Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm a Cardinal fan but work with too many obnoxious Cubs fans.   

You must be around a couple of annoying fans so it ruins it for you. Most Cubs fans are loyal fans and have been teased for years. You need to look at it from that perspective. We have stunk forever so most of us are just happy having a 4 season run like we have had. 2015-2018 makes us feel like we are no longer a joke, that we are a top notch team finally. Cards have always been good and have won World series in 1982, 2006, and 2011. The grief I have took from Cards fans over my lifetime cannot match what you have been listening too. I wouldn't put much into how a couple fans act, we are all just happy we are relevant and won a World Series finally. Let Cubs fans enjoy this, in my fandom since 1984 I have never had this much enjoyment watching the Cubs over a 4 year span. 84 was fun/we had a Very Good team, watching Dawson hit 49 HR's in 1987 was fun, 2003 was fun/we had a Very Good team then the Bartman thing happen. Cards have had at least 10 seasons you can brag about, I have had 3 up until 2015.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You must be around a couple of annoying fans so it ruins it for you.

That is exactly what it is. 

Even though the teams are rivals, I never hated the Cubs.   It was a pretty friendly rivalry.   Unfortunately there are 3 obnoxious Cubs fans that have been giving me crap for 2-3 years now.    So they have me rooting against the Cubs.  

i would let it go if the Cubs take Fowler back.:hat:

1 minute ago, Myles said:

That is exactly what it is. 

Even though the teams are rivals, I never hated the Cubs.   It was a pretty friendly rivalry.   Unfortunately there are 3 obnoxious Cubs fans that have been giving me crap for 2-3 years now.    So they have me rooting against the Cubs.  

i would let it go if the Cubs take Fowler back.:hat:

I need to quit using all my LIKES, I am out for now. Yeah if you around a few people that talk ridiculous junk it can ruin it for you. If the Cubs lose you can basically give those people the middle finger. I get what you are saying no biggy. Tonight's game has me scared, I think it's 50/50. I do like the fact Lester is pitching though. 

-Most cubs fans I know dislike the Cards, some hate the Cards but the people I know respect the Cards. Cards have been a top notch team ever since I can remember. I actually was scared they would make the Playoffs this year. I don't put nothing past them.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Here?? The fans here are pretty civil and root for each other. (I'm not a Cubs fan.)

He means at his work.

Alot of times I talk smack and with the Clubber Lang stuff, etc.. I am just enjoying the moment more than anything though/having fun in here. Just proud of what the Cubs have accomplished over 4 seasons. Just making the Playoffs 4 seasons in a row is tough in Baseball. Winning a WS was so gigantic that it was like taking a huge mountain off my back. I never thought I would see it to be honest! 

Here we go. 

-The Cubs arguably the best team over the last 4 years are up against it, a loss tonight and it's over. Jon Lester a tough veteran hopes to save the season for Chicago, former MVP Kris Bryant says the team feels good about  their chances. Kyle Freeland trying to become a Colorado hero tonight as he gets the start for the Rockies. Rockies trying to pull off one the bigger upsets in Playoff history as we are set to go from Wrigley.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we don't have it, this game is over Rockies just want it more. 

You have 3 more innings. The Cubs are down only 1. The game plan must have been for Cubs batters to swing early. All the batters are swinging at the first pitch, including Murph who I know to be a very patient hitter. 

You need Freeland out of there. 

Archived