Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

@Gozer are you off Thursday? If so what is on the menu for Thursday? I am stopping by BW3's and getting 2 dozen Hot Barbecue Wings. I already bought my beer today, got a 12 pack of Corona and have some Crown Royal at the house too. Also what chances do you give the Cubs of winning the WS? I still think they are a Top 5 team but the Astros/Dodgers/Yankees/Nats all look like powerhouses. Nats still have a lot to prove though, like the Indians they tend to fold in the Postseason. The Cubs Pitching really has me worried, not only the BullPen but Starters too. I love our Offense though.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Gozer are you off Thursday? If so what is on the menu for Thursday? I am stopping by BW3's and getting 2 dozen Hot Barbecue Wings. I already bought my beer today, got a 12 pack of Corona and have some Crown Royal at the house too. Also what chances do you give the Cubs of winning the WS? I still think they are a Top 5 team but the Astros/Dodgers/Yankees/Nats all look like powerhouses. Nats still have a lot to prove though, like the Indians they tend to fold in the Postseason. The Cubs Pitching really has me worried, not only the BullPen but Starters too. I love our Offense though.

Hanging out in Chicago Thursday with the family, really wish it was a home game!!!!! Probably stop in at a bar and watch the game though, and throw down some Old Styles and Chicago dogs!!!

Would like to give you a prediction, but I really have to see how this bullpen comes together......I agree definitely a top 5 team amongst some stiff competition!!! Going to miss Arrieta for sure :Cry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should try the Mango Habanero sauce.....so good, but be warned, it will loosen up the nostrils, lol!!! Asian Zing, Jammin Jalapeño, and spicy garlic are my other favorites.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

You should try the Mango Habanero sauce.....so good, but be warned, it will loosen up the nostrils, lol!!! Asian Zing, Jammin Jalapeño, and spicy garlic are my other favorites.

I am half tempted to get a 6 of the Blazin lmao. Just to eat 1 and see how Bad it is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am half tempted to get a 6 of the Blazin lmao. Just to eat 1 and see how Bad it is.

They are pretty hot, had hotter, but they are definitely blazin!!! Have plenty of ranch sauce or a cup of milk ready to go lol!

• Like 1

Watching the MLB Channel and they are breaking down their predictions and who will do what. I am not so sure the Mets wont be a WildCard team this season in the NL. I think Division winners will be Dodgers, Nationals, and Cubs. I think Cards make 1 of the WildCards but between the DBacks and Mets for that final spot, that is a coin flip. Mets have Thor, Degrom, and Harvey in their rotation. That is pretty solid. Harvey is healthy now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching the MLB Channel and they are breaking down their predictions and who will do what. I am not so sure the Mets wont be a WildCard team this season in the NL. I think Division winners will be Dodgers, Nationals, and Cubs. I think Cards make 1 of the WildCards but between the DBacks and Mets for that final spot, that is a coin flip. Mets have Thor, Degrom, and Harvey in their rotation. That is pretty solid. Harvey is healthy now.

The new manager announced the Mets rotation to start the season. It will be:

Syndergaard

deGrom

Matz

Harvey 

Lugo (in that order)

I'm not excited about our hitters. (What else is new! Lol) We will have to win with pitching and defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The new manager announced the Mets rotation to start the season. It will be:

Syndergaard

deGrom

Matz

Harvey 

Lugo (in that order)

I'm not excited about our hitters. (What else is new! Lol) We will have to win with pitching and defense.

Your Pitching and Defense alone makes you a Playoff threat IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your Pitching and Defense alone makes you a Playoff threat IMO.

Thanks. I hope so. 

I will be checking for updates tomorrow. Good luck to our favorite teams. 

• Like 2

Happy Opening Day, my friends. It is a glorious day. 

Enjoy the games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HAPP SLAMS FIRST PITCH OUT FOR A HR!!!!!!!! Go cubs!!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What channel are you guys watching the Cubs on. Here it's on WNDY 10. It's not on ESPN here in Indianapolis.

I am watching the WGN broadcast via the Extra Innings Preview

• Like 1

Still have my reservations having Schwarber playing outfield, no where else to play him though....going to end up becoming a designated hitter if he keeps that stuff up......Lester definitely not having a good start

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What channel are you guys watching the Cubs on. Here it's on WNDY 10. It's not on ESPN here in Indianapolis.

670 The Score while en route to Chicago

• Like 1