Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Nationals win tonight. And what a dumb move by Maddon to go to Carl Edwards in the 8th. The guy had pitched 5 2/3 innings and given up 11 runs against the Nationals this season. Now it's 5 2/3 innings and 13 runs against the Nationals this season. Maddon screwed up game 7 of the World Series last year as well. He's lucky the Cubs won that game

IMG_0805.JPG

Just now, NorthernBlue said:

Congrats Cubs fans. You got a great team. As much as I like kershaw, you guys better beat him and win another ring.

* Nats. This one hurts. It really does. Oh well. I guess it's just not our time. 

Starting to think it never will be haha.

This was an amazing series, Great series my friend. You have a sensational team and it took everything we had, I mean everything. Not sure we can take LA. Man to beat a team with Murph and Harper and Stras is saying a lot

13 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Congrats Cubs fans. You got a great team. As much as I like kershaw, you guys better beat him and win another ring.

* Nats. This one hurts. It really does. Oh well. I guess it's just not our time. 

You are a class fan, thanks for chiming in and keeping things interesting!!!!! The Nats are a great team, they'll be a contender again next year!

4 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Your time will come. You still have a young and very talented team. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was a hell of a series, I am exhausted just watching it. They have a hell of team over there, they really do. Man was that scary, what a freakin series.

Congratulations!  :applause:  It should be another entertaining series coming up. Hopefully I will watch some of it. 

Enjoy the win!

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Congratulations!  :applause:  It should be another entertaining series coming up. Hopefully I will watch some of it. 

Enjoy the win!

Yeah they have a Very Good team, borderline Great team. That was a great win and I truly say that from the heart, they have a ton of talent. When Harper was up at the end I was sweating.

People are going to hate and say 108 years but if you look at our resume over the last 3 seasons, it looks like this:

2015 = 97-65, beat Pirates in the WildCard Game, beat the Cards in the NLDS, lost to the Mets in the NLCS but we made it that far.

2016 = 103-58, (Division Champs) beat MadBum's Giants in the NLDS, beat Kershaw's Dodgers in the NLCS, and beat the Indians in the World Series.

2017 = 92-70, (Division Champs) just beat a loaded Nats team who was favored in Vegas in the NLDS. So lets see what happens now vs the mighty Dodgers! Even we lose I would take that 3 year run anyday! We are defending well, that was a great win tonight.

-So far really over the last 3 years NFLfan Mets team is the only team that has had our number and that was only because of 1 player - Murphy lmao. We even took down Murphy tonight + Harper + Taylor.

On 10/3/2017 at 9:46 AM, GOZER said:

Man I miss reg season baseball already!!!! Can't wait for this series, should be a good one!!!! That being said......Cubs in 5......

IMG_0762.JPG

On 10/5/2017 at 1:23 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I say Cubs in 5, my other predictions are Indians in 5, RedSox in 5, and Dodgers in 4 but that could even go 5. I am late to the party but I had Yankees and DBacks winning so that was right anyway.

We both did Bro, look at us go!!!!

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

As most Cubs fans will tell you...been there felt that....but you are not far off for sure....you have some great starters there and some lethal bats...the post season is just so unforgiving.

I hate watching Cubs games...they can't just do anything the easy way. Got a couple breaks but you need that to win. Be nice to see us get a lead and then oh I don't know...throw strikes. Pitching will have to be a lot better out of our pen. Glad the bats woke up. One thing about the Cubs is usually the second time they see a pitcher they make good adjustments as they also do later in the game in their at bats. That said I hope they jump on Kershaw and the Dodgers early....make them question themselves by taking out their ace.

Schwarber for whatever reason opts out of jumping and trying to snag that HR, I know he prob doesn't want to risk re-injuring leg, but most other outfielders probably would have made an attempt IMO.

And now another hit....getting ugly.

I hate that rule about blocking home plate. That was a great play by Contreras and it was taken away because of the stupidest of rules. All because of Buster Posey getting injured that one year. Catchers could block the plate for over a century of baseball. It was a terrible rule change and it still is to this day

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I hate that rule about blocking home plate. That was a great play by Contreras and it was taken away because of the stupidest of rules. All because of Buster Posey getting injured that one year. Catchers could block the plate for over a century of baseball. It was a terrible rule change and it still is to this day

I agree but the Cubs got a lot of breaks vs the Nats on controversy calls so I cant complain. I figured the Cubs would lose tonight anyway, it's all good. Just have to get Game 2. That was an awesome play by Contreras but rules are rules. It will take a major comeback tonight, Cubs are known for it but I don't see it tonight. If the Cubs pull this off I will go jump in my moms creek in their back yard as I am there visiting lmao 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but the Cubs got a lot of breaks vs the Nats on controversy calls so I cant complain. I figured the Cubs would lose tonight anyway, it's all good. Just have to get Game 2. That was an awesome play by Contreras but rules are rules. It will take a major comeback tonight, Cubs are known for it but I don't see it tonight. If the Cubs pull this off I will go jump in my moms creek in their back yard as I am there visiting lmao 

Oh believe me I know the Cubs get controversial calls that go their way haha. I'm not mad since it's the Cubs though. But it's a terrible rule. I'd say that if it happened to any team in MLB

Archived