Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs up 1-0 top of the third after a Rizzo lead off homer in the first!!!!!

A lot of talk about the Padres seeking retaliation tonight against Rizzo after yesterday's collision. What a bunch of crap! Guaranteed to be a benchs clearing brawl if that happens.

The whacky NL Central, Standings as of June 20th:

1. Brewers 38-35

2. Cubs 36-34 (.5 back)

3. Pirates 33-38 (4 back) .465%

4. Cards 32-37 (4 back) .464%

5. Reds 30-40 (6.5 back)

-Reds are starting to really lose now, Brewers are losing a few too. Cubs starting to look better, Rizzo batting leadoff is another great move by Maddon and an unpredictable move - but he is unpredictable! Cards and Pirates are pretty much dead even but I think the Cards will take off and get hot as the season goes on.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The whacky NL Central, Standings as of June 20th:

1. Brewers 38-35

2. Cubs 36-34 (.5 back)

3. Pirates 33-38 (4 back) .465%

4. Cards 32-37 (4 back) .464%

5. Reds 30-40 (6.5 back)

-Reds are starting to really lose now, Brewers are losing a few too. Cubs starting to look better, Rizzo batting leadoff is another great move by Maddon and an unpredictable move - but he is unpredictable! Cards and Pirates are pretty much dead even but I think the Cards will take off and get hot as the season goes on.

If the Cards put hitting and Pitching together at same time , they will. Guess what I'm not going to count the Pirates out.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just enjoy my days my off, I am getting old so the hangovers suck but it's good to let loose now and then. Tonight seemed like a good to do so. During Football season I usually choose Sunday's to do so.

I always drink on Sunday's during football season. Drink all day starting at 1 lol. College football Saturday's too haha

That worked out perfectly, got home from work in time to watch the Cubs win and Brewers lose. What a long day, doing it again tomorrow so about to go to bed. Going in at 5am and not getting off work until 6pm is no fun. Anyway as of now Cubs are 38-36, Brewers 40-37 so the Cubs are once again .5 back out of 1st place in the NL Central. Cubs need to win tomorrow and keep it going to get some consistency. The Marlins are decent but a team that the Cubs should beat 3 out of 4. After this series the Cubs play at Washington for 4 games, I fully expect to come out of there 2-2 if we are indeed getting it together.

On 6/23/2017 at 9:41 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Seen Schwarber was sent down today

Been offline quite a bit working lately... I saw that on Fox Sports One the other day.  So school me a little.  Can they bring him back yet this year if his avg improves, or any improvement?  

I am not that familiar with how the farm systems and movement back and forth works.  He went to triple A didn't he?

9 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Been offline quite a bit working lately... I saw that on Fox Sports One the other day.  So school me a little.  Can they bring him back yet this year if his avg improves, or any improvement?  

I am not that familiar with how the farm systems and movement back and forth works.  He went to triple A didn't he?

Yes, they can bring him back. The Mets have had players that have been called up and sent back several times this year.

The Mets won all three games against the Giants this past weekend. They started their West Coast trip getting swept in 4 games against the Dodgers and looking bad in all four. The Dodgers look almost unbeatable. They swept a really good Rockies team this weekend and have won 10 in a row. 

The Dodgers and the Astros are the best teams in baseball heading into July. Let's see if that continues. Baseball has a very long season and anything can happen.

In the NL Central, no one is running away with anything. The Cubs and the Cards have more than ample time to return to their winning ways and capture the division. Good luck.

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets won all three games against the Giants this past weekend. They started their West Coast trip getting swept in 4 games against the Dodgers and looking bad in all four. The Dodgers look almost unbeatable. They swept a really good Rockies team this weekend and have won 10 in a row. 

The Dodgers and the Astros are the best teams in baseball heading into July. Let's see if that continues. Baseball has a very long season and anything can happen.

In the NL Central, no one is running away with anything. The Cubs and the Cards have more than ample time to return to their winning ways and capture the division. Good luck.

As of now the Cubs are very inconsistent and it's hard to pinpoint the exact problem because one day it's Pitching, then one day it's Hitting. Every time they get within a half game of 1st they lose and the Brewers win, this has been going on all month.

July will be a telling a month for me regarding a lot of teams. July is always an important month anyway because that is basically the beginning of the last half of the season. That is really when Baseball starts getting fun to follow. As of now as we are getting close to July, it looks the Dodgers and Astros are so much better than everyone else. They look like the Cubs/Indians from last season. Can you guys believe the Giants are 27-50?? I know MadBum has been out but they stink! Their fans have to be very disappointed at the lost season. Imagine how the Indians feel right now as well, they will probably win their Division but after losing in 7 games with HFA in the WS, it's WS or bust with them. Looking at it right now, I don't think they stand a chance against the Astros. Being a Cubs fan and the way we are playing right now, I think the Dodgers would beat us in a series and probably soundly like 4-1 or so unless something changes over the next month or 2.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, BR-549 said:

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, they can bring him back. The Mets have had players that have been called up and sent back several times this year.

To my knowledge there is no set amount of times they can do it . If I'm correct hes still under Rookie status. Some one correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived