Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

You spoke to soon, lol. Might be going to extra innings!!!

I should REALLY be in asleep right now, lol.

Yes I did haha. I thought it was over. It's over now though, Cards win it in the 9th. This is where not having Chap hurts. It wasn't Bryant's night either. Great comeback but still a loss.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes I did haha. I thought it was over. It's over now though, Cards win it in the 9th. This is where not having Chap hurts. It wasn't Bryant's night either. Great comeback but still a loss.

Couple things before I sign out....

Was hoping we wouldnt miss Chapman, he blew some games for us as well, but we might be hurting without him.

I don't like Schwarber playing left field. He doesn't look natural out there, he got hurt out there last year, and I think we have better options. Need to have a speedier guy out there. Tough decision. And on that game winning hit, why wasn't he playing deeper? The guy hit a freaking home run earlier!!!!  A good outfielder might have been able to catch that and take the game into extra innings. Oh well, plenty of games to go, now I'm going to bed.

Today's Schedule

Miami vs Washington

Atlanta vs NY Mets

Pittsburgh vs Boston

Colorado vs Milwaukee 

Toronto vs Baltimore

San Diego vs LA Dodgers

Philadelphia vs Cincinnati  

Detroit vs Chi White Sox

Kansas City vs Minnesota 

Cleveland vs Texas

Seattle vs Houston

LA Angels vs Oakland

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Seems that the Mets are Free Swingers and the Braves could be looking for a catcher

Yeah, Julio Teheran is a Mets killer. Strikeouts bring up pitch counts. So hopefully he is out by the 6th. 

What happened to the Braves catcher?

13 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Couple things before I sign out....

Was hoping we wouldnt miss Chapman, he blew some games for us as well, but we might be hurting without him.

I don't like Schwarber playing left field. He doesn't look natural out there, he got hurt out there last year, and I think we have better options. Need to have a speedier guy out there. Tough decision. And on that game winning hit, why wasn't he playing deeper? The guy hit a freaking home run earlier!!!!  A good outfielder might have been able to catch that and take the game into extra innings. Oh well, plenty of games to go, now I'm going to bed.

I wouldn't worry about it to much, having Schwarber's bat is pretty important. That is really the only position he can play unfortunately, maybe Catcher at times? I like Contreras though. I thought the game was over going into the 9th but I should've known better as the Cubs have a knack for coming back. Just to tie it after being down 3-0 was pretty good. I am worried about our BullPen if I had one worry, that was the Cubs only weakness last season until we got Chap. That is why we got Chap in the first place.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This Braves Pitcher isn't too shabby either, scoreless through 4 Innings. Mets leaving runners on base too much.

Remember I wrote that he is a Mets killer? I think he has lost only once to the Mets. We can't buy a run off Teheran. That is why I want him to continue throwing lots of pitches. Maybe they will take him out in the 6th.

Did you welcome the Reds fan to our club? :)

Archived