Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 8-4! Nice opening day win. Mets are up 8-4 in the Bottom of the 8th. Time to watch the Astros at Rangers.

Good to hear. I have not been able to watch or listen. Congrats on Cubs win. Hope the Mets do too. (Btw, Thor gave up 4 runs??)

• Sad 1

Nice win to start off a loooooooong season! Oh yeah ........

4A2AF8EE-F24A-4BD3-96AC-A24624FB2D20.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Good to hear. I have not been able to watch or listen. Congrats on Cubs win. Hope the Mets do too. (Btw, Thor gave up 4 runs??)

Mets won 9-4 :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a few fun facts - Best teams record wise from each decade since the 70's that won the World Series:

-70's = 1970 Baltimore Orioles 108-54 beat the Reds 4-1 in the WS/1975 Reds 108-54 beat the RedSox 4-3 in the WS. Tie between those 2 teams!

-80's = 1986 Mets 108-54 beat the RedSox 4-3 in the WS.

-90's = 1998 Yankees 114-48 beat the Padres 4-0 in the WS.

-2000-2009 = 2009 Yankees 103-59 beat the Phillies 4-2 in the WS.

-2010-2017 (so far) = 2016 Cubs 103-58 beat the Indians 4-3 in the WS, Cubs played 161 games due to 1 game being cancelled because of weather.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mets won 9-4 :thmup:

:applause: The Mets usually win on Opening Day. Let's see if we can follow that up with another good game. The Cards are a good team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

:applause: The Mets usually win on Opening Day. Let's see if we can follow that up with another good game. The Cards are a good team.

Your Offense was alive! lmao Is Jay ok, he hasn't Posted all day?

• Like 1

Yankees just won 6-1 over the Jays. So Cubs, Mets, Astros, and Yankees all have W's on opening day. Getting ready to watch Kershaw take on the Giants. What a fun day this has been. I have ate around 12 Hot Barbecue Wings or so and damn near have a 6 beers in me haha. Feeling good. It sucks Bumgarner is injured, I was hoping to see him battle Kershaw. Dodgers will probably will mop the floor with the Giants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your Offense was alive! lmao Is Jay ok, he hasn't Posted all day?

Jay is probably busy working. He is a tireless worker with long hours. Hope to see him by the end of the weekend.

Bats were alive! That was a big surprise. Let's see if they keep that up. I am encouraged by Brandon Nimmo, a homegrown player who has been hitting well. I have to watch the game tonight. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Go Cubs Go!

Harry1.jpg

Welcome!

Stop by any time. This is one of the best threads on the forum. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome!

Stop by any time. This is one of the best threads on the forum. 

I think Harrys hair may be better than Mel Kipers hair in that PIC haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of home runs hit today. One White Sox player hit three. Stanton hit two. He is going to feast at Yankees Stadium. Glad he is now in the AL.

Did Dee Gordon play for the Marlins today? He is a Mets killer. I would not mind him moving to the other league too.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lots of home runs hit today. One White Sox player hit three. Stanton hit two. He is going to feast at Yankees Stadium. Glad he is now in the AL.

Did Dee Gordon play for the Marlins today? He is a Mets killer. I would not mind him moving to the other league too.

@2006Coltsbestever

Lol. You reacted with the haha. That had me thinking perhaps Gordon was no longer with the Marlins. Sure enough, he is now with the Seattle Mariners. :thmup:

@2006Coltsbestever

Lol. You reacted with the haha. That had me thinking perhaps Gordon was no longer with the Marlins. Sure enough, he is now with the Seattle Mariners. :thmup:

I was laughing because you said he was a Mets killer. I had no idea he was is why I haha 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was laughing because you said he was a Mets killer.

He is. I went to look for stats but couldn't find it. An article written in 2016 called Gordon the biggest "Mets Killer", second only to Chase Utley.

Quote:

"Now playing in the NL East, Gordon has the chance to mash the Mets 20 times per year. In his last three years, he is hitting an even .400 against the club in over 100 at-bats. He will remain a thorn in the team's side for years to come"

Link: 5 Biggest Mets Killers

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Giants up 1-0 to the 9th. Dodgers 0 runs in 8 Innings, isn't that a head scratcher lmao 

:puhleeze:  It's just one game. ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He is. I went to look for stats but couldn't find it. An article written in 2016 called Gordon the biggest "Mets Killer", second only to Chase Utley.

Quote:

"Now playing in the NL East, Gordon has the chance to mash the Mets 20 times per year. In his last three years, he is hitting an even .400 against the club in over 100 at-bats. He will remain a thorn in the team's side for years to come"

Link: 5 Biggest Mets Killers

I had no idea. I guess he is the Cubs Murphy lmao 

• Haha 1

WOW, Dodgers get shut out at home on opening day. Kershaw takes the L. They could still go 161-1 as it's only 1 game :rock:. Great win for the Giants though because they don't have Bumgarner and this is a huge hated rivalry.

• Like 1

Wilmer Flores is loved by us Mets fans. He got the loudest ovation of all the Mets players today. Someone had a sign showing Fred Flintstone calling "Wilmer". It was funny.

https://goo.gl/images/KqqTy9

(this is not what I saw on the broadcast -- I could not find an image of the sign I saw in the stands)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, NFLfan said:

No one likes him. You wonder why he continues to be employed. His father was great.

Yes your right Jack was one of the greats , difference being Joe is full of himself . Jack was humble and it was about the game.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

WOW, Dodgers get shut out at home on opening day. Kershaw takes the L. They could still go 161-1 as it's only 1 game :rock:. Great win for the Giants though because they don't have Bumgarner and this is a huge hated rivalry.

Lol anything happens on opening day . We got shellacked lol didn't get to watch was driving back from Georgia . Cards signed Greg Holland to a 1 year deal to close.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Jay is probably busy working. He is a yreless worker with long hours. Hope to see him by the end of the weekend.

Bats were alive! That was a big surprise. Let's see if they keep that up. I am encouraged by Brandon Nimmo, a homegrown player who has been hitting well. I have to watch the game tonight. 

Actually was on vacation in Georgia lol. Missed the game.

• Like 3

Staying up here until I have to lay down - work tomorrow at 5am :thmdown:, watching the Cubs at Marlins. 1-1 in the 7th right now. Bryant has a HR but that has been the only scoring for the Cubs. Hendricks has looked Great.

• Like 2

That has to be demoralizing for Marlins players when 75% of the people in the stands are Cubs fans lmao. Edwards gets a 3rd out strikeout with bases loaded and the crowd cheered like it was a Playoff game! 1-1 to the 9th.

• Like 1

Well I have to go to bed. Figures this would go into extra Innings lmao. I hope the Cubs can pull this out. It's 1-1 to the top of 11th. If we do lose no biggie but I would like a win, it's only the 2nd game of the season. 

• Like 1