Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would've gave Jake 6 years if the Cubs were going to do this. I agree.

As with any signing only time tells the whole story . I have never really sensed the competitive fire and grit in him. He will have to prove me wrong.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I may have to settle for my 1 Championship. I guess it's better than none. Cubs still will be Good but our Pitching staff is questionable. Lose Chap, then lose Jake, and Lester looked iffy last season.

Lester will have to be the stopper .

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would've gave Jake 6 years if the Cubs were going to do this. I agree.

Moves like that is one easing the Cubs spent 100 Years as the Laughing Stock of the MLB

As I have said we must look forward not back

IMO 

JA tuned down the Cubs and my fandom

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The JA train has left the station and for me I am a fan of the 2018 Cubs said nothing about talent 

I am a fan of the organization and have been since the 84 season. All I am doing is, stating we made a mistake here. I am all about 2018 now as well and Jake would've gave us a better chance to win in 2018 IMO. I am Posting my opinion regarding 2018, not 2016 or 1969. I hope YU proves me wrong but I doubt it. Just like I said we wouldn't Repeat when we lost Chap, you were happy Chap left - where did that get us? It got us a weak BullPen and a Loss in the NLCS.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am a fan of the organization and have been since the 84 season. All I am doing is, stating we made a mistake here. I am all about 2018 now as well and Jake would've gave us a better chance to win in 2018 IMO. I am Posting my opinion regarding 2018, not 2016 or 1969. I hope YU proves me wrong but I doubt it. Just like I said we wouldn't Repeat when we lost Chap, you were happy Chap left - where did that get us? It got us a weak BullPen and a Loss in the NLCS.

Find Your Happy Place because Everything Will Be Okay 

JA made a decision to leave Chicago and unless you are the Amazing Criswell, no one knows what will happen with the signing

Since I grew up around and in the world of HS Sports I learned the fact that eras nd the hard way

11 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Find Your Happy Place because Everything Will Be Okay 

JA made a decision to leave Chicago and unless you are the Amazing Criswell, no one knows what will happen with the signing

Since I grew up around and in the world of HS Sports I learned the fact that eras nd the hard way

They don't need to end in the Pro's for a long time, that is the thing. This isn't HighSchool or College. We win the WS then get rid of Great players like Fowler, Chap, and now Jake. Makes no sense but it is what it is. If we would've offered Jake 6 years for 150 Mill he wouldn't of went anywhere.

-If anyone thinks Yu Darvish is a better Pitcher than Jake, you are wrong, sorry. Now I just found my happy place and done with this - time to move on. Go Cubs!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They don't need to end in the Pro's, that is the thing. This isn't HighSchool or College. We win the WS then get rid of Great players like Fowler, Chap, and now Jake. Makes no sense but it is what it is. If we would've offered Jake 6 years for 150 Mill he wouldn't of went anywhere.

You didn’t get what I said

in the High School World every year the teams must be rebuilt

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You didn’t get what I said

in the High School World every year the teams must be rebuilt

I did get it, in the Pro's you do not have to do that was my point is what I am saying. Why would we sign Yu Darvish instead of Jake Arrieta? Let me ask you that. We never offered Jake 6/150 so I am not buying Jake was leaving automatically, he wanted more years on his contract is why we couldn't come to an agreement with him. If we were willing to give Yu 6 years, then why not Jake? I just don't understand it. It is what it is and time to move on because nothing any Cubs fan can say about it now.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did get it, in the Pro's you do not have to do that was my point is what I am saying. Why would we sign Yu Darvish instead of Jake Arrieta? Let me ask you that. We never offered Jake 6/150 so I am not buying Jake was leaving automatically, he wanted more years on his contract is why we couldn't come to an agreement with him. If we were willing to give Yu 6 years, then why not Jake? I just don't understand it. It is what it is and time to move on because nothing any Cubs fan can say about it now.

Jake wanted something different and is no longer a Cub

IMO

Jake chose to wait and lost 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Jake wanted something different and is no longer a Cub

IMO

Jake chose to wait and lost 

Yep time to move on, I stated how I feel about it and you have too. I wish the Cubs the best in 2018 and hope Yu dominates. That is all I can say at this point.

-Regarding your point,  you are used to seeing change every year in HIghSchool sports so I completely get it. Normally in the Pro's, most FO's re-sign their best players for years. Thank God we had the sense to re-sign Bryant to a long deal.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep time to move on, I stated how I feel about it and you have too. I wish the Cubs the best in 2018 and hope Yu dominates. That is all I can say at this point.

-Regarding your point,  you are used to seeing change every year in HIghSchool sports so I completely get it. Normally in the Pro's, most FO's re-sign their best players for years. Thank God we had the sense to re-sign Bryant to a long deal.

PT seems to support only those who are still on the team. I am a bit more like you. I like to keep our best players. I like continuity. 

On another note, I see we have another baseball fan. He is new to the board and is a Yankees fan. PT already reached out to him. Let's all welcome him. :thmup:

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

PT seems to support only those who are still on the team. I am a bit more like you. I like to keep our best players. I like continuity. 

On another note, I see we have another baseball fan. He is new to the board and is a Yankees fan. PT already reached out to him. Let's all welcome him. :thmup:

I am not a big fan of guys who leave as FAs especially those who turned down contracts

34 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am not a big fan of guys who leave as FAs especially those who turned down contracts

Yeah well we never offered Jake what we offered Yu, so don't blame Jake blame our FO. If we gave Jake Yu's offer I am pretty sure Jake stays. Oh well it's water under the bridge now. Yu is a Cub, Jake isn't. I got news for Yu he better be better than Jake for what we are paying him otherwise Cubs fans will pile on him. We just signed a guy that isn't proven in the Playoffs. Jake was 2-0 in the WS vs the Indians and has clinched games vs the Pirates and Cards over the last 3 years in the Playoffs. Jake is a Playoff warrior. I expect 20-6 with an era of below 3 with the money we are paying Yu otherwise it's a fail. I expect to be back in the WS, If he does that I will say it was worth it then.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep and that is another reason why I am not happy. Yankees get him you might as well hand them the trophy.

Im and Yankees and Giants fan..If Yankees pull that off it'll be the most excited I've been about baseball in a long time..

Thanks for the Chapman rental in 2016. He was huge, so glad the Cubs finally won the WS. I have been Cubs fan since 1984 and finally it happened lmao. I am huge fan of Chapman.

Yeah, I was happy for Cubs if my teams couldn't do it, I'm glad they did..

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I hate the Cardinals as much as I do the Patriots..lol

The guy that created this Thread is Jay - very cool guy, he is a Cards fan so I take it easy on him about the Cards haha. He is actually a cool Cards fan, he doesn't hate the Cubs, most Cards fans do. This a Great Baseball Thread, if you like the Yankees you may have bragging rights this season. They looked great last season.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@2006Coltsbestever

Have Faith because Everything Will Be Okay 

I am ok, I just have to move on and hope Yu delivers. Cubs have made 3 straight NLCS and won a WS so I still have a lot to be happy about. I waited 32 years for a Championship after the Cubs blew it in 1984 so that is true misery lmao 

Yeah well it took me all night to get over the fact Jake is gone but that is Baseball and time to move on. I never once thought we wouldn't re-sign him and he is my favorite Cubs Pitcher of all-time so yes I was upset last night. I am better today.

I really like Arrietta, he is the real deal..I think all the pressure he dealt with for Cubs makes him perfect fit for Yankees...A lot of great players can't handle the New York spotlight..

Archived