Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

PT I hear you on this its like there is no loyalty to the fans or city. IMO it was a fair offer , now we are back to the agent thing. I despise Boras , would love to see him gone. But I also think Jake the better pitcher. Id love to have him as a Cardinal , but I have never been sold on Darvish..

My feelings are not about his talent is about the decision he made and the fact that he is no longer a Cub

It is the same way that I did root for the Broncos just because of Peyton Manning

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, jshipp23 said:

Any chance Yankees pursue Arrietta?

Yes I think they might . There are several still rumored interested including the Cards. With them you cant read their true intentions. They will stay quite if they are in till it seems somethings at hand. And welcome to the thread jshipp23. We have a lot of fun in here and its not a place where you cant voice an opinion because your worried about people trying to be-little or run you down . We have always respected one another. I'm a Cards fan but I love and respect the game and like to see it played right. If I see it from other teams I will acknowledge and be happy for them .

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I think they might . There are several still rumored interested including the Cards. With them you cant read their true intentions. They will stay quite if they are in till it seems somethings at hand. And welcome to the thread jshipp23. We have a lot of fun in here and its not a place where you cant voice an opinion because your worried about people trying to be-little or run you down . We have always respected one another. I'm a Cards fan but I love and respect the game and like to see it played right. If I see it from other teams I will acknowledge and be happy for them .

JMO but Boras might have messed him up by holding out for a bigger contract

19 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

the fact that he is no longer a Cub

So, I was right. Lol.

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It is the same way that I did root for the Broncos just because of Peyton Manning

You rooted for Peyton Manning when he left? Or did you mean you did not root for Manning when he was a Bronco? Based on what you wrote about Jake, I would expect your reaction to be one of "Good riddance".

I am the opposite. If a player was a good guy on my team, I want him back if he is still capable of getting wins for my team.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

So, I was right. Lol.

You rooted for Peyton Manning when he left? Or did you mean you did not root for Manning when he was a Bronco? Based on what you wrote about Jake, I would expect your reaction to be one of "Good riddance".

I am the opposite. If a player was a good guy on my team, I want him back if he is still capable of getting wins for my team.

I meant not and never want someone to leave but when they choose to I am done

For some reason(Boras, age,talent, or other) the Braintrust decided to move on and although he will always be a Cub since he is not a current Cub or Tri-State Native  I will not be following him

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For some reason(Boras, age,talent, or other) the Braintrust decided to move on and although he will always be a Cub since he is not a current Cub or Tri-State Native  I will not be following him

Okay. 

14 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

To me Jake will always be a Cub much like Peyton will always truly be a Colt. Jake is the best PostSeason Pitcher of all-time in Cubs history. It started in 2015 where he won an elimination Wildcard game at Pittsburgh. Then he beat the Cards in the next round when the series was tied 1-1 where the Cubs advanced to the NLCS. In 2016 he won both of his starts in the WS against the Indians (2-0) and the Cubs won their first WS in 108 years. Last season the Dodgers were smoking the Cubs in the NLCS, in steps Jake and he wins his start to avoid being swept and give the Cubs hope. Yu has some damn big shoes to fill.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Jake will always be a Cub much like Peyton will always truly be a Colt. Jake is the best PostSeason Pitcher of all-time in Cubs history. It started in 2015 where he won an elimination Wildcard game at Pittsburgh. Then he beat the Cards in the next round when the series was tied 1-1 where the Cubs advanced to the NLCS. In 2016 he won both of his starts in the WS against the Indians (2-0) and the Cubs won their first WS in 108 years. Last season the Dodgers were smoking the Cubs in the NLCS, in steps Jake and he wins his start to avoid being swept and give the Cubs hope. Yu has some damn big shoes to fill.

I think if he tries he will be in trouble , I just don't look at him as an ace. He can prove me wrong but wont be holding my breath.

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think if he tries he will be in trouble , I just don't look at him as an ace. He can prove me wrong but wont be holding my breath.

I don't see him as an ACE either. I think Yu has been a Good to Very Good Pitcher in his career but to me he is a 2nd type guy I would put my rotation. ACE's to me are Bumgarner, Kershaw, Verlander, Jake, and Kluber for example - Lester a couple years ago as well.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

I will also state this I think whoever gets Lance Lynn has got something . Hes an innings eater even after coming of TJ last year . This year slimmed down and in best shape of his career . Just had to throw that out there.

In my last Post I left out Scherzer somehow haha but he is an ACE too. I wonder if NFLfan thinks Matt Harvey is haha. I had to say it lmao 

11 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Has anyone on here been to either Fenway, Rogers Centre, Kauffman, Progressive, or PNC before?

I have not. Have you? You once said you hoped to go to all the baseball stadiums. Which ones did you like best? The one in San Francisco looks awesome. 

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I have not. Have you? You once said you hoped to go to all the baseball stadiums. Which ones did you like best? The one in San Francisco looks awesome. 

I havent, thats why I was hoping maybe someone here had. My plan is to hit up those ones this year. And outside of Cubs, Great American is fun and Citi Field looked nice inside

Archived