Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Cubs lost, only a game out of 1st though in the NLCentral so need to panic. Rockies are real tough this season, who would've thought that? Cubs are in a real winnable Division which after the pressure they had last season to win it all, they deserve that. Had the Cubs not won it all last season everyone would've piled on them after going 103-58.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2017 Cubs pitching is not what 2016 was. Schwarber is in  major slump hitting under 200. Yet they are hanging tuff with Milwaukee. It's early June, a long way to go The season shocker has to be the Astros. Their numbers are off the scale. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Update on today's games:

Cards lost to the Reds.

Yanks are winning against Boston 7-1 in 8th.

Cubs are trailing the Rockies 4-1 in the 6th.

The White Sox are trailing TB 6-5 in the 8th.

Brewers lost.

The Mets are off.

Enjoy the end of the games. Have a good night all.

Good Night 

20 minutes ago, King Colt said:

2017 Cubs pitching is not what 2016 was. Schwarber is in  major slump hitting under 200. Yet they are hanging tuff with Milwaukee. It's early June, a long way to go The season shocker has to be the Astros. Their numbers are off the scale. 

Yeah Kyle S is really struggling and I agree the Pitching isn't near as great either. Tough to top last season in reality but the Cubs still have a chance to Repeat. Just have to get into the Playoffs, then anything can happen.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:24 AM, Jay Kirk said:

:facepalm: Yep just great PT I'm quickly not being a fan of Matheny's managing , last night not on him , but they have been in many games lately, even with leads and his hesitance to pull a pitcher especially in lets say the seventh to me is mind boggling . There are not very many pitchers out there capable of completing games , its the nature of the game. If he doesn't pull his head out of his A.. I'm fine with him being gone. Another thing troubling to me is I see players joking with opposing players when a games on the line. This to me doesn't cut it, time to put on the game face and play. In listening to Edmonds as an analyst I know he has no experience but definitely understands the game and he definitely has the fire. The Cards have plenty of talent on team and even in the farm , to me its time to put their feet to the fire. This isn't a good ole boys club its a business and needs to be addressed as such.

Just heard on Cubs game broadcast that Cardinals have announced a press conference later today? You might get your wish.....

21 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Rockies are tough as well

5 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure how this will help looks like they found some scapegoats 

I would say Matheny is on the hot seat and IMO scapegoat is right Matheny wanted to be ultra aggressive on base path's , and its bit them in the butt several times. Including this 7 game skid. Base coaches were carrying out his wishes. I would've let Matheny go and made David Bell interim . I'm not real happy how they handled this.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Lol  :wall:

I think PT has a message for you. Lol.

What about your GM? The Mets announcers said that the Cards gave up Adams for nearly nothing. They thought the Cards could have gotten more. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What about your GM? The Mets announcers said that the Cards gave up Adams for nearly nothing. They thought the Cards could have gotten more. 

The GM is going nowhere and they did that out of respect for Adams he wasn't in the long term plans , they didn't feel it was fair for him on bench and had several to fill his shoes.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He has some very interesting moves including signing a 30 yo to a 5+ year contract 

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol don't see any message

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Part of MM's problem has been the pieces he has been given

Yes the Bullpen other than Rosenthall and Oh has to be addressed , I would cut Cecil terrible signing so far unless he does a 180

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

They also need to put Wacha in pen for relief work 3 to 4 innings effective after that get him out. They have a young gun to bring up from AA that will do nicely in the rotation.

Maybe it is because he was a catcher but Matheny tends to stay with pitchers too long

Archived