Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cool, yeah I have Cards/Nats, still 1-0 Cards in the 6th.

I have not seen the Astros at all. Yankees prospect Clint Frazier is making his debut. He just got his first ML hit, a double.

20 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The most I'll do in a shift is 10 hours. 12 would just be too much for me

Man I have done so many 12's in my lifetime I have lost count. I am getting too old for that stuff but still do it, I did one today and still up watching this Cards game with a beer in hand.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man I have done so many 12's in my lifetime I have lost count. I am getting too old for that stuff but still do it, I did one today and still up watching this Cards game with a beer in hand.

I've always got the beer in hand. I plan on going hard Monday and Tuesday haha

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been doing it for 13 years

It's so tough to win a WS. I look at teams like the Nats and Dodgers have had over the last 5 years, I mean loaded teams and they always come up short. Glad the Cubs finally won last year, at least I can say they won 1 in this era. Until a team wins it in a certain era, it may never happen. I also believe the Indians are jinxed, I will believe it when I see it when they win 1.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Is it crazy to anyone else that the AL West is the only division on lockdown? Even the NL East isn't a given

A lot of parity. I didn't think the Cubs would be .500 through 82 games which they will be here shortly but being only 2.5 games back in the Division isn't bad at all with a long way to go. I am glad the Cubs aren't in the NL West or AL West LOL. They would be in trouble. This is a masterpiece by Jake today so far through 7 Innings, a 1 Hitter. Still 5-0 Cubs. Fun day today to watch them for a change.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of parity. I didn't think the Cubs would be .500 through 82 games which they will be here shortly but being only 2.5 games back in the Division isn't bad at all with a long way to go. I am glad the Cubs aren't in the NL West or AL West LOL. They would be in trouble. This is a masterpiece by Jake today so far through 7 Innings, a 1 Hitter. Still 5-0 Cubs. Fun day today to watch them for a change.

Yeah the NL West is the best division this year. That division could have three teams in the postseason

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah the NL West is the best division this year. That division could have three teams in the postseason

I agree. In order for the Cubs to get in they need to overtake the Brew Crew and hold off the Cards in the end. No Wildcard team is coming from the Cubs Division IMO. Same for the NL East, I think the Nats will win that and be the only team in. I am looking at the Dodgers winning the West with the D-Backs and Rockies being WildCards. Still a long way to go though.

So far the Marlins doing the Cubs a solid. Up 4-2 on the Brew Crew in the 5th. If that holds, Cubs would only be 2 games out of 1st in the Central assuming the Cubs do win this. Cubs are up 6-2 in the 9th. July Baseball, when Baseball starts to heat up a bit - this is when even the casual fan starts watching a little. 2nd half of the season now, time for teams to start playing consistently.

As of July 2nd the NL Central standings look like this:

1. Brewers 44-40

2. Cubs 41-41 (2)

3. Cards 39-41 (3) They have a game tonight vs the Nats

4. Pirates 37-45 (6)

5. Reds 35-46 (7.5)

Great day today, Cubs win, Brewers lose. Only 2 back now. Gonna cookout now and put some Bratwurst on the grill and drink some beers. Definitely going to watch Nats at Cards later tonight.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, fly the flag Gozer. Back to .500 at 41-41.

Sorry, caught the first six innings then took a lil siesta, long night at work last night! Did fall sleep smiling though thanks to the Cubs!

IMG_0126.JPG

Archived