Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards won but he hates the Cubs haha. After tonight Cubs may only be 3.5 back. That isn't bad at all.

Aren't the Cards not too far back? He should be rooting against the Brewers.

I heard this Mets fan say that he took more pleasure in Yankees losing than Mets winning. IMO, that is not a Mets fan. He is just a Yankees hater.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Aren't the Cards not too far back? He should be rooting against the Brewers.

I heard this Mets fan say that he took more pleasure in Yankees losing than Mets winning. IMO, that is not a Mets fan. He is just a Yankees hater.

Myles has Posted that he thinks the Cards are out of it or something like that, so the next best thing for him would be the Cubs lose/Brewers win now. If I am wrong he will correct me but I think that is the deal.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Myles has Posted that he thinks the Cards are out of it or something like that, so the next best thing for him would be the Cubs lose/Brewers win now. If I am wrong he will correct me but I think that is the deal.

Ah. Got it. haha 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't hate any team that plays the game right

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am sure deepdown Jay wants the Cubs to lose but he is respectful about it and doesn't show hate. I mean he's a Cards fan so I understand it. Cards cant win the Division if the Cubs win all the time.

Jay doesn't hate. He actually roots for the Cubs and Reds. I guess it is like how you liked the Mets when they were in the same division as the Cubs.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I know, Cubs are now up 3-1.

Looks like things are looking up for the Cubs and Cards. 

I am going to leave y'all. Have a good night. Be good. Sleep well. Get home safe some of you. See you tomorrow.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I am going to leave y'all. Have a good night. Be good. Sleep well. Get home safe some of you. See you tomorrow.

Yeah with the BrewCrew losing it is sweet. I hope the Cubs can close this out and Cards won so they gained a game.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I know, Cubs are now up 3-1.

I do not care for the Brewers but don't  hate them other than that any Central team I will support in playoffs. Glad the Cubs won last year but also hated Indians lose after that series. That's what the Games all about , just like the Cards Rangers Series . It was good for the game .

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Good night , have a great tomorrow

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I do not care for the Brewers but don't  hate them other than that any Central team I will support in playoffs. Glad the Cubs won last year but also hated Indians lose after that series. That's what the Games all about , just like the Cards Rangers Series . It was good for the game .

Yeah that Cards/Rangers series was a classic. It really didn't even bother me that the Cards won because I have some friends that love the Cards and I could care less about the Rangers. Last year's WS had everything, 2 teams that had a knack for choking but I wanted the curses and jinxes to end so bad so I went in hate mode toward the Indians. LeBron was even there flexing in Game 7 so I went in more hate mode lmao. Now that the Cubs won, I am at peace. If the Indians won this season I would be ok with it now.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

I absolutely love well played World Series that keeps you on the edge of your seat those are the ones I remember most. The Cards have been on both ends of those type and I take it and live with it either way.

I agree, last years nearly gave me a heart attack, ulcers, etc.. I thought it was over down 3-1.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am a lot more at peace this season. I want another Championship but if it doesn't happen I wont be upset. Last season was just a must win situation IMO.

In all honesty this year if either of our teams win it , it wont be expected , the good news both teams have solid cores of good young players they will both be around for a decade IMO.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

In all honesty this year if either of our teams win it , it wont be expected , the good news both teams have solid cores of good young players they will both be around for a decade IMO.

Yep, that's all we can ask for. As bad as this has seemed for the Cubs, they are still over .500 and in the Playoff race. After winning 103 games I guess it looks bad but it's unrealistic to do that every year.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, that's all we can ask for. As bad as this has seemed for the Cubs, they are still over .500 and in the Playoff race. After 103 games I guess it looks bad but it's unrealistic to do that every year.

Exactly 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. You must not be a Cards fan. 

Btw, in NYC, Mets up 1-0 over the Cards, top 6th. 

I am a Cards fan, but I think the Cubs will go on a tear and the slim lead the Brew Crew has is the only hope in stopping the Cubs from a playoff spot.   The Cardinals will hover around .500 all season.  I think they have lots of guys with potential, but not enough playing time for them.  Wong, Diaz, Gyorko, Grichuck, Piscotty, Pham, Garcia, DeJong, Martinez, Voit, Sierra and others.   Between the DL and slumps, I'm not sure the team will be able to settle on a consistent line up.  

I'm hoping they can put a streak together and get back into the running, but if they do, it won't be the Brewers they'll need to catch.  

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't have the same hate for the Cards, why I have no idea because most Cubs fans hate the Cards. Obviously I hope they lose, I would be an * not to want that because it helps the Cubs out but I respect their franchise going back to the 80's.

I don't "hate" the Cubs, I just don't want to see them win it again.   :excited:

9 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I will typically root for the NL in the series.   The exception being if the AL team is a team that never makes it (KC).   I also don't like to see SF win.   If the Cards don't make it, I'll be rooting for the Brewers or Nationals.  

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I am a Cards fan, but I think the Cubs will go on a tear and the slim lead the Brew Crew has is the only hope in stopping the Cubs from a playoff spot.   The Cardinals will hover around .500 all season.  I think they have lots of guys with potential, but not enough playing time for them.  Wong, Diaz, Gyorko, Grichuck, Piscotty, Pham, Garcia, DeJong, Martinez, Voit, Sierra and others.   Between the DL and slumps, I'm not sure the team will be able to settle on a consistent line up.  

I'm hoping they can put a streak together and get back into the running, but if they do, it won't be the Brewers they'll need to catch.  

So, do you want the Cards to be sellers? If so, who are you willing to part with?

Players that I believe the Mets might trade:

#1 Addison Reed RHP, ERA: 2.47 --

Set up guy who can close. I hear that many teams are asking about Reed. He has the most value of all the Mets players. I would hate to lose him but we are not going anywhere this year.

#2 Lucas Duda, 1B

I hear the Yankees need a first baseman and may trade for him. :thinking: The Mets and Yankees have not traded with each other since 2004. But it sounds like it may happen.

#3 Asdrubal Cabrera, SS/2B

#4 Jerry Blevins, LHP, ERA: 3.34. I would hate to trade him too but he can bring us back a good prospect. Cubs fans, need a LH reliever??

#5  Jay Bruce, RF has had a good year. He looks completely different this year than he did when the Mets first got him from the Reds. He seems confident and comfortable in NY. I see now why Reds fans liked him so much. The Mets are likely to re-sign him, but if we can get some good prospects, I would not mind doing the trade.

Let's make a deal  :shake:

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are now only 3.5 back at 47-45. 4 straight wins. Brewers are at 52-43. Cubs only have 2 more losses than the Brewers. The loss column is huge.

Yes and guess what the Cards and Cubs are well within striking distance for the last Wild Card spot . Unbelievable

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

So, do you want the Cards to be sellers? If so, who are you willing to part with?

Lol doesn't matter they already have stated they are not sellers. This team is very capable of going on the tear Myles thinks the Cubs will.Dont get me wrong I'm not slighting the Cubs they are fully capable and so are the Cards its just a matter of doing it.I know the Cards had 1 streak where they had won 11 of 15.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Players that I believe the Mets might trade:

#1 Addison Reed RHP, ERA: 2.47 --

Set up guy who can close. I hear that many teams are asking about Reed. He has the most value of all the Mets players. I would hate to lose him but we are not going anywhere this year.

#2 Lucas Duda, 1B

I hear the Yankees need a first baseman and may trade for him. :thinking: The Mets and Yankees have not traded with each other since 2004. But it sounds like it may happen.

#3 Asdrubal Cabrera, SS/2B

#4 Jerry Blevins, LHP, ERA: 3.34. I would hate to trade him too but he can bring us back a good prospect. Cubs fans, need a LH reliever??

#5  Jay Bruce, RF has had a good year. He looks completely different this year than he did when the Mets first got him from the Reds. He seems confident and comfortable in NY. I see now why Reds fans liked him so much. The Mets are likely to re-sign him, but if we can get some good prospects, I would not mind doing the trade.

Let's make a deal  :shake:

Cards may be interested in Reed , we shall see.Zack Duke will be back in a week or so , really looking good in long rehab stint , so probably no interest in Blevins.

11 hours ago, Myles said:

I will typically root for the NL in the series.   The exception being if the AL team is a team that never makes it (KC).   I also don't like to see SF win.   If the Cards don't make it, I'll be rooting for the Brewers or Nationals.  

I doubt I root for Brewers and really don't think I will have to worry about it, they will still slide back in my opinion. The talent on the Cards I respectfully disagree with you , position wise they have plenty and have been scoring plenty. The real thing they must shore up is no different from the Cubs , the bullpen if either club does this and makes it , they could cause problems in the post season regardless of who they are playing. I have been following this game for I believe 53 years , I might have learned a thing or 2 about talent in that time. The Cards are also loaded with outfielders , if need be they can part with Gricheck or Piscotty for pitching and not hurt themselves a bit , we can even include Diaz as well. Dejong is for real , already seen him make adjustments at plate and can hit the breaking ball as well. He is your short stop , all the people tied in with the Cards say the same.

Archived