Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Did any of you see the article on ESPN about Harper's worth if he becomes a FA? One source said "$400M is light". Holy hell. I'm sorry but I'm not giving someone that much money

I would not pay him that. He looks like the kind of "me guy" who would not be good for a young clubhouse. He would be the star when Bryant should be.

Did ESPN say why he wants to leave Washington? 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I would not pay him that. He looks like the kind of "me guy" who would not be good for a young clubhouse. He would be the star when Bryant should be.

I have s feeling of way he might want to come to Chicago.

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think it was anything about leaving the Nationals. It was just about if he becomes a FA

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He gave me some LIKES, he's been here. Cubs are rolling again. I wonder where Jay has been. I haven't seen him for a couple of days. I hope he is ok.

He gave me a couple too but he did not join in the conversation. haha He has been too quiet.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He gave me a couple too but he did not join in the conversation. haha He has been too quiet.

Sorry guys/gals.....Yesterday was a very busy day, worked in the sun most of the day then drove through three counties for baseball/softball games, I got home at 9:58pm to catch the end of the Cubs game, was on here catching up, and literally fell asleep on couch with phone in hand while liking everyone's post!!!!! 

Baseball Scores on this 73rd Anniversary of D-Day

Rangers 3, Mets  4, top 3rd (balls are flying out)

Red Sox 5, Yanks 2, top 5th

Reds 10, Cards 0, top 5th

Marlins 1, Cubs 0, bottom 3rd

White Sox and Rays tied at 1, top 6th

Brewers also winning 5-0, 5th inn.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My Sox need a win. They got pummeled over the weekend by the Tigers. Need some good fortune

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Brewers also winning 5-0, 5th inn.

Cards are doing good

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did anyone realize that Adrian Beltre will probably get his 3000th hit this year? 

Is Beltre a Hall of Fame player? 3000 hits should get you in but I don't see him as a HoFer. 

If Gil Hodges can't get in no but not a big fan of the HOF vote

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they have the momentum now. They are on WNDY tonight. I am watching them and the Cubs. Cubs are on CSN.

Yeah I'm watching it on there too. They'll still find a way to lose lol. It's why I didn't get my hopes up when they started well. I saw this movie last year and wasn't gonna be suckered in again

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah I'm watching it on there too. They'll still find a way to lose lol. It's why I didn't get my hopes up when they started well. I saw this movie last year and wasn't gonna be suckered in again

It's tough to figure out teams so far, not so sure the Whitesox cant get on a roll. Cubs looked terrible last week, then win 4 in a row, Cards looked Good, now they don't.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Could he be the 1st player to get 3000 hits and not be voted in?

@Luck is Good @coltsfansince65

your thoughts? You are AL fans. Perhaps I am not appreciating Beltre enough because I don't follow they AL much.

4x all star, 5x gold glove winner, 2x platinum glove winner, 4x silver slugger winner and 3x hit for the cycle, which is shared for most all time. If anything, I think he's been underrated his entire career

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

4x all star, 5x gold glove winner, 2x platinum glove winner, 4x silver slugger winner and 3x hit for the cycle, which is shared for most all time. If anything, I think he's been underrated his entire career

I guess I have to check him out more. But I am not impressed by individual game stats like hitting for the cycle. I prefer players who are consistently good, year in and year out, which he might have been. I remember him mostly for HRs.

My oh my, Mets are playing so poorly. 7-4 8-4 Texas.

Archived