Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen it, it did not even bother me. I am used to it from him :funny:. You are right though, last I looked this a sports website and I love the history of the game and following sports is technically a hobby. No big deal :thmup:

So true

Down here fandom is crazy

My GM was a Card Fan 

My college roommates were Red Fans

One side of my family are IU fans while the other is UK fans(All but 1 who is a UL fan

I am a proud Southern Indiana Screaming Eagle alum but my sister went to Kentucky Wesleyan to play softball which was/is a rival of USI and The University of Evansville

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I don't want to block him. I enjoy some of his posts in other forums, but I know of no way to block him just in the baseball forum.

Trash talk, you can keep.

Friendly banter? Ribbing? Who's he ribbing? There's on White Sox fan here who doesn't post much, and zero Brewers fans. Seems more like pounding his chest to himself.

He’s proud of his team, nothing wrong with that. It was quite an accomplishment to win the World Series after a 108 year drought. 

You’re right there is a White Sox fan on here, not that it matters because yes he was discussing a interaction he had with a friend who is a White Sox fan, and was telling us about it, simple discussion,  didn’t bother anyone else. 

The Cubs/Brewers rivalry is starting to heat up, so I expect there will be plenty of banter to come, you may not be happy.

Didnt say you should block him, maybe just cruise by his posts in this thread if they are ruining your day.

28 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I'm not sure what your second sentence refers to, so if you'd clarify, thanks.

Regarding the White Sox thing, regardless. The White Sox won a WS recently also. Why the jab at them just 'cause it wasn't as recent as the Cubs? I'd guess he's taking a jab at someone not even on this forum(?). The Cubs won more recently. Why would he take guff from a White Sox fan, and feel the need to take the jab. He comes off as petty, and insecure.

Or is this a trash talk thing. Which, BTW, changes nothing in my mind.

Here is the answer to both questions 

@2006Coltsbestever and I are a lot alike in our fandom for our favorite teams

He was relating the story to me

I am sure that @HOZER, @NFLfan, and @Jay Kirk aknows fans of other teams and had instances like this at work or in public.

I know I have

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

He’s proud of his team, nothing wrong with that. It was quite an accomplishment to win the World Series after a 108 year drought. 

You’re right there is a White Sox fan on here, not that it matters because yes he was discussing a interaction he had with a friend who is a White Sox fan, and was telling us about it, simple discussion,  didn’t bother anyone else. 

The Cubs/Brewers rivalry is starting to heat up, so I expect there will be plenty of banter to come, you may not be happy.

Didnt say you should block him, maybe just cruise by his posts in this thread if they are ruining your day.

It is a year round and very common thing for me since I know fans of other teams in every sport at every level

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

You guys SHOULD be proud of the WS win. 

So, let's say every time I posted in this forum, I had to mention how many WS were won by each team in our life times, laughed at how long it took the Cubs to win one, and pointed out how many games the Cubs are behind the Bucs right now, lovable losers, Cubby Chubbies, LOL after every mention of the Cubs. I'd be strung up by my thumbs after the first post.

Even if I made it past the first post, it gets old and tired. Meaningless. 

And, if there was a Brewers fan on here to banter with, I'd understand it, but there isn't, so what's the point?

Oh, and I'm actually having a pretty good day. Spring weather, finally. Got to do some work out in the yard. Things are looking up.

15 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Here is the answer to both questions 

@2006Coltsbestever and I are a lot alike in our fandom for our favorite teams

He was relating the story to me

I am sure that @HOZER, @NFLfan, and @Jay Kirk aknows fans of other teams and had instances like this at work or in public.

I know I have

Yet no one else seems to have the need to demean others.

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Did you read the entire convo between @2006Coltsbestever and me because it was a discussion about why I am luke warm about baseball especially right now and he was talking to me about why he is so proud of the Cubs not demeaning anyone

No, but how far would I need to go back?

This is a long thread.

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

And, what's the big deal? 

This whole thing is so silly. :facepalm:

Obviously, you'll never see what I see in it, and I'll never see what you don't see in it, so it is what it is.

Maybe it's a lack of understanding of our sense of humor.

I can fully understand others not understanding mine from time to time (often?), but it's not often I don't pick up on others, and I just don't here.

So, done. 'Til next time.

3 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Bridge between what? Basketball & Football? Basketball & Basketball?

It depends on when you ask

Growing up it was Track and Football

When I was an HS athlete it Track and Summer Workouts for Football 

When I was Coaching it was Softball and Football

Now it is Basketball and Football

59 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yet no one else seems to have the need to demean others.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=369834.0

Pot meet kettle, you’re demeaning an excellent poster on here for simply expressing his feelings about a teams accomplishments and maybe talking a little bit of friendly smack. I seem to recall having an interaction with you in the past about the Cubs/Pirates, can’t remember exactly what it was about and am not going to read through hundreds of pages to find it, lol, but it was friendly banter if I recall, at least on my side it was.  

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

So, let's say every time I posted in this forum, I had to mention how many WS were won by each team in our life times, laughed at how long it took the Cubs to win one, and pointed out how many games the Cubs are behind the Bucs right now, lovable losers, Cubby Chubbies, LOL after every mention of the Cubs. I'd be strung up by my thumbs after the first post.

Even if I made it past the first post, it gets old and tired. Meaningless. 

And, if there was a Brewers fan on here to banter with, I'd understand it, but there isn't, so what's the point?

Wrong. If you were doing it in jest or to rib us Cubs fans we would laugh and talk smack right back at you. There’s fans of several teams on here and obviously not just the Cubs. That’s kind of the whole point of this thread, to talk about and maybe boast a little bit about our teams. Heck, we even criticize and berate them when necessary, it’s all in fun. 

Cubby Chubbies, I never heard that one, that’s great, lol!

Cubbie-Chubbie-WEBSHIRT-550x550.jpg

When it comes to @buccolts, what he says doesn't really bother me. I will defend myself though and say I never demean anyone in here and when the Cubs play bad I am very critical of them, when they play well than yes I do boast at times. The Whitesox fan on here that doesn't post on here much has bashed the Cubs several times on here in the past, @Myles even takes his occasional shots at the Cubs, it's called friendly ribbing, banter. The story I told was about a Whitesox fan I work with, it wasn't even about anyone in here and he hates the Cubs like most Whitesox fans do. Maybe I shouldn't go to other forums and read what some of their fans post because some of the stuff they say is awful about the Cubs. This is the only place I post so I get a lot of my chest when I am here. I also love posting stuff about the history of the game, hence those posts. I am far from insecure about the Cubs.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I missed the game, just glad we won. That was needed. As bad as things have been we are still only 4.5 back and the season is pretty much just starting. Cards are only 3-5 so far themselves. 

Maddon on the win: "In the infamous words of Larry Bowa, we needed it like oxygen," 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26460661/cubs-victory-snapping-6-game-skid-oxygen

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Maddon on the win: "In the infamous words of Larry Bowa, we needed it like oxygen," 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26460661/cubs-victory-snapping-6-game-skid-oxygen

Heyward is the 1st Cub to hit 2 HR's and Steal 2 bases in the same game since 1900, WOW! Our pitching still gave up 8 runs but a win is a win. Thanks for the article.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I missed the game, just glad we won. That was needed. As bad as things have been we are still only 4.5 back and the season is pretty much just starting. Cards are only 3-5 so far themselves. 

I only followed by ESPN updates because I am on a self imposed sports moratorium getting ready for tonight

The only sporting events I am watching is the IIHFbWomen’s Hockey World Championship and possibly a NCAA Softball game 

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I only followed by ESPN updates because I am on a self imposed sports moratorium getting ready for tonight

The only sporting events I am watching is the IIHFbWomen’s Hockey World Championship and possibly a NCAA Softball game 

Good luck tonight, game is at 6pm correct? ND vs Baylor.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it comes to @buccolts, what he says doesn't really bother me. I will defend myself though and say I never demean anyone in here and when the Cubs play bad I am very critical of them, when they play well than yes I do boast at times. The Whitesox fan on here that doesn't post on here much has bashed the Cubs several times on here in the past, @Myles even takes his occasional shots at the Cubs, it's called friendly ribbing, banter. The story I told was about a Whitesox fan I work with, it wasn't even about anyone in here and he hates the Cubs like most Whitesox fans do. Maybe I shouldn't go to other forums and read what some of their fans post because some of the stuff they say is awful about the Cubs. This is the only place I post so I get a lot of my chest when I am here. I also love posting stuff about the history of the game, hence those posts. I am far from insecure about the Cubs.

I apologize.

I suppose I just do not, and never will, feel comfortable with the whole ribbing, trash talk, mindset that's prevalent on social media.

I really have no use for social media, and this is the only place I go for Colts info, but..... that's apparently my issue, and there's solutions to that.

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I apologize.

I suppose I just do not, and never will, feel comfortable with the whole ribbing, trash talk, mindset that's prevalent on social media.

I really have no use for social media, and this is the only place I go for Colts info, but..... that's apparently my issue, and there's solutions to that.

Carry on.

No big deal. I do post some redundant stuff and if someone isn't a Cubs fan they may get tired of reading it. I don't post on Twitter or have Facebook so this is this place I tell my stories and post about the Cubs constantly. I really wish we had a Brewers fan in here or even 2, it would be fun for me.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No big deal. I do post some redundant stuff and if someone isn't a Cubs fan they may get tired of reading it. I don't post on Twitter or have Facebook so this is this place I tell my stories and post about the Cubs constantly. I really wish we had a Brewers fan in here or even 2, it would be fun for me.

It would be more fun for me too.

36 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

excuse me wow GIF by Mashable

A moratorium? Say what! :P

Enjoy the games.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Pre Game coverage starts at 4 CST and Game at 5 CST

I might watch it. Go ND. Too much scandal at Baylor with minimal punishment. Anyone remember Dave Bliss, head coach of their Mens Basketball team some years back. He coached his players to lie about a player on the team who had been killed. :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I might watch it. Go ND. Too much scandal at Baylor with minimal punishment. Anyone remember Dave Bliss, head coach of their Mens Basketball team some years back. He coached his players to lie about a player on the team who had been killed. :facepalm:

Yeah it would be cool if ND repeated. They beat UConn 2 years in a row as well. 

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it would be cool if ND repeated. They beat UConn 2 years in a row as well. 

This will be the last time you will get to see the most prolific scoring Quintet in NCAA History

Archived