do looking forward to him returning healthy and ready from TJ probably in June . Wise move to build him up strength wise before they actually turn him loose although healthy enough now. Jordan Hicks who closed the win in NY .  Good luck in Milwaukee to the Cubs , I think you will score runs the key is your pitching holding them down , they do field a potent lineup. 

Mets are up 8-2 over the Nationals in the bottom of the 7th. They scored 4 runs in the top of the 7th. deGrom goes 6 innings, throwing only 86 pitches. He was removed for a pinch hitter in the top of the 7th. So far, the manager has pulled every pitcher before they hit 100 pitches.

Archived