Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I bet you that if we sign him, he will look like Jason Bay, Carlos Baerga, Mo Vaughn, and Roberto Alomar looked like in Mets uniforms. The only difference is that Machado is younger.

Thats how awful management has been to you guys...they have you defeated and not expecting anything and thus they don’t have to even try. Either way they need to do something. I think Machado and bring back a veteran like Murphy and add a closer and maybe some hope and some life in your guys. I guarantee the players share your same sentiment..and that’s the very thing you have to change by going out and showing them you are bringing in some talent and flip the script. Have a good night! It wasn’t that many years ago the Cubs had me feeling the same way you do. It can change.

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

This ones for you Bote!!!!!!!

2C1016C6-A151-4DEC-A3C7-28A1A798A6C0.jpeg

Thank you Hamels...I’ll  admit when I’m wrong he has come in and been an ace. Never thought he still had this good stuff. Then we had no hope and bam bottom of ninth walk off granny...just couldn’t script it any better...hope this wakes up the team..they’ve just been sleep walking this second half.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

He may end up your Ace

I do like that he has post season experience....and when I say experience I mean WS MVP. He went toe to toe with Scherzer last night and didn't blink...that is what it will take in the playoffs. Magnificent....guess he was pitching uninspired in Texas because of the situation. Just thrilled he has fit in so well. My only concern is that our top 3 pitchers are all lefties...and we run into a team of heavy right handed bats (like the Yankees). We really need Nomo to come back and pitch like he is capable. Just to split up the staff. Lester and Hamels pitch very much alike...need a righty to start between them. Anyways it was the best pitching dual I've seen all year...then the best finish I've seen....overall a great game to watch.

12 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Wow. I’m a Nats fan. I know most of y’all are Cubs fans. I just stopped by to say one thing.

This one hurtst-h-u-d

GG tho

I still can't believe the Cubs won. I respect the Nats as they have had a Good team for the last 5 years and are always tough to beat. Great game man! If the Nats don't make the Playoffs you still have your Capitals :thmup: and Andrew Luck is back so Football is back in Indy.

12 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Wow. I’m a Nats fan. I know most of y’all are Cubs fans. I just stopped by to say one thing.

This one hurtst-h-u-d

GG tho

Such a classy fan. At least you can say you're much better than the Mets. (That's not saying much, right? Lol)

Good luck the rest of the way. All the best to the Colts too.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I do like that he has post season experience....and when I say experience I mean WS MVP. He went toe to toe with Scherzer last night and didn't blink...that is what it will take in the playoffs. Magnificent....guess he was pitching uninspired in Texas because of the situation. Just thrilled he has fit in so well. My only concern is that our top 3 pitchers are all lefties...and we run into a team of heavy right handed bats (like the Yankees). We really need Nomo to come back and pitch like he is capable. Just to split up the staff. Lester and Hamels pitch very much alike...need a righty to start between them. Anyways it was the best pitching dual I've seen all year...then the best finish I've seen....overall a great game to watch.

I hear you having pitching from both sides all most a must but not if the two lefties are on their game. I believe the key is execution somewhat controlled by catcher in most cases , then command of location from the pitcher . Problem with Lester is lack of consistency , you don't always know what one shows up. I do like Cole always have and lol what's not to like playing in Texas I'm sure temps have been terrible among other problems there. I believe he is rejuvenated , probably one happy camper.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we can get both games vs the Brewers, things will really be looking good being 3 games ahead as of now. I will be happy with a split but I hope we get both. It's just a 2 game series but a big 2. Cards on fire right now too. They are only 5.5 games back of the Cubs. 5.5 is a decent cushion but not a large one.

Yes its far from over , however the Cubs are the driver in control , its just up to them to maintain and not crash. There is a lot to do with the game that is unseen , mental aspect . When teams start pressing is when things come unhinged , they forget the game is supposed to be fun.

7 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes its far from over , however the Cubs are the driver in control , its just up to them to maintain and not crash. There is a lot to do with the game that is unseen , mental aspect . When teams start pressing is when things come unhinged , they forget the game is supposed to be fun.

The Cubs are pretty mentally tough with guys like Rizzo, Zobrist, Lester, and Bryant when healthy. Maddon has instilled that in this team. I agree it's far from over, we need at least a split vs the Brewers so they gain no ground. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still can't believe the Cubs won. I respect the Nats as they have had a Good team for the last 5 years and are always tough to beat. Great game man! If the Nats don't make the Playoffs you still have your Capitals :thmup: and Andrew Luck is back so Football is back in Indy.

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Such a classy fan. At least you can say you're much better than the Mets. (That's not saying much, right? Lol)

Good luck the rest of the way. All the best to the Colts too.

aaaaaaaand the Nats lost another game via a walkoff homer! This team kills me.

Appreciate the kind words yo. But y'all right, I can't be too mad. The Nats aren't trash. They're just so hit or miss this season (literally. We'd score 10 one game then score 4 the next 3 games combined haha).

Oh well. What can ya do. Maybe they'll turn it around. Maybe they won't. That's why we follow sports though right?

Good luck to the Cubs and Mets the rest of the way. Although NFLfan, me and you prolly gotta start looking towards next season, eh haha 

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

Appreciate the kind words yo. But y'all right, I can't be too mad. The Nats aren't trash. They're just so hit or miss this season (literally. We'd score 10 one game then score 4 the next 3 games combined haha).

Oh well. What can ya do. Maybe they'll turn it around. Maybe they won't. That's why we follow sports though right?

Good luck to the Cubs and Mets the rest of the way. Although NFLfan, me and you prolly gotta start looking towards next season, eh haha 

I am already done with MLB

IHSAA Football Reg. Season starts this weekend

NCAA at the end of the month

and

NFL over my birthday weekend

7 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Cubs have drove me nuts all season. My emotions have been up and down with them all season. We still aren't guaranteed of winning the NL Central yet. It looks good but it's far from over. We have laid some Watermelon eggs this season at times. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Brewers beat us at least once or win both games coming up because we can never do anything the easy way. When we won the World Series, the Cubs put me through torture. I was damn near puking, my stomach bothered me so much in Game 7 watching at Cleveland. 

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am already done with MLB

IHSAA Football Reg. Season starts this weekend

NCAA at the end of the month

and

NFL over my birthday weekend

You aren't a diehard Cubs fan like Hozer and myself. Baseball to me is the best sport going, it's just less corrupt than the NFL or NBA. The REFS are far more shady in those sports IMO, yeah Umps can be bad too but not like in the NFL and NBA. Baseball is also ran much better than the other 2 sports, the Playoff format is perfect in Baseball, you don't have guys kneeling for the Anthem either, or talking Politics out of their rear etc.. If you are any kind of Cubs fan at all you are missing out on the best times this organization will ever be. But that is your decision. 

I still love the NFL and the Colts of course. I just currently have it as the 2nd best sport as of now. I have Pro Baseball #1, NFL is #2, and NBA #3. That is just my order. I just never have followed Hockey much but it was cool that the Caps won the Stanley Cup finally. That was on par with the Cubs winning in 2016. Nascar and Indy Racing I used to be into alot when I was younger but I don't even follow it now. I have been to the Indy 500 around 15 times but that was a long time ago. I love College Football and get into Mens College Basketball during the Tournament. Pro Golf is fun to watch when Tiger is doing well and Pro Mens and Womens Tennis is watchable when 2 Stars are squaring off. Soccer to me is a bit boring so I am not into that either. 

-I do want to add, I was a huge Pro Boxing fan back in the 80's and 90's. Boxing was awesome back then but now days I don't even watch it anymore.

Archived