Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As a Reds fan, I know this feeling all too well when it comes to Dusty Baker...

lmao Poor Dusty. Reds do have promise IMO, I like their lineup, just need better Pitching.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao Poor Dusty. Reds do have promise IMO, I like their lineup, just need better Pitching.

We have some rising talent like Schebler, but it will be another couple of years before this team can even think of contending. And I'm okay with that in a way, as it makes the stress lower. I have very low expectations so I can just enjoy the game at the ballpark haha... 

Just now, RollerColt said:

We have some rising talent like Schebler, but it will be another couple of years before this team can even think of contending. And I'm okay with that in a way, as it makes the stress lower. I have very low expectations so I can just enjoy the game at the ballpark haha... 

The whole Division has talent, Pirates and Brewers are even dangerous. Cards always scare me the most when it comes to the Cubs but anything can happen in Baseball. Regarding this season, the Dodgers are a machine and I just think it's their year.

• Like 1

The whole Division has talent, Pirates and Brewers are even dangerous. Cards always scare me the most when it comes to the Cubs but anything can happen in Baseball. Regarding this season, the Dodgers are a machine and I just think it's their year.

Oh I agree. I went to the Dodgers - Reds games during Pete Rose weekend in June, and I was blown away by how stacked that team was. 

I hope Houston wins this series. I picked LA to win but would love to see Houston win actually because they are a huge underdog. Series is at 1-1 and the next 3 in Houston. That place is a madhouse and Houston usually plays great there. Cant wait for Friday's game.

Wow. I knew Yankees fans were not happy with Joe Girardi but I did not believe he would not return as manager. The Yankees made it much farther than anyone could have expected.  I don't get it.

I wonder who will get the job??? @coltsfansince65 @bababooey Who do you want to be the next manager of the Yankees?

As for Girardi, I would not be surprised if he was the next manager of the Nationals. 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Wow. I knew Yankees fans were not happy with Joe Girardi but I did not believe he would not return as manager. The Yankees made it much farther than anyone could have expected.  I don't get it.

I wonder who will get the job??? @coltsfansince65 @bababooey Who do you want to be the next manager of the Yankees?

As for Girardi, I would not be surprised if he was the next manager of the Nationals. 

Cubs Bench Coach Martinez being looked at by both Nationals and Yankees for manger position.

Just now, GOZER said:

Cubs Bench Coach Martinez being looked at by both Nationals and Yankees for manger position.

Thank you! What is his first name? I wonder if I know who he is. 

• Like 1

Cubs news....

Rays pitching Coach, Jim Hickey, to be named Cubs new pitching coach.

Red Sox Coach Chili Davis to be named new Cubs pitching Coach .

Rizzo, Heyward, Zobrist named Gold Glove finalists....Baez snubbed?

Soon to be free agent Jake Arriettas (rented)Chicago home hits the market......hmmmmmm........

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you! What is his first name? I wonder if I know who he is. 

Dave Martinez, Brooklyn born, shoot you might know him! I mean, Brooklyn New York is so small right? lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/sports/eight-potential-candidates-to-be-the-next-yankees-manager-joe-girardi-dave-martinez-cubs/amp/

• Like 1

I was not crazy about some of the head scratching moves Girardi has done this season but I wasn't one of those fire his butt fans either. I was mildly surprised but not shocked by the move. In the end, the front office decided not to renew him. I think Joe & Cashman didn't exactly see eye to eye on things going forward & the handwriting was on the wall regarding Joe sticking around.

As for who I would like to see as the new manager...........I like someone who's name I haven't heard mentioned yet. How about Tony Pena? I want someone with at least some experience managing on the major league level. Plus, he was a catcher & I like ex catchers as managers. Cashman interviewed Pena for the job back in 2008 when Girardi got the job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GOZER said:

Dave Martinez, Brooklyn born, shoot you might know him! I mean, Brooklyn New York is so small right? lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/sports/eight-potential-candidates-to-be-the-next-yankees-manager-joe-girardi-dave-martinez-cubs/amp/

haha Thank you. I know Dave Martinez from his days as a Montreal Expos outfielder. I did not know he was from NY. He never came across as someone who would be a manager. He seemed to be one of the quietest players out there. I did see him in the Cubs dugout. It would be interesting if Nationals hired him, as the Nationals replaced the Expos. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I was not crazy about some of the head scratching moves Girardi has done this season but I wasn't one of those fire his butt fans either. I was mildly surprised but not shocked by the move. In the end, the front office decided not to renew him. I think Joe & Cashman didn't exactly see eye to eye on things going forward & the handwriting was on the wall regarding Joe sticking around.

As for who I would like to see as the new manager...........I like someone who's name I haven't heard mentioned yet. How about Tony Pena? I want someone with at least some experience managing on the major league level. Plus, he was a catcher & I like ex catchers as managers. Cashman interviewed Pena for the job back in 2008 when Girardi got the job.

Thank you for replying. Funny you should mention Tony Pena. He is the only name I thought of, as he already has a relationship with the Yankees. I too like former catchers as managers.

The Mets hired a pitching coach from the Indians as manager, Mickey Calloway. I know nothing about him.

9 hours ago, GOZER said:

Cubs news....

Rays pitching Coach, Jim Hickey, to be named Cubs new pitching coach.

Red Sox Coach Chili Davis to be named new Cubs pitching Coach .

Rizzo, Heyward, Zobrist named Gold Glove finalists....Baez snubbed?

Soon to be free agent Jake Arriettas (rented)Chicago home hits the market......hmmmmmm........

If we don't sign re-sign Jake I will be very sad. I love the guy. Man huge game tonight because it is 1-1, whoever wins Game 3 has a huge advantage. Yeah Cubs were down 3-1 even but that was the Cubs who were on a mission with the MVP in Kris Bryant and Jake+Chap. I think whoever wins tonight's game wins the series at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge game tonight, this is a momentum changer.

Still won’t be watching   

IHSAA Playoffs tonight 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we don't sign re-sign Jake I will be very sad. I love the guy. Man huge game tonight because it is 1-1, whoever wins Game 3 has a huge advantage. Yeah Cubs were down 3-1 even but that was the Cubs who were on a mission with the MVP in Kris Bryant and Jake+Chap. I think whoever wins tonight's game wins the series at this point.

Jake has been very inconsistent 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Still won’t be watching   

IHSAA Playoffs tonight 

I always watch Baseball when the WS is on. They don't  kneel and disrespect the flag for one thing and #2 it's the WS. I cant wait for this game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Jake has been very inconsistent 

He's the best Pitcher we have had the last 3 years and the only Pitcher that beat LA in the Playoffs. He won CY Young in 2015, don't get what you are saying :dunno:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always watch Baseball when the WS I on. They don't  kneel and disrespect the flag for one thing and #2 it's the WS. I cat wait for this game.

I rarely if ever watch a full baseball game esp games that start after the new TV season. Remember I am a child of HS sports

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's the best Pitcher we have had the last 3 years and the only Pitcher that beat LA in the Playoffs. He won CY Young in 2015, don't get what you are saying :dunno:

Terrible ERA at points and lackluster performances at time. Not to mention if he is resigned the Cubs could be carrying dead money

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Terrible ERA at points and lackluster performances at time 

Being too picky IMO, all pitchers struggle at times. Kershaw has stunk in the Postseason for the most part and look at Kluber. Cleveland fans thought he was a God and not only did we beat him in Game 7, Yankees beat him as well.

Being too picky IMO, all pitchers struggle at times. Kershaw has stunk in the Postseason for the most part and look at Kluber. Cleveland fans thought he was a God and not only did we beat him in Game 7, Yankees beat him as well.

Postseason is a luxury

? not sure what you mean my friend by this.

I am a big Ken Dilger fan and struggled when he left Indy 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Terrible ERA at points and lackluster performances at time. Not to mention if he is resigned the Cubs could be carrying dead money

Jake must not be from IN or the Tri-State. :hide:

You are tough on some guys (Chapman, Jake), PT.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

If we don't re-sign Jake we are screwed IMO, he still has at least 3 years left in that arm.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Just stating facts about the reasons why he might not be resigned

If we don't re-sign Jake we are screwed IMO, he still has at least 3 years left in that arm.

The problem might be the contract he wants

It would be no problem with me, here Jake take 100 million

Not the money it is not a smart decision to give a guys who has 3 years left a 5+ year contract 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not the money it is not a smart decision to give a guys who has 3 years left a 5+ year contract 

We will have to see what Jake wants, I am not sold on the 5 year thing but for 3 years I would sign him to a huge deal.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will have to see what Jake wants, I am not sold on the 5 year thing but for 3 years I would sign him to a huge deal.

That is why I used the word “might”

• Like 1