Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My early pick for the WS = Dodgers 4-2 over the Yankees. The Dodgers have been close for a long time, they are due. The Yankees are the best team in the AL IMO. It's real tough to Repeat, no team has done it since the 2000Yankees so I see the Astros having a let down like the Cubs did last season. I don't trust the Nationals or Indians, those 2 teams choke every year. Regarding the Cubs I can see them making their 4th straight NLCS by the skin of their teeth but as of now I don't think they have the BullPen to get back to another WS or win another. Losing Jake off the starting rotation isn't good either.

To follow this up - a Dodgers/Yankees WS would probably shatter all the Baseball ratings of all-time.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think it's a toss up between the Cubs/Cards/and Brewers on who wins the Division. I am picking the Cubs but don't feel real comfortable about it. I think it will come down to the last week of the season this season. The Cubs still have Good Pitching but it isn't Great anymore like it was in 2016. The BullPen looks shaky to me on paper too. I love our lineup though with Bryant/Rizzo/Contreras/Baez/Russell/Happ/KyleS/Zobrist, etc.. We have a lot weapons on offense. I think we will have to outscore a lot of teams to win but we are capable of it with the guys I just mentioned. I am looking at the Cubs at winning 90 games. It will take 90 to win the Division IMO as the Cards and Brewers will be right at 90 as well.

I don't see the Brew crew that close they wont have the pitching unless they make some moves late , I see the Cubs and Cards as 10 games better because of it.

8 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I don't see the Brew crew that close they wont have the pitching unless they make some moves late , I see the Cubs and Cards as 10 games better because of it.

I don't know, I agree about their Pitching being iffy but they can score with the best of teams. I see them winning at least 85 games or so. I see the Cubs and Cards at 90 or so. Pirates will be an interesting team to watch, that team was streaky last season.

1 more week and it's here finally. Baseball has become my favorite sport over the last couple of years but I guess that may be due to the Colts being mediocre and the Cubs winning a WS. I also have the patience to watch Baseball which helps, I enjoy the chess matches between teams. I have enjoyed watching the Pacers this season as well so I am digging Basketball about now too. Colts need to get their crap together.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 more week and it's here finally. Baseball has become my favorite sport over the last couple of years but I guess that may be due to the Colts being mediocre and the Cubs winning a WS. I also have the patience to watch Baseball which helps, I enjoy the chess matches between teams. I have enjoyed watching the Pacers this season as well so I am digging Basketball about now too. Colts need to get their crap together.

Yes the Pacers have been fun, hopefully get healthy for the play offs.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Brewers pitching is not even where it was last year , they will be lucky to win 80 as they are.

Man I hope so, they were getting on my nerves last season lmao. I really hope the Dodgers fall off a little too but I don't see it, they look to me as the team to beat. Astros wont Repeat because nobody does haha.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am so glad the MLB has instant replay now. I am watching Game 7 of Cards at Twins in the 1987 WS and the UMPS blew a homeplate call and a 1st base call.  

Lol don't remind me it went really far toward determining the outcome of the series.

20 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Brewers pitching is not even where it was last year , they will be lucky to win 80 as they are.

Who are their pitchers? 

Who is pitching for the Cards in the opener next week? Noah is gping for the Mets.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to go to bed shortly because I have to work in the morning but are you going to the game? I will read your reply in the morning.

I don't think so. My boss told me yesterday that she plans to be off next Thursday and Friday. I don't believe she will give anyone else in my department off. If it was a night game, I would go after work. It is a day game. :(

Good night. Sleep well. :sleepy:

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think so. My boss told me yesterday that she plans to be off next Thursday and Friday. I don't believe she will give anyone else in my department off. If it was a night game, I would go after work. It is a day game. :(

I've decided to so skip work Thursday so that I can watch the Cubs. Plus side of school job and us having Thursday friday off of school

24 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And to show the video they did

ROFL... That is too funny. Jay, 2006CBE, Gozer and others will know why I find it even more funny. 

Thanks for sharing that. The more I learn about Rizzo the more I want to steal him from the Cubs. He should be all Cubs fans' favorite player. Love everything about Rizzo! 

Just now, NFLfan said:

ROFL... That is too funny. Jay, 2006CBE, Gozer and others will know why I find it even more funny. (No Tommy, I could be your mother... maybe.)

Thanks for sharing that. The more I learn about Rizzo the more I want to steal him from the Cubs. He should be all Cubs fans' favorite player. Love everything about Rizzo! 

He is great still hope to meet him at some point. He's doing a charity for MSD

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I've decided to so skip work Thursday so that I can watch the Cubs. Plus side of school job and us having Thursday friday off of school

Lucky you. :P  Enjoy it. It is good to see young people like yourself who like baseball.

Do you like the history of baseball too? When I was growing up, the baseball announcers talked about past players and historical events. It was great. If you like baseball history, watch Ken Burns' series on Baseball. I enjoyed them a lot. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lucky you. :P  Enjoy it. It is good to see young people like yourself who like baseball.

Do you like the history of baseball too? When I was growing up, the baseball announcers talked about past players and historical events. It was great. If you like baseball history, watch Ken Burns' series on Baseball. I enjoyed them a lot. 

As long as it is not Joe Buck talking about it ya

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I just woke back up after only sleeping an hour but going back to bed. Yeah that stinks you have to work next Thursday. I wasn't sure if you were off or going to the game. I am luckily off next Thursday and Friday. I woke back up to see if the Pacers won and Kansas won, they both won so I have to go back to bed now. I had Kansas over Michigan in my bracket from the beginning in the Finals so I am good - only 8 teams left now. Chat with you all later.

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Have to hit the bed but I am going by BW3's on Thursday and grabbing me 2 dozen Hot Barbecue Wings and buying a 12 pack of Corona before all the games come on. Cubs play at 1240EST at Miami.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just woke back up after only sleeping an hour but going back to bed. Yeah that stinks you have to work next Thursday. I wasn't sure if you were off or going to the game. I am luckily off next Thursday and Friday. I woke back up to see if the Pacers won and Kansas won, they both won so I have to go back to bed now. I had Kansas over Michigan in my bracket from the beginning in the Finals so I am good - only 8 teams left now. Chat with you all later.

Ok. Get some rest. Hope you got to see that video that PuntersArePeopleToo posted. It is hilarious. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Have to hit the bed but I am going by BW3's on Thursday and grabbing me 2 dozen Hot Barbecue Wings and buying a 12 pack of Corona before all the games come on. Cubs play at 1240EST at Miami.

Hope you are not having that all by yourself. haha  

It will be nice to have baseball back. Attending Saturday's game is a possibility but it is the day before Easter; so, I am not sure.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hope you are not having that all by yourself. haha  

It will be nice to have baseball back. Attending Saturday's game is a possibility but it is the day before Easter; so, I am not sure.

"Hope you are not having that all by yourself" - Not all at once lmao. I will probably nurse a few beers throughout the day and eat a dozen wings or so in the afternoon when I am starving. Those wings are good for 2 days. I will eat the other dozen on Friday. I have a friend that can actually eat over 20 wings in one setting haha. He used to do it all the time during Colts games. I am good with 12. Heck of a slate on Thursday. Cubs at Miami at 1240ET, Giants at Dodgers at 710ET, both games on ESPN. Every team plays on Thursday.

March 29 is Opening Day in Baseball. Scheduled times (all Eastern time) and probable pitching match-ups are:

• Chicago Cubs (LHP Jon Lester) at Miami Marlins (RHP Jose Urena), 12:40 p.m.
  • Pittsburgh Pirates (RHP Ivan Nova) at Detroit Tigers (RHP Jordan Zimmermann), 1:10 p.m.
  • St. Louis Cardinals (RHP Carlos Martinez) at New York Mets (RHP Noah Syndergaard), 1:10 p.m.
  • Minnesota Twins (RHP Jake Odorizzi) at Baltimore Orioles (RHP Dylan Bundy), 3:05 p.m.
  • Houston Astros (RHP Justin Verlander) at Texas Rangers (LHP Cole Hamels), 3:35 p.m.
  • New York Yankees (RHP Luis Severino) at Toronto Blue Jays (LHP J.A. Happ), 3:37 p.m.
  • Boston Red Sox (LHP Chris Sale) at Tampa Bay Rays (RHP Chris Archer), 4 p.m.
  • Los Angeles Angels (TBA) at Oakland Athletics (RHP Kendall Graveman), 4:05 p.m.
  • Milwaukee Brewers (RHP Chase Anderson) at San Diego Padres (LHP Clayton Richard), 4:10 p.m.
  • Philadelphia Phillies (RHP Aaron Nola) at Atlanta Braves (RHP Julio Teheran), 4:10 p.m.
  • Washington Nationals (RHP Max Scherzer) at Cincinnati Reds (RHP Homer Bailey), 4:10 p.m.
  • Chicago White Sox (RHP James Shields) at Kansas City Royals (LHP Danny Duffy), 4:15 p.m.
  • San Francisco Giants (LHP Ty Blach) at Los Angeles Dodgers (LHP Clayton Kershaw), 7:08 p.m.
  • Cleveland Indians (RHP Corey Kluber) at Seattle Mariners (RHP Felix Hernandez), 10:10 p.m.
  • Colorado Rockies (TBA) at Arizona Diamondbacks (LHP Patrick Corbin), 10:10 p.m.

Linky: Cleveland.com

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

March 29 is Opening Day in Baseball. Scheduled times (all Eastern time) and probable pitching match-ups are:

• Chicago Cubs (LHP Jon Lester) at Miami Marlins (RHP Jose Urena), 12:40 p.m.
  • Pittsburgh Pirates (RHP Ivan Nova) at Detroit Tigers (RHP Jordan Zimmermann), 1:10 p.m.
  • St. Louis Cardinals (RHP Carlos Martinez) at New York Mets (RHP Noah Syndergaard), 1:10 p.m.
  • Minnesota Twins (RHP Jake Odorizzi) at Baltimore Orioles (RHP Dylan Bundy), 3:05 p.m.
  • Houston Astros (RHP Justin Verlander) at Texas Rangers (LHP Cole Hamels), 3:35 p.m.
  • New York Yankees (RHP Luis Severino) at Toronto Blue Jays (LHP J.A. Happ), 3:37 p.m.
  • Boston Red Sox (LHP Chris Sale) at Tampa Bay Rays (RHP Chris Archer), 4 p.m.
  • Los Angeles Angels (TBA) at Oakland Athletics (RHP Kendall Graveman), 4:05 p.m.
  • Milwaukee Brewers (RHP Chase Anderson) at San Diego Padres (LHP Clayton Richard), 4:10 p.m.
  • Philadelphia Phillies (RHP Aaron Nola) at Atlanta Braves (RHP Julio Teheran), 4:10 p.m.
  • Washington Nationals (RHP Max Scherzer) at Cincinnati Reds (RHP Homer Bailey), 4:10 p.m.
  • Chicago White Sox (RHP James Shields) at Kansas City Royals (LHP Danny Duffy), 4:15 p.m.
  • San Francisco Giants (LHP Ty Blach) at Los Angeles Dodgers (LHP Clayton Kershaw), 7:08 p.m.
  • Cleveland Indians (RHP Corey Kluber) at Seattle Mariners (RHP Felix Hernandez), 10:10 p.m.
  • Colorado Rockies (TBA) at Arizona Diamondbacks (LHP Patrick Corbin), 10:10 p.m.

Linky: Cleveland.com

I am going to be watching and following the games all day and night. Cant wait.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to be watching and following the games all day and night. Cant wait.

Lucky you. You'll have to give us updates. 

How do you feel about Lester pitching the opener for the Cubbies? 

I heard on the news that Wainwright most likely will not pitch against the Mets. I believe he has an injury.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lucky you. You'll have to give us updates. 

How do you feel about Lester pitching the opener for the Cubbies? 

I heard on the news that Wainwright most likely will not pitch against the Mets. I believe he has an injury.

Yeah I will be logged on all day as I am off work Thursday and Friday. I will give updates. I am ok with Lester. I hope he Pitches well. Cubs have a favorable matchup IMO playing the Marlins. There are a lot of very interesting matchups during the day like Cards at Mets, Astros at Rangers, and Giants at Dodgers. Yankees play at BlueJays as well.

Archived