Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stras is actually Pitching, so far it's Umps 1 Cubs 0. That was a terrible call on that check swing. It allowed the Nats to get a run.

It's one thing to lose fair and square but just because some want a Game 5 doesn't make it right. It should be 0-0 and every run is important when you are facing Stras.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stras is actually Pitching, so far it's Umps 1 Cubs 0. That was a terrible call on that check swing. It allowed the Nats to get a run.

Saw that.... this is one of those i don't think I will watch .... that ticks me to no end.  Especially at home

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Ernie Johnson, he is great doing Basketball with Chuck and Kenny but he seems to love the Nats. Anytime they do anything good he gets excited. He wont shut up about how great Stras is either. Anyways it is still 1-0 and Cubs now up in the Bottom of 4th.

Plenty of time yet.... fingers crossed.  Sure would like to close it out today.  I have to admit the Cubs have turned it up a notch in the post season so far.. it seems like it at least

Just now, BR-549 said:

Plenty of time yet.... fingers crossed.  Sure would like to close it out today.  I have to admit the Cubs have turned it up a notch in the post season so far.. it seems like it at least

If it goes 5 I think we can still win but that game will be 50/50. I actually predicted before the series it would go 5 but hoping we could end it in 4. We will see as so far it is still 1-0 Nats Top of 5

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If it goes 5 I think we can still win but that game will be 50/50. I actually predicted before the series it would go 5 but hoping we could end it in 4. We will see as so far it is still 1-0 Nats Top of 5

Well, Nats was one team I didn't want to face.  They were pretty darn good this year..... I am surprised we are up on them really.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake gets pulled for Lester. Jake pitched a solid 4 Innings, no earned runs. Not sure I agree with this.

uhhhhh ..... well we have to believe in the coach, but that seems like a Pagano move to me, lol.

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Well, Nats was one team I didn't want to face.  They were pretty darn good this year..... I am surprised we are up on them really.

uhhhhh ..... well we have to believe in the coach, but that seems like a Pagano move to me, lol.

Yeah I don't mind the move but I think Jake could've went 1 more Inning at least. Oh well, Maddon does this stuff all the time. Going into this series Nats were favored so it wouldn't even be considered a choke if we did somehow lose in 5. They have a loaded lineup with great Pitching.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I don't mind the move but I think Jake could've went 1 more Inning at least. Oh well, Maddon does this stuff all the time. Going into this series Nats were favored so it wouldn't even be considered a choke if did somehow lose in 5. They have a loaded lineup with great Pitching.

Yes they do...

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Last minute change

Everything will be alright

Game over, Taylor just hit a Grandslam off of Davis. Opposite field HR with the wind blowing in lmao Wasn't our day. Got to get em in Game 5. The dreaded 8th Inning bites us again. What is it about the 8th Inning? I had a bad feeling about this when we didn't get the call on Jake's strike out and they went up 1-0. Then Taylor of all people puts it out of reach. See ya tomorrow folks.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game over, Taylor just hit a Grandslam off of Davis. Opposite field HR with the wind blowing in lmao Wasn't our day. Got to get em in Game 5. The dreaded 8th Inning bites us again. What is it about the 8th Inning? I had a bad feeling about this when we didn't get the call on Jake's strike out and they went up 1-0. Then Taylor of all people puts it out of reach. See ya tomorrow folks.

Well that didn't work out..... better luck next go.  I still think we win

18 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

HOOOOLY What a series it's been so far. Y'all ready for game 5?

Because I'm not haha. I'd like at least another day to enjoy that game 4 win but oh well.

Cubs are class. It's gonna be a classic tomorrow.

Go Nats!

Yeah it has been a really great series, good luck tomorrow night. You guys have had a solid team for years so if you advance it wont bother me too much. I just don't want the Cubs season to end. We got ours last season and had one of the best seasons ever so I cant complain.

Chap! Wade Davis is no Chap no matter how one wants to slice it. We should've re-signed him and I have said that from day 1. He is the best closer since Rivera easily. 69 years now Indians fans. Everyone had them penciled in to go to the WS and even win it and they lose in the ALDS.

Heart breaker especially considering they were up 2-0. What a crappy end to their season.

Yankees have surprised a lot of people but I think the AL is the Astros to lose right now. 

Nationals win tonight. And what a dumb move by Maddon to go to Carl Edwards in the 8th. The guy had pitched 5 2/3 innings and given up 11 runs against the Nationals this season. Now it's 5 2/3 innings and 13 runs against the Nationals this season. Maddon screwed up game 7 of the World Series last year as well. He's lucky the Cubs won that game

49 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well will miss this one off to work good luck . I'm going Dodgers and Astros from what I see but who knows.

I am off work tonight and go in late tomorrow, of course I cant miss this. I probably would've took a vaca day for this. This is for all the marbles. I love Hendricks and I think Bryant and Rizzo will have great games, they rarely play badly 2 games in a row. I don't trust our BullPen and that is the one reason why I am nervous.

3 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Nationals win tonight. And what a dumb move by Maddon to go to Carl Edwards in the 8th. The guy had pitched 5 2/3 innings and given up 11 runs against the Nationals this season. Now it's 5 2/3 innings and 13 runs against the Nationals this season. Maddon screwed up game 7 of the World Series last year as well. He's lucky the Cubs won that game

We did win the WS and that is all that matters and actually had one of the best seasons in MLB history. Going 103-58 and then taking out the Dodgers in 6 and winning Game 6 and Game 7 in Cleveland to win it all. Cleveland had some injuries last season but Kluber was unhittable last season, so was Miller. People jump on Maddon for last year but he had no choice to use Chap a lot because he couldn't trust anyone else. As you can see guys like Edwards and Montgomery are really shaky.

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We did win the WS and that is all that matters and actually had one of the best seasons in MLB history. Going 103-58 and then taking out the Dodgers in 6 and winning Game 6 and Game 7 in Cleveland to win it all. Cleveland had some injuries last season but Kluber was unhittable last season, so was Miller. People jump on Maddon for last year but he had no choice to use Chap a lot because he couldn't trust anyone else. As you can see guys like Edwards and Montgomery are really shaky.

I'm saying the Cubs won in spite of the manager. That was one of the worst managed games I've ever seen

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Today is the day....  Do it tonight or go home and think about it until next spring ....  -omg-

Go Cubs!!!!!

Yep. We will see what we are made of tonight. I think all the pressure is on them because they have never got past this Round and we just won the WS. We just need to play our game and play loose. Most people think they should win as well because they were favored by Vegas and are at home.

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm saying the Cubs won in spite of the manager. That was one of the worst managed games I've ever seen

Chap was just over used, had Chap not given up that 2 HR nobody would've complained about his management. That HR was a fluke as well but it happens in Baseball. Chap was tired but Maddon didn't trust anyone else that was the problem. Had he brought Edwards or Montgomery earlier I think Indians win, Chap got the Cubs out of the 9th Inning.

Yep. We will see what we are made of tonight. I think all the pressure is on them because they have never got past this Round and we just won the WS. We just need to play our game and play loose. Most people think they should win as well because they were favored by Vegas and are at home.

I figured the rainout would end up taking HFA away from us.  We struggled with them this season, lets hope our players come to play and prove Vegas wrong.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chap was just over used, had Chap not given up that 2 HR nobody would've complained about his management. That HR was a fluke as well but it happens in Baseball. Chap was tired but Maddon didn't trust anyone else that was the problem. Had he brought Edwards or Montgomery earlier I think Indians win, Chap got the Cubs out of the 9th Inning.

It was poorly managed. That's all there is to it

Archived