Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Recommended Posts

Welp, had a feeling today wouldn't go the Cubs way. We'll get them tomorrow! GoCubsGo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Welp, had a feeling today wouldn't go the Cubs way. We'll get them tomorrow! GoCubsGo!

I did too but we need Game 2. If we get that we will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The home plate umpire is very inconsistent. Calling nothing on the edge, If Lester doesn't throw it right down the middle it's a ball......bunch of crap.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GOZER said:

The home plate umpire is very inconsistent. Calling nothing on the edge, If Lester doesn't throw it right down the middle it's a ball......bunch of crap.

I agree, now we have Edwards, scary. Kershaw was getting a lot of calls last night as well and Q wasn't when making the same pitches. Umps are odd sometimes.

 

Big Carl got out of it, WHEW WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 1-1 after 5

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to check the post office tomorrow and see if they posted missing bulletins for the Cubs bats, my God!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitting end......if the Cubs don't play like they want to win, then this will happen. Disgusting effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing but I do think they have the best team this season. We have to play perfect to beat them and we aren't playing well at all. That Washington series wore us out IMO. Why wasn't Wade in, in the 9th Inning? I would've rolled with Wade. Down 0-2 now, huge hole.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Fitting end......if the Cubs don't play like they want to win, then this will happen. Disgusting effort.

Yeah 3 hits, Bryant is really struggling too. I think we are just worn out, 3 straight NLCS and a WS. + playing a team that is loaded. I give the Dodgers credit, they are a great team and are due to win it all - they haven't been there in 30 years so they are hungry.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah 3 hits, Bryant is really struggling too. I think we are just worn out, 3 straight NLCS and a WS. + playing a team that is loaded. I give the Dodgers credit, they are a great team and are due to win it all - they haven't been there in 30 years so they are hungry.

Definitely a good team...but they also really made our pitchers work, whereas it seemed our guys were swinging at everything!!!!! I know this sounds dumb, but have they mentally checked out for the season? Happy with how far they've come after winning WS? Thinking about that extended vacation in Tahiti? I'm rolling with my Cubbies no matter what, just frustrates me to no end!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah 3 hits, Bryant is really struggling too. I think we are just worn out, 3 straight NLCS and a WS. + playing a team that is loaded. I give the Dodgers credit, they are a great team and are due to win it all - they haven't been there in 30 years so they are hungry.

I'm going with the Astros to win it all . Dodgers a re tuff though. Don't know what it is the Central seemed plagued all year . All teams that were in it had same problems through out the year. I look for the Cards to make some major moves with outfield glut to strengthen Pitching Staff. Also expect them to sign a big name bat. Carpenter expendable ? In my opinion yes in fact good riddance .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really puzzled by some of Maddens decisions.... why not put Wade in instead of Lackey? :scratch:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Really puzzled by some of Maddens decisions.... why not put Wade in instead of Lackey? :scratch:

Me too I would've put in Wade as well. I even said that before he put Lackey in. Was shocked on that move but usually when he gambles it works so I shouldn't question it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I'm going with the Astros to win it all . Dodgers a re tuff though. Don't know what it is the Central seemed plagued all year . All teams that were in it had same problems through out the year. I look for the Cards to make some major moves with outfield glut to strengthen Pitching Staff. Also expect them to sign a big name bat. Carpenter expendable ? In my opinion yes in fact good riddance .

If the Cubs do end up losing, they need BullPen help. Keep Wade but they need to try to find someone that can hold down the fort in Innings 6-8.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too I would've put in Wade as well. I even said that before he put Lackey in. Was shocked on that move but usually when he gambles it works so I shouldn't question it.

 Even had them both warming up.....  The announcer said he thought Lackey would go in to keep them from scoring  and Wade would go in if the Cubs scored to close the game. IDK, hate  to see Lackey go out like that but man that was awful.   He's a multiple champ either way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

 Even had them both warming up.....  The announcers said he thought like you were doing to keep them from scoring  and Wayne would go and if the  Cubs score to close the game. IDK, hate  to see you Lackey go out like that but man that was awful.

That is a game we needed, now we really need to win the next 2 to make this a series.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GOZER said:

 Even had them both warming up.....  The announcer said he thought Lackey would go in to keep them from scoring  and Wade would go in if the Cubs scored to close the game. IDK, hate  to see Lackey go out like that but man that was awful.   He's a multiple champ either way.

 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a game we needed, now we really need to win the next 2 to make this a series.

Ive been pretty disappointed in Lackey this year.  Ump didn't help anything with his keyhole strike zone, but it feels like he has given up a lot of hits/ runs lately.  I did not agree with the call at all, but then again I have never won a WS, lol.

 

We have three at home so things could change real fast for us.  Anxious for the next game now that the cobwebs are out.  Meaning, I think we were still stuck on that tight series with the Nats.

 

Will say LA looks polished

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

 

Ive been pretty disappointed in Lackey this year.  Ump didn't help anything with his keyhole strike zone, but it feels like he has given up a lot of hits/ runs lately.  I did not agree with the call at all, but then again I have never won a WS, lol.

 

We have three at home so things could change real fast for us.  Anxious for the next game now that the cobwebs are out.  Meaning, I think we were still stuck on that tight series with the Nats.

 

Will say LA looks polished

Home sweet home, yeah the umps gave LA a lot of help but we should've been able to overcome that. Lackey just blew it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright Cubbies, tonight we mount our comeback, LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!

 

GoCubsGo!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yankees with a four run 8th inning and win 6-4. Series now 2-2. Oh boy it's getting good

 

Thanks for the update. Who was the starting pitcher for Houston?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schwarber starts the scoring with a HR but the Dodgers hit 2, 2-1 Dodgers in the 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am no baseball expert, but I think the Dodgers are winning it all.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am no baseball expert, but I think the Dodgers are winning it all.

 

 

I agree 100%, the way they are handling the Cubs shows me a lot. I didn't think they would sweep us but they might, they are up 3-0. I think the Cubs are worn out due to being in 3 straight NLCS's and a WS but the Dodgers are like the Warriors this season, they are loaded and they are hungry. I think the Dodgers demolish whoever comes out of the AL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Agree. Best QB today is where it stops. He still has to earn his stripes over time. 49ers are like the early Patriots, with all the defensive talent stockpiled, and that is why they will win the SB.   Plus, this is definitely not against you but in general, I get the vibe that colored QBs are held to a different standard w.r.t the cerebral aspect of playing QB and their physical talents are somehow dismissed as not something future QBs should embrace completely for playing the QB position, and their faults aren't forgiven as easily as traditional QBs, IMO. I see it when people pounce on Lamar Jackson, Mahomes and Watson for being stereotyped as physical freaks for their running and athletic skills but not what they bring new to the table for the QB position. The same thing happened with Russell Wilson too when he played on a real good Seahawks team, till he won the SB and followed up with consistent QB play over these last few years, he still runs to pass but in some people's minds, he is a running QB. I get the same sense while discussing Jordan Love vs other QBs in the draft. It is a sub-conscious thing people aren't aware of or don't wish to acknowledge, IMO. @Jules, when she was still posting here, before the 2012 draft, she was the one I remember pointing out that it was an easier sell for a Midwest crowd to sell Andrew Luck over RG3 even if they had the same pros and cons but thankfully, she said, Luck had more pros and made it an easier choice. 
    • I was comparing Mahomes to Peyton w.r.t the fact that people are dogging on him for being popular in a twitter/FB era where everything is magnified. Peyton was in every "cut that meat' commercial, Sprint "rocket arm" commercial, for having done what?? Finishing with a bunch of one and dones even when he had good teams around him?? That is what I was getting at, people embracing the attention that Peyton got because he was ours but cannot objectively do the same for Mahomes when he gets the attention.    Mahomes has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce along with a bunch of speedsters who can run go routes with serviceable RBs while Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Edge by year 2, and went 1-and-done in Year 2, the first year he finished 13-3. Mahomes is changing the way the game is played out of the pocket where a foot of separation is just enough with his laser arm. Yes, it looks like backyard ball but the awareness to realize man coverage is disguised as zone coverage to use his legs and take off is still a significant after-the-snap read improvement he has shown along with the ability to take check downs from Year 1 to his RBs despite his arm that could get 50+ yards, something Peyton took a while to realize in playoff football. Peyton had several physical limitations he made up with his cerebral aspect, it doesn't mean Mahomes' physical talent advantage should be held against him as not being one of the ways the QB position can be played.    I feel both the Chiefs and Colts teams of Mahomes' era and Peyton's era so far are defensively deficient, with more weapons on the offensive side of the ball than defensive side of the ball with just enough guys to make plays on D. That is why, like the early Patriots, the 49ers will win the SB. Mahomes is still asked to do too much for that team.  
    • SF all the way. They have the DNA to win.
    • What we’ve seen is that when Mahomes gets flushed out to the side, he can still makes passes. Pressure up the middle though with containment, might rattle him.   Offensively, the chiefs were vulnerable to getting run on. Titans couldn’t keep it up though and their defense couldn’t slow them down to let the running continue.   Should be a great game.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...