Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@2006Coltsbestever @HOZER I do gotta ask do you guys get to see the game? With how I see your guys responses it seems as though only see box score not so much what happens. More wondering not that it is a problem

When I am at home I watch all the games live. All of them are on in Indianapolis. I have probably watched at least around 100 or so, the others I have had to follow when working. I have no way of watching at work so I follow the play by play at work on ESPN.com or MLB.com like last night and tonight so far. 

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@2006Coltsbestever @HOZER I do gotta ask do you guys get to see the game? With how I see your guys responses it seems as though only see box score not so much what happens. More wondering not that it is a problem

I’ve watched 95% of the games so far this season. When at work(24 hrs) I sometimes have to follow on phone, when home I watch unless Direct TV blacks it out, then I follow Hughes and Coomer on the radio.

15 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I’ve watched 95% of the games so far this season. When at work(24 hrs) I sometimes have to follow on phone, when home I watch unless Direct TV blacks it out, then I follow Hughes and Coomer on the radio.

Yeah I have watched probably 100 games like I posted earlier, the others I just go by what play by play gives me on ESPN or MLB. 

-Cubs are now up 9-1 in the 5th, we are rolling tonight!

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Cubs go on to win tonight, they statistically have an 84% chance of winning the NL Central now per MLB. The Standings would look like this:

1. Cubs 89-62 - 11 games would be left

2. Brewers 86-66 (3.5 back) 10 games left

3. Cards 84-68 (5.5 back) 10 games left

Cubs do indeed win! Above are the standings after September 18th games. A 3.5 game lead (4 in the loss column) is pretty significant considering there are only 10 games left. The Division hasn't been won yet but it's real close now. I did not want the Cubs to be in that Wildcard game, that is dangerous because 1 Bad game and your season is over. Fly the flag Hozer, this has been a nerve racking season but about to pay off at least with a Division Title. The Cards are a Very Good team and the Brewers are very talented and have been pests all season. The NL Central as a whole is solid, even the Pirates are above .500 at 76-74. 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs do indeed win! Above are the standings after September 18th games. A 3.5 game lead (4 in the loss column) is pretty significant considering there are only 10 games left. The Division hasn't been won yet but it's real close now. I did not want the Cubs to be in that Wildcard game, that is dangerous because 1 Bad game and your season is over. Fly the flag Hozer, this has been a nerve racking season but about to pay off at least with a Division Title. The Cards are a Very Good team and the Brewers are very talented and have been pests all season. The NL Central as a whole is solid, even the Pirates are above .500 at 76-74. 

The way it looks we would face the wild card winner regardless.....so the Cards or the Brewers despite them being perhaps the second best team in the NL. Not really fair as I would much rather face the Braves.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I am at home I watch all the games live. All of them are on in Indianapolis. I have probably watched at least around 100 or so, the others I have had to follow when working. I have no way of watching at work so I follow the play by play at work on ESPN.com or MLB.com like last night and tonight so far. 

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

Ah okay make sense, I didnt even know Indy got Cubs games 2006, and makes sense I remembered you are a firefighter Hozer. Just sometimes with your guys responses it seemed as though it was play by play unless a national game so I wonder. I mean I have MLB.tv out here is SW MO which helps if I am out I can still watch. Unless cards game then I am stuck with Jay's broadcasters who I find terrible

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

The way it looks we would face the wild card winner regardless.....so the Cards or the Brewers despite them being perhaps the second best team in the NL. Not really fair as I would much rather face the Braves.

I agree, the Braves may be the worst team in the Playoffs. I would even say LA is more dangerous. At least if we face the Brewers or Cards it wont be a 1 game elimination. That would've been scary.

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ah okay make sense, I didnt even know Indy got Cubs games 2006, and makes sense I remembered you are a firefighter Hozer. Just sometimes with your guys responses it seemed as though it was play by play unless a national game so I wonder. I mean I have MLB.tv out here is SW MO which helps if I am out I can still watch. Unless cards game then I am stuck with Jay's broadcasters who I find terrible

Alot of my Posts on here I do play by play for the fun of it, it also is good for the people that aren't watching the game. When I have time I keep the Cubs games updated by doing that. All of the Cubs are on here in Indianapolis. Either on NBSCH which is a Chicago channel or WNDY which is an Indy channel that has a contract to cover a certain amount of Cubs games. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Alot of my Posts on here I do play by play for the fun of it, it also is good for the people that aren't watching the game. When I have time I keep the Cubs games updated by doing that. All of the Cubs are on here in Indianapolis. Either on NBSCH which is a Chicago channel or WNDY which is an Indy channel that has a contract to cover a certain amount of Cubs games. 

Ah okay, I mean there Have been a few where just the reaction to something major wasnt there and that was the surprise. And well nice I never knew that was there

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would lmao if somehow the Brewers miss the Playoffs with the way their fans have been talking smack all season on the ESPN message boards. They still play 3 games at St Louis coming up. I hope the Cards take them to school :banana:

Wishful thinking Brother at least on missing the Playoffs , wont happen . Lol and that's to bad :funny:

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Wich ones in particular ?

Cubs down 10-4 lmao. That is why they play the games, 162 of them haha. Almost too many games to watch and follow. I have followed this season closely and haven't missed hardly any Cubs games at all whether it be watching them or following their play by play on the Internet. There are so many ups and downs in this game. Next season I am going to ease up a bit on watching and following all the games. It's just exhausting to do so and to stressful to do when you want them to win so badly and they lay an egg. I usually don't watch or follow every game in a season, this season I have. I usually just keep an eye on the standings and watch a game here and there until August rolls around. Playoffs can't get here fast enough.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fly the flag Hozer, huge win over the Southsiders! Cubs are now 90-64 on the season. The cherry on top was the Brewers losing as well. Cubs now have a 2.5 game lead in the NL Central. It's 4.5 over the Cards. Only 8 games left for the Cubs.

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Dan guy and whoever color is. Just never seems informed with opinions on other teams and with regard to that trashes them. Sadly Bob Brenley former Cubs broadcaster did that to Cubs while a Dbacks annoucer. Also still blame Cardinals for Joe Buck :) 

Well I don't like Joe either he is nothing like his dad was . My favorite is probably Jim Edmonds when he does it , I also like Al Hrabosky  , used to like McCarver but he gets on my nerves , I wish Mike Shannon was doing it but having issues with age.

8 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well I don't like Joe either he is nothing like his dad was . My favorite is probably Jim Edmonds when he does it , I also like Al Hrabosky  , used to like McCarver but he gets on my nerves , I wish Mike Shannon was doing it but having issues with age.

I dont think anyone likes Joe Buck, just as non cardinals fans we get to blame you guys for him :) And I get for me its always Cubs/Cards Broadcast when I do see but it just seems sometimes over the top to me. And last year when they clinched I was annoyed cuz it was your guys' broadcast and not my MLB.tv broadcast

Archived