Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Every team has played a decent amount of games except the Cards. The Cards won't stop the season IMO. 1 team won't stop it. If it was like 5 teams having a lot of positives tests that would be different. Just too much money involved if only 1 or 2 teams are having this problem to stop the season. I am not sure what is going in St Louis but they need to get their crap together. Even the Marlins have now played 12 games and playing well. I see the season finishing after what I have been hearing from ESPN and the MLB channel. 

Last night at work a Cards fan said they just need to cancel the season. I lmao , I said yeah your team looks like they are trying to get it shut down and the Cubs are 12-3. Won't happen sorry, unless there are like 5 teams with a lot of positives tests. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now if the Colts go 13-3 that would be the daily double lmao . Cubs are a machine right now and look hungry again. Joe Buck just said the Cubs look unbeatable. 

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing.

That would be a great number for the Colts this season...

The CUBS are blowing me away so far!

Loving It 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats, Cubs fans. Your team looks great.

Have the Mets won 5 games yet? Lol. I believe they won today. This young pitcher Peterson should have a 4-0 record. He has pitched well. He is 3-1. 

Mets are 9-11 and only 3 games out of 1st place. Every team has played a huge amount of games except for the Cards. 

22 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

I don't know but he may have a problem with the language he uses when frustrated...

Seems the umps sure got a short fuse on the guy. There must be a reason.

I mean umps seem to just have quick fuses it seems. I mean he was walking away from him too and seemed more annoyed at himself. You see what Ross said during the game about it

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I hated to see Joe Maddon go, but so far it is looking like David Ross was the right man for the job. Excited with how the Cubs are looking so far this season but it is 2020 and no one knows what is going to happen next in this crazy year!

Yeah at this point I do think the season will finish unless like 5 or 6 teams just start testing positive a lot for the Covid-19. Cards are the only team that haven't played several games but they are scheduled to play a lot of double headers coming up. The players love David Ross, when he got hired I had a good vibe but still wasn't sure how he would do. 13-3 so far is awesome.

No Chatwood tonight for Cubs with back tightness. Mills starting. DeGrom scratched for mets with Neck. Both Indians pitchers that went out in Chicago have now been optioned to the alternate site. This includes their big guy Clevinger. 

Cards scheduled many doubleheaders including 2 next week on Mon, Wed against the Cubs. The Cards will be home team for 1 game each of those days. Both teams get a 29th man

It really is time for a electronic strike zone. The fact that umps this year can't even consistently call a strike zone consistently is pathetic. They are literally guessing. Today Baker was calling late strikes repeatedly. The Cubs had two guys in the 9th get ball 4 called strikes with one a strike out and other ended in a lineout. Umpires have just seemed even worse this year on the strikezone than prior years even

43 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It really is time for a electronic strike zone. The fact that umps this year can't even consistently call a strike zone consistently is pathetic. They are literally guessing. Today Baker was calling late strikes repeatedly. The Cubs had two guys in the 9th get ball 4 called strikes with one a strike out and other ended in a lineout. Umpires have just seemed even worse this year on the strikezone than prior years even

Alarming loss today, losing 3 in a row is never good. We had leads in all 3 of the losses which is the "Alarming" thing. We still have a nice lead in the division but it is no longer huge. The Cards lost to the White Sox today 7-2 so that helps. I know the Cards are going to make noise eventually and the Brewers always pull their lucky crap it seems lmao 

HOLY COW! What a comeback, Bote with a 3 run HR to put the Cubs ahead 5-4 for good. Huge and must needed win. Now 14-7 on the season and that puts us back at 3.5 games ahead of the Cards and Brewers. Every game is important in a 60 game season. We were down 4-1 going into the 6th in a 7 inning game. Fly the flag Hozer, Cubs win baby!

NL Central standings look like this:

Cubs 14-7 - only have 39 games left

Cards 5-5 (3.5 back)

Brewers 10-10 (3.5 back) - only have 40 games left

Reds 9-11 (4.5 back) - only have 40 games left

Pirates 4-14 (8.5 back) - only have 42 games left

-Despite the recent losing streak which just ended tonight, we still have won twice as many games as we have lost. 14-7 is still a good record. This was a huge win tonight to get back on track. The Cards are playing a lot of double headers but not sure how many games they will end up playing. They have now played 10 anyway.

9 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Finally got a win!

Time to get on another roll!

GO CUBS GO 

FLY THE W 

Yeah so far this year we are 3-4 vs the Brewers, 1-1 vs the Cards, and 2-1 vs the Reds. So we have broke even against those 3 combined at 6-6. We are beating everyone else pretty soundly. .500 isn't bad against 3 tough division opponents. 

In a shortened season wins like tonight are critical. Instead of the Cubs only being up 1.5 over the Cards, they are 3.5 up. That is a 2 game swing. We still have 3 more games with them this series. I would like to at least win 1 if not 2 of them. I picked the Cards to win the division before the season started so I know they are good.

I honestly don't expect the Cardinals to win the division, Cubs are too good and playing well; and given the Cardinals will be playing several more double-headers, I would be surprised if they get a playoff spot.

Right now, I'm enjoying watching my other team, the Rays.  They just play ball...win games and do it without superstars.  Young, hungry players they have developed or obtained via trades over the years.  Brandon Lowe has been tearing it up of late, but they get clutch performances from someone different every day, it seems.

Very good young pitching staff makes them dangerous.

Also, keep an eye on those White Sox...all the young talent they've acquired over the past few years is starting to shine.  Luis Robert  is a stud in the making...he is huge, fast and has a lot of power.  I joined a keeper league last year and inherited an existing team when that owner decided to drop out.  I had a lot of roster clean-up to do, but he did have Robert on the roster and I've turned down multiple offers for him.  Now enjoying his production at the MLB level. 

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Also, keep an eye on those White Sox...all the young talent they've acquired over the past few years is starting to shine.  Luis Robert  is a stud in the making...he is huge, fast and has a lot of power.  I joined a keeper league last year and inherited an existing team when that owner decided to drop out.  I had a lot of roster clean-up to do, but he did have Robert on the roster and I've turned down multiple offers for him.  Now enjoying his production at the MLB level. 

Speaking of the White Sox, isn't it just interesting that they had originally signed Tatis Jr. but then traded him and another player for James Shields before he even played a minor league game? Just imagine if they had not

Not for sure how to analyze the season so far because of the Cards situation. They have only played 13 games and was forced to play at Wrigley the last 5 games because of the Covid-19 Virus. They have now played 13 games though and are 6-7, while the Cubs remain healthy and are 16-8 with just 36 games left for them to play. Just looking at the Cubs situation, being 4.5 games up on the Cards and Brewers is a great thing in the NL Central as the Brewers are just 10-11 and have played 21. Overall I would give the team a B+ (not quite an A), we started red hot at 13-3 then hit a little rough patch but taking 3 of 5 from the Cards is great no matter where the teams play. Baez and Bryant both have struggled a bit so far and our bull pen is still iffy. Kimbrel looked good tonight though in getting his 1st save. Yu Darvish has been sensational! David Ross has been good for the team as well. My new nickname for David Bote is 'Mr. Clutch'.

Off day tomorrow and the guys deserve it, rest up and finish strong.

Archived