Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I think he was safe at first, but I'll take it, make up for the crap calls earlier.

Glad we got the win.  That game got me into a furry... some pretty bad umpire calls and then the whole HBP issue.  I don't know Happ's personality, but I commend him for not charging the mound (not sure I could have held back myself).  It looked to me like he wanted to work things out, but talked himself down.  

Ump was a clown show to me.  No reason to eject Bryant.

I was particularly unimpressed with the commentators.  Never heard one say they would like for the batter to line drive a ball right at the pitcher as a response to hitting batters.  A lot of unprofessionalism in my opinion.

Who is pitching tomorrow night do you know?  Two more against these guys.  Hope we can put them away.

BOTOM LINE:

CUBS WIN!!!!!!

I would have had a hard time not rushing the mound either if someone purposely beaned me!!!! Definitely commend Happ for the way he handled it, then for rubbing it in with a stolen base, lol!

That Sox commentator will catch a lot of heat for what he said, wouldn't even be surprised if he heard a "he gone."

I believe it'll be Arrietta pitching.

16 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Glad we got the win.  That game got me into a furry... some pretty bad umpire calls and then the whole HBP issue.  I don't know Happ's personality, but I commend him for not charging the mound (not sure I could have held back myself).  It looked to me like he wanted to work things out, but talked himself down.  

Ump was a clown show to me.  No reason to eject Bryant.

I was particularly unimpressed with the commentators.  Never heard one say they would like for the batter to line drive a ball right at the pitcher as a response to hitting batters.  A lot of unprofessionalism in my opinion.

Who is pitching tomorrow night do you know?  Two more against these guys.  Hope we can put them away.

BOTOM LINE:

CUBS WIN!!!!!!

Oh and....

IMG_0126.JPG

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

I would have had a hard time not rushing the mound either if someone purposely beaned me!!!! Definitely commend Happ for the way he handled it, then for rubbing it in with a stolen base, lol!

That Sox commentator will catch a lot of heat for what he said, wouldn't even be surprised if he heard a "he gone."

I believe it'll be Arrietta pitching.

Oh and....

IMG_0126.JPG

Double like on that post.

Yeah that dude was saying some things that made me wonder if he knew he was live, lol.  Wy do they use a Sox guy when it is at Wrigley?  Network?

No poop (I hate that word, but you know what I mean), the first pitch was the same pitch and Happ was able to avoid it.  Next pitch boom right in the hammy.... the stolen base was hilarious- loved it

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Yup it'll be Arrietta vs Shields.

I believe it was a network broadcast thing, the game I watched on CSN was announced by Cubs broadcasters. 

Oh okay... I was on MLB on Direct TV... hmm scoundrels !

15 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I have not forgot Diaz , I believe he still really holds a lot of value and may be traded , either now or in winter . Hes still very young

I didn't mean that literally.   Just that last years rookie season and all star appearance had Cards fans pretty excited about our SS of the future.  

23 hours ago, Myles said:

I didn't mean that literally.   Just that last years rookie season and all star appearance had Cards fans pretty excited about our SS of the future.  

They have another really good shortstop besides Diaz down there as well.

Trade deadline is approaching. I am looking forward to the Mets parting with some of their older players. I hope to keep Seth Lugo but I hear that some teams have inquired about him. I have come to like Jay Bruce a lot but without a contract beyond this year, I would like to get something for him. I hear the Rockies are interested.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Trade deadline is approaching. I am looking forward to the Mets parting with some of their older players. I hope to keep Seth Lugo but I hear that some teams have inquired about him. I have come to like Jay Bruce a lot but without a contract beyond this year, I would like to get something for him. I hear the Rockies are interested.

Seth Lugo would look nice in a Cubs uniform.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you like the Nats chances to win the WS this season. I think they, Dodgers, and Cubs all look strong heading into August in the NL.

Obviously, it depends on health. We need Stras to be 100 percent as we head to the playoffs. I'm confident we would have beaten LA last year if he was there (although the Nats had a ton of chances to close out that series without him).

Hopefully Turner and Werth come back 100 percent too. Your Cubs are killin it right now, as have the Dodge all season. Although I wonder, with LA and the Nats having such huge leads in their respective divisions, and the Cubs currently duking it out with the slipping Brewers, how much of a factor rest will play as we head deep into September and into October.  

Good luck the rest of the year. A Nats Cubs series would be real fun to watch. Although based off today, I kinda hope we play the Brewers instead haha

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Obviously, it depends on health. We need Stras to be 100 percent as we head to the playoffs. I'm confident we would have beaten LA last year if he was there (although the Nats had a ton of chances to close out that series without him).

Hopefully Turner and Werth come back 100 percent too. Your Cubs are killin it right now, as have the Dodge all season. Although I wonder, with LA and the Nats having such huge leads in their respective divisions, and the Cubs currently duking it out with the slipping Brewers, how much of a factor rest will play as we head deep into September and into October.  

Good luck the rest of the year. A Nats Cubs series would be real fun to watch. Although based off today, I kinda hope we play the Brewers instead haha

Nats set all kind of records today lmao. Thanks for the help. In reality I think it's up for grabs between those 3 teams. The Cards IMO could be the one dangerous team nobody is looking at, their lineup is solid.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nats set all kind of records today lmao. Thanks for the help. In reality I think it's up for grabs between those 3 teams. The Cards IMO could be the one dangerous team nobody is looking at, their lineup is solid.

The NL Central is still very close. Take it in, the last place team in the central is less games behind first place than the second place team in the NL east (and the same amount as the second place team in the west). 

Two huge series for the Brewers, as after they play you guys, they get St Louis  in a 3 game home stretch. If they don't get it together, things could go south for them pretty fast (if it hasn't already).

NL Central seems to be the division to watch right now. Very exciting stuff. Heck even Pittsburgh ain't out of it. They got a very light portion of their schedule coming up. 12 games all against teams 10 games below .500

11 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

The NL Central is still very close. Take it in, the last place team in the central is less games behind first place than the second place team in the NL east (and the same amount as the second place team in the west). 

Two huge series for the Brewers, as after they play you guys, they get St Louis  in a 3 game home stretch. If they don't get it together, things could go south for them pretty fast (if it hasn't already).

NL Central seems to be the division to watch right now. Very exciting stuff. Heck even Pittsburgh ain't out of it. They got a very light portion of their schedule coming up. 12 games all against teams 10 games below .500

Nats and Dodgers both look like they are from a different planet but my Cubs are the Champs until someone knocks them off. Kyle S just hit a 2 run HR, 3-1 Cubs now.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pile on Harvey as usual, just joking. I love joking with you about Harvey. Rizzo just HR'd, tie game 1-1. Cubs needed that. Who would you want for Harvey? I like Harvey :violin:

Contreras. haha  Or do you have some speedy prospects who play good defense?

Archived