Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The MLB draft is this coming week. I was reading about a pitcher who is considered among the top 50 prospects. He is a top pitcher in the draft and plays with Oregon State. It was reported this week that he is registered as a sex offender for molesting a 6-year-old relative when the pitcher was 15.

Do you think he will be drafted? What are your thoughts?

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/why_we_published_the_story_abo.html

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I know nobody is here right now but......Judge just hit one over the bleachers. First one over the bleachers. They say it was at least 500 feet.

btw, Castro hits another 2 run HR & has 4 hits today. It's 10-3 Yanks in the 6th. They have 4 players with at least 40 RBIs.

I seen it, that was a blast to the moon!

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The MLB draft is this coming week. I was reading about a pitcher who is considered among the top 50 prospects. He is a top pitcher in the draft and plays with Oregon State. It was reported this week that he is registered as a sex offender for molesting a 6-year-old relative when the pitcher was 15.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/06/why_we_published_the_story_abo.html

Just read the story from your link. Some team will probably draft him but I'm not sure they should. This will follow him where ever he goes. I don't want to pass judgement & not knowing the details it's impossible to do so. His admission of guilt takes away any doubt that it actually happened. Sad that both parties will have to live with this situation for the rest of their lives.

15 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Just read the story from your link. Some team will probably draft him but I'm not sure they should. This will follow him where ever he goes. I don't want to pass judgement & not knowing the details it's impossible to do so. His admission of guilt takes away any doubt that it actually happened. Sad that both parties will have to live with this situation for the rest of their lives.

I too believe a team will draft him but not as early in the draft as he would have been if the news had not been reported. It sounds like he is a dominant pitcher; so, some team will take him.

Brewers lost, Cubs now 1 game back in the NL Central with their win today. Glad to see us finally show the Rockies who's boss. Rockies have been embarrassing teams all season.

Brewers 33-31

Cubs 31-31

-Cubs have the Mets coming up starting tomorrow. I want to see more consistency from the damn Pitching in that series.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Looks like the Cubs will take this guy off their draft boards.

Quote:

"One American League general manager told Yahoo Sports his team “won’t go anywhere near” Heimlich following the report. Two other teams echoed those sentiments to Yahoo Sports, and Chicago Cubs GM Jed Hoyer told radio station 670-AM in Chicago that Heimlich “will be off our board, I think.” While another GM conceded his team was unlikely to fully remove Heimlich from its pool of potential picks, he said, “I can’t see us taking him.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/teams-remove-oregon-states-luke-heimlich-draft-boards-revelation-molestation-conviction-053735459.html

More here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/06/09/jed-hoyer-luke-heimlich-will-be-off-cubs-draft-board-following-child-molestation-revelation/

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Looks like the Cubs will take this guy off their draft boards.

Quote:

"One American League general manager told Yahoo Sports his team “won’t go anywhere near” Heimlich following the report. Two other teams echoed those sentiments to Yahoo Sports, and Chicago Cubs GM Jed Hoyer told radio station 670-AM in Chicago that Heimlich “will be off our board, I think.” While another GM conceded his team was unlikely to fully remove Heimlich from its pool of potential picks, he said, “I can’t see us taking him.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/teams-remove-oregon-states-luke-heimlich-draft-boards-revelation-molestation-conviction-053735459.html

More here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/06/09/jed-hoyer-luke-heimlich-will-be-off-cubs-draft-board-following-child-molestation-revelation/

Good....I wouldn't want him on my team, or any team, sorry not sorry.

25 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Good....I wouldn't want him on my team, or any team, sorry not sorry.

Earlier I wondered if he gets drafted at all. His victim was 4 and 6 years old when it happened. SMH. I like to give people second chances but this is hard to explain to fans. 

Do you think he will be drafted? I think he will. He could also go pitch for Japan or another baseball league.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Cards win 2 of 3 - that would help the Cubs and not hurt them. Nothing dominant as Cards still lose 1 and that kind of would put the Brewers in their overachieving place. It is a 3 game series right?

I cant see it being less

On June 8, 2017 at 8:51 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Finally, something SW1 can comment on. This classic routine never gets old. "1 base at a time...Left fielder's name. Why. Because I wanna know...What base do you wanna take about?" Straight comedians are the foundation of timeless routines like this. 

Thanks Jay. "Naturally who gets it" indeed. Still hilarious after all these yrs. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2-2 would be fine with me then, if Cards won 3-1 though, I would be ok with it actually. Brewers need a few losses. They keep hanging around like little pests lmao 

Lol Id be fine with a sweep :spit:

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Finally, something SW1 can comment on. This classic routine never gets old. "1 base at a time...Left fielder's name. Why. Because I wanna know...What base do you wanna take about?" Straight comedians are the foundation of timeless routines like this. 

Thanks Jay. "Naturally who gets it" indeed. Still hilarious after all these yrs. 

Yes its classic Brother 

8 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes its classic Brother 

You're a good man Jay & very funny. Mostly, I just drop in from time to time to see what's on your mind, enjoy the back & forth among friends, & learn something along the way. Carry on...

Archived