Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank God for Theo! I waited 32 years for that Championship since I have been a fan. 1984 was sad, so was 2003. Finally a Championship in my lifetime. Lets see if they can add to it. Maybe they will, maybe they wont but the ride is going to be interesting.

Well I'm a Cards fan first , but have been a Cubs follower as well starting in around 1965. Actually 64 on Cards

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was announced on the radio that the Braves traded for Reds 2B Brandon Phillips. He has a no-trade clause and had declined a trade to the Braves in the past. Let's see if he agrees to the trade this time.

I always liked Phillips. The guy I want from the Reds is the SS Zach Cozart but it seems the Mets are set at SS. Can the Reds take Bruce back?? 

18 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well I'm a Cards fan first , but have been a Cubs follower as well starting in around 1965. Actually 64 on Cards

Yeah you have a few years on me, I started following the Cubs in 1984 as you already know and heartbreak ensued my 1st year liking them LOL. As a fan following them I have had many heartbreaks with them as 2003 was another major one. So 2016 was a feeling like I have never felt in sports before, for me it was pretty equal to when the Colts beat the Pats in 2006 then went on to win the SB.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looks like the Reds are rebuilding again

Yeah looks like it. They are a long ways from being good. I have a few friends that are Reds fans and they are fed up with the organization. Here in Indy most people are either Cubs or Reds fans because we don't have a pro team, thankfully I chose the Cubs years ago.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Cards received bad news yesterday with the Alex Reyes injury

Yeah that is bad news. A big blow to the Cards. Injuries are such a huge part of the game and can derail teams which is why it's tough to make before season picks on who may win it all. When the Cubs lost Kyle S last season it was bad, how he came back for the Playoffs was a miracle.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Cards received bad news yesterday with the Alex Reyes injury

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that is bad news. A big blow to the Cards. Injuries are such a huge part of the game and can derail teams which is why it's tough to make before season picks on who may win it all. When the Cubs lost Kyle S last season it was bad, how he came back for the Playoffs was a miracle.

What is the injury?

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tommy John surgery, out for the season. So it's his arm.

Thank you. Yeah, that is bad news. I am used to news like this.  It seems that every Mets pitcher has had Tommy John surgery.

Hoping for the best for Reyes.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. Yeah, that is bad news. I am used to news like this.  It seems that every Mets pitcher has had Tommy John surgery.

Hoping for the best for Reyes.

Yeah a Pitchers arm can be a tricky thing. Some times guys can last for years and others cant. I wonder how much longer Jake Arrieta can be dominant. He started to struggle a bit last season at times as the season wore on.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah a Pitchers arm can be a tricky thing. Some times guys can last for years and others cant. I wonder how much longer Jake Arrieta can be dominant. He started to struggle a bit last season at times as the season wore on.

Has he had this type of surgery yet? It seems like most pitchers are having it now. Or perhaps it is just the Mets pitchers.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Has he had this type of surgery yet? It seems like most pitchers are having it now. Or perhaps it is just the Mets pitchers.

To my knowledge he hasn't. He has pretty much been healthy with the Cubs. He wasn't that successful with the Orioles that I do know but I don't think he was ever injured.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tommy John surgery, out for the season. So it's his arm.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To my knowledge he hasn't. He has pretty much been healthy with the Cubs. He wasn't that successful with the Orioles that I do know but I don't think he was ever injured.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the catch I was away from the computer

Yes always bad news , he was going to battle for the fith spot in rotation with Wacha , said he had tendon problem around his elbow since 2013 , my question why did they wait ? They will still have a very good rotation , I'm not worried barring more injury.     http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article/216081568/michael-wacha-poised-to-rejoin-cards-rotation/

Hello everyone!!!

You all may know, but Tommy John surgery is so routine these days that kids in High School and college have had it done.  This does baffle me somewhat.

My daughters friend plays baseball at Stanford, an his season ended last season...for Tommy John Surgery.  He was set to be drafted.  MLB will have to wait for this young man.

5 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Hello everyone!!!

You all may know, but Tommy John surgery is so routine these days that kids in High School and college have had it done.  This does baffle me somewhat.

My daughters friend plays baseball at Stanford, an his season ended last season...for Tommy John Surgery.  He was set to be drafted.  MLB will have to wait for this young man.

What's up Brent, cant wait for Baseball. It's right around the corner. Go Cubs!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What's up Brent, cant wait for Baseball. It's right around the corner. Go Cubs!

Not much really.  RG and I have had some health issues, but we are still out and about.  Went to Pacers game last night.  We were lucky to get tickets to a suite.  First time for me at a Pacers game.

Just really studying the teams more in depth in baseball.  It looks to be a tremendous year once again. 

Don't you guys count out the Mets.  With that pitching, they will win several 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 games.  They do need a spark besides Cespedes.

Reds look to reek of Minor league dugouts once again. Traded Philips to get a look at Peraza full time.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Not much really.  RG and I have had some health issues, but we are still out and about.  Went to Pacers game last night.  We were lucky to get tickets to a suite.  First time for me at a Pacers game.

Just really studying the teams more in depth in baseball.  It looks to be a tremendous year once again. 

Don't you guys count out the Mets.  With that pitching, they will win several 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 games.  They do need a spark besides Cespedes.

Reds look to reek of Minor league dugouts once again. Traded Philips to get a look at Peraza full time.

Yeah the Pacers are struggling again unfortunately, not looking good. It will be the Cavs/Warriors anyway so it's a forgone conclusion. Football is over so I am really looking forward to Baseball. Baseball is a sport where it is really difficult to Repeat and every season you have usually around 10 teams that can win it all going in. Makes it interesting to follow.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Pacers are struggling again unfortunately, not looking good. It will be the Cavs/Warriors anyway so it's a forgone conclusion. Football is over so I am really looking forward to Baseball. Baseball is a sport where it is really difficult to Repeat and every season you have usually around 10 teams that can win it all going in. Makes it interesting to follow.

Fantasy-wise I play more baseball and am better at it than football. The one caveat with baseball is no salary cap, and the luxury tax isn't a good solution IMO. I will be following the Braves and seeing how their major league team and farm system does. Completely the opposite of the cubs, build around great pitching instead of great hitting.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What's up you guys? Doing some mock drafts in fantasy baseball. Already did a league and got Trout and Mookie with some other solid players. It's too bad what happened to Alex Reyes, but there are always a few. Can't wait til spring training!

Spring training is HERE!!! :)  

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Fantasy-wise I play more baseball and am better at it than football. The one caveat with baseball is no salary cap, and the luxury tax isn't a good solution IMO. I will be following the Braves and seeing how their major league team and farm system does. Completely the opposite of the cubs, build around great pitching instead of great hitting.

Braves just picked up Phillips, to me that was a solid move.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Braves just picked up Phillips, to me that was a solid move.

They traded for him. A couple of nobodies lol. Sean Rodriguez got in a car crash and injured his shoulder. Phillips is basically useless, just a filler for a year. But he's serviceable, and we pay his $14 million dollar contract to get his services for 1 year. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They traded for him. A couple of nobodies lol. Sean Rodriguez got in a car crash and injured his shoulder. Phillips is basically useless, just a filler for a year. But he's serviceable, and we pay his $14 million dollar contract to get his services for 1 year. 

Yeah the Braves didn't really give up anything for him was my point. Phillips still has game IMO. I know he is older but in Baseball you can play until your 40 and still be solid.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Phillips is one of the best defensive 2nd basemen in MLB, a great guy in the clubhouse and is a great bat when the game is on the line.  I watched about 100 games of the awful Reds last year. :)  

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Phillips is one of the best defensive 2nd basemen in MLB, a great guy in the clubhouse and is a great bat when the game is on the line.  I watched about 100 games of the awful Reds last year. :)  

I agree, he is still a borderline Great player. I don't throw the term Great around too much as I use Very Good and Good a lot at times to get my point across. Having said that he is at worse a Good player, Great Defensively.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, he is still a borderline Great player. I don't throw the term Great around too much as I use Very Good and Good a lot at times to get my point across. Having said that he is at worse a Good player, Great Defensively.

Spot on!! ^^^^^^^ :)  

1 hour ago, BrentMc11 said:

Lol I'm not counting out the Mets I know better. I'm not making predictions other than the Central will be a hard fought race and no ones cake walk.

Phillips is still very productive . For anyone who thinks hes washed up think again.

Hello everyone!!!

By the way great to have you back Brother . :thmup:

5 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I like Phillips a lot. That's a bummer that he signed with Atlanta. The East may not be too bad this year. Washington still has the most talented team.

Archived