Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

PT I hear you on this its like there is no loyalty to the fans or city. IMO it was a fair offer , now we are back to the agent thing. I despise Boras , would love to see him gone. But I also think Jake the better pitcher. Id love to have him as a Cardinal , but I have never been sold on Darvish..

 

My feelings are not about his talent is about the decision he made and the fact that he is no longer a Cub

   It is the same way that I did root for the Broncos just because of Peyton Manning

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, jshipp23 said:

Any chance Yankees pursue Arrietta?

Yes I think they might . There are several still rumored interested including the Cards. With them you cant read their true intentions. They will stay quite if they are in till it seems somethings at hand. And welcome to the thread jshipp23. We have a lot of fun in here and its not a place where you cant voice an opinion because your worried about people trying to be-little or run you down . We have always respected one another. I'm a Cards fan but I love and respect the game and like to see it played right. If I see it from other teams I will acknowledge and be happy for them .

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I think they might . There are several still rumored interested including the Cards. With them you cant read their true intentions. They will stay quite if they are in till it seems somethings at hand. And welcome to the thread jshipp23. We have a lot of fun in here and its not a place where you cant voice an opinion because your worried about people trying to be-little or run you down . We have always respected one another. I'm a Cards fan but I love and respect the game and like to see it played right. If I see it from other teams I will acknowledge and be happy for them .

 

JMO but Boras might have messed him up by holding out for a bigger contract

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

JMO but Boras might have messed him up by holding out for a bigger contract

Boras is loyal to himself.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

the fact that he is no longer a Cub

 

So, I was right. Lol.

 

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

   It is the same way that I did root for the Broncos just because of Peyton Manning

 

You rooted for Peyton Manning when he left? Or did you mean you did not root for Manning when he was a Bronco? Based on what you wrote about Jake, I would expect your reaction to be one of "Good riddance".

 

I am the opposite. If a player was a good guy on my team, I want him back if he is still capable of getting wins for my team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

So, I was right. Lol.

 

 

You rooted for Peyton Manning when he left? Or did you mean you did not root for Manning when he was a Bronco? Based on what you wrote about Jake, I would expect your reaction to be one of "Good riddance".

 

I am the opposite. If a player was a good guy on my team, I want him back if he is still capable of getting wins for my team.

I meant not and never want someone to leave but when they choose to I am done

    For some reason(Boras, age,talent, or other) the Braintrust decided to move on and although he will always be a Cub since he is not a current Cub or Tri-State Native  I will not be following him

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I meant not and never want someone to leave but when they choose to I am done

    For some reason(Boras, age,talent, or other) the Braintrust decided to move on and although he will always be a Cub since he is not a current Cub or Tri-State Native  I will not be following him

 

Okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I meant not and never want someone to leave but when they choose to I am done

    For some reason(Boras, age,talent, or other) the Braintrust decided to move on and although he will always be a Cub since he is not a current Cub or Tri-State Native  I will not be following him

To me Jake will always be a Cub much like Peyton will always truly be a Colt. Jake is the best PostSeason Pitcher of all-time in Cubs history. It started in 2015 where he won an elimination Wildcard game at Pittsburgh. Then he beat the Cards in the next round when the series was tied 1-1 where the Cubs advanced to the NLCS. In 2016 he won both of his starts in the WS against the Indians (2-0) and the Cubs won their first WS in 108 years. Last season the Dodgers were smoking the Cubs in the NLCS, in steps Jake and he wins his start to avoid being swept and give the Cubs hope. Yu has some damn big shoes to fill.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Jake will always be a Cub much like Peyton will always truly be a Colt. Jake is the best PostSeason Pitcher of all-time in Cubs history. It started in 2015 where he won an elimination Wildcard game at Pittsburgh. Then he beat the Cards in the next round when the series was tied 1-1 where the Cubs advanced to the NLCS. In 2016 he won both of his starts in the WS against the Indians (2-0) and the Cubs won their first WS in 108 years. Last season the Dodgers were smoking the Cubs in the NLCS, in steps Jake and he wins his start to avoid being swept and give the Cubs hope. Yu has some damn big shoes to fill.

I think if he tries he will be in trouble , I just don't look at him as an ace. He can prove me wrong but wont be holding my breath.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think if he tries he will be in trouble , I just don't look at him as an ace. He can prove me wrong but wont be holding my breath.

I don't see him as an ACE either. I think Yu has been a Good to Very Good Pitcher in his career but to me he is a 2nd type guy I would put my rotation. ACE's to me are Bumgarner, Kershaw, Verlander, Jake, and Kluber for example - Lester a couple years ago as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will also state this I think whoever gets Lance Lynn has got something . Hes an innings eater even after coming of TJ last year . This year slimmed down and in best shape of his career . Just had to throw that out there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

I will also state this I think whoever gets Lance Lynn has got something . Hes an innings eater even after coming of TJ last year . This year slimmed down and in best shape of his career . Just had to throw that out there.

In my last Post I left out Scherzer somehow haha but he is an ACE too. I wonder if NFLfan thinks Matt Harvey is haha. I had to say it lmao 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In my last Post I left out Scherzer somehow haha but he is an ACE too. I wonder if NFLfan thinks Matt Harvey is haha. I had to say it lmao 

Funny thing is we know he can be

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Take care. Baseball season starts in less than 2 months, cant wait.

:rock:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Jake goes to the Brewers, I quit lmao 

Man that would be a waste...smh

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes he can. NFLfan could probably get his autograph when she goes to a Mets game too.

 

haha I am too old for autographs. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I buy autographs the last time I fought for one was in MS

 

You buy autographs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Jerry Sloan, Jazz were Very Good for a decade!

He is from my area and went to the same college(University of Evansville) as my Dad

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don Buse was a Great shooter, I remember him well when he played.

He was from the small town of Holland about a hour from me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He was from the small town of Holland about a hour from me

My mom used to get season tickets for the Pacers through her job in the early 80's. Buse was one of my favorite players along with Billy Knight, and when Clark Kellogg came into the league he was a beast!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Has anyone on here been to either Fenway, Rogers Centre, Kauffman, Progressive, or PNC before?

 

I have not. Have you? You once said you hoped to go to all the baseball stadiums. Which ones did you like best? The one in San Francisco looks awesome. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

That's good to hear. I did not realize he was no longer with the Giants. Who do you think will sign him? 

Its hard to say 12 teams were present . Depends on needs and wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

I have not. Have you? You once said you hoped to go to all the baseball stadiums. Which ones did you like best? The one in San Francisco looks awesome. 

I havent, thats why I was hoping maybe someone here had. My plan is to hit up those ones this year. And outside of Cubs, Great American is fun and Citi Field looked nice inside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I do remember his VCU days in basketball, and he'd absolutely destroy anyone in the paint.    I still go back to that catch during the Raiders game in 2018. That was around our turning point where we just took off and didn't look back. 
    • @John Waylon  great statement 
    • This is why this thing is so out of hand.    A helmet isn’t going to stop the spread. A face shield will lower the chances of spread, but it doesn’t eliminate it.    You don’t have to spend a “considerable amount of time around someone” to catch the virus. You can literally contract it passing someone on a sidewalk if they have recently spouted the virus into the air.    And football players spend the whole game, literally the whole game, running around making contact with others. Breathing heavy. Yelling. Spitting. Slobbering. It’s a wonderful breeding ground for the virus to spread.    Beyond that there are already plenty of high-risk groups who have a chance to suffer from complications of the virus. Maybe they have an elderly family member who lives in-home. Maybe a diabetic or asthmatic child. Maybe they are diabetic.    The kind of narrow and uninformed rhetoric above is exactly why this thing has, and continues to burn through the planet, especially here in the US. 
    • Darius has stated many times that he prefers to play around 220. He was weighed in at 230 for the combine.  But was nursing an injury, and was not able to work out for a lot of that time, and gained some weight.
    • Yeah he is listed at 230. I was thinking more like 235.
  • Members

    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 11,173

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 9,766

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 7,141

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Onthefence

      Onthefence 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrulli

      cjrulli 391

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • legend300

      legend300 114

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caleb3502

      Caleb3502 599

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dw49

      dw49 3,247

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mel Kiper's Hair

      Mel Kiper's Hair 1,564

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 1,517

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...