Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Right now the main difference I see with the Cubs and Brewers is, they are more hungry. Talent wise the 2 teams are close but the Cubs have slightly more talent IMO. Their BullPen is better because they have Hader but overall I think we have the better Roster. They are a team that hasn't won anything much like the Cubs were back in 2016, therefore they have something to prove. That is just the way I see it. Cubs better wakeup and get that fire back otherwise they are going to give the Division away.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tired of the woe is me we are worn out with no days off Cubs excuses. They better get it straightened out because this team is WAY too talented to play a 1 game playoff to make the playoffs. No excuses for this junk they are putting out there. Either play some of the younger guys and leave some vets home for a series to freshen up or they need to toughen up. The Brewers are just a hungry team...and the Cubs are back to looking entitled. Nobody is going to roll over for them down the stretch...even the teams out of the race.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm tired of the woe is me we are worn out with no days off Cubs excuses. They better get it straightened out because this team is WAY too talented to play a 1 game playoff to make the playoffs. No excuses for this junk they are putting out there. Either play some of the younger guys and leave some vets home for a series to freshen up or they need to toughen up. The Brewers are just a hungry team...and the Cubs are back to looking entitled. Nobody is going to roll over for them down the stretch...even the teams out of the race.

At this point I can't disagree. We look entitled and the Brewers look hungry, sad to say.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At this point I can't disagree. We look entitled and the Brewers look hungry, sad to say.

The fact of the matter you try going to work 30 straight days flying to nine cities. Imagine you are a lawyer and you have a case every day for a month including weekends that is on trial. You also are going from Chicago to NY or PA or GA or so many cities and trying to keep track. The fact of the matter MLB screwed the Cubs. That crap on Friday with the cancel game at 1145 to make a DH the next day. Or scheduling the make up game today in WAS when who knows if it will be even needed. They are having sleeping problems and unlike the Brewers dont get days off. Brewers have 4 days off left this season and still dont have to worry about rainouts like we have

43 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The fact of the matter you try going to work 30 straight days flying to nine cities. Imagine you are a lawyer and you have a case every day for a month including weekends that is on trial. You also are going from Chicago to NY or PA or GA or so many cities and trying to keep track. The fact of the matter MLB screwed the Cubs. That crap on Friday with the cancel game at 1145 to make a DH the next day. Or scheduling the make up game today in WAS when who knows if it will be even needed. They are having sleeping problems and unlike the Brewers dont get days off. Brewers have 4 days off left this season and still dont have to worry about rainouts like we have

We look more focused today.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We look more focused today.

Well here's the thing. These hamstring injuries and small pulls that our guys are getting could be attributed to this crap of schedule and no time off to rest whatsoever. I feel with Strop today he shouldn't have been hitting or at least not trying to hit much at all, but I feel the injury was cuz of the stretch of so many games and sleeping problems with being on the road so much

16 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well here's the thing. These hamstring injuries and small pulls that our guys are getting could be attributed to this crap of schedule and no time off to rest whatsoever. I feel with Strop today he shouldn't have been hitting or at least not trying to hit much at all, but I feel the injury was cuz of the stretch of so many games and sleeping problems with being on the road so much

Strop says he will be ok as I  heard in the post game but Maddon will sit him out because of caution. Overall MVP is healthy now, so is Rizzo, Baez, Hamels, and Murph. This has been tough on all of us because the Brewers have been playing unreal but we will be fine :thmup: 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Strop says he will be ok as I  heard in the post game but Maddon will sit him out because of caution. Overall MVP is healthy now, so is Rizzo, Baez, Hamels, and Murph. This has been tough on all of us because the Brewers have been playing unreal but we will be fine :thmup: 

He is now saying be out at least two weeks

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Excuses. Champions overcome! They've become soft with all the pats on the back and atta boys from winning the WS a couple years ago. Tom Brady doesn't make excuses on Thursday night games and playing SBs without Gronk. Peyton Manning couldn't feel his finger tips but that didn't stop him. I realize with the rain outs the Cubs don't have days off etc...but everyone is tired at this point....they've all played 130 or whatever games. But those that succeed in life don't make excuses when the going gets tough. Michael Jordan plays through the flu and still gets it done in the finals. Lance Armstrong cycled with like one nad and won how many Tours de France? Ok...bad example lol...we get the point. I just don't want to hear Maddon crying about it. Either grow some balls and do something about it and rest guys for a series so they can make the home stretch and trust your young guys and do some creative managing or step down. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me. It's not like they are flying coach and forced to stay at the roadside inn.

They toughed out a good win against Washington...so hopefully they will continue to get tough.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Excuses. Champions overcome! They've become soft with all the pats on the back and atta boys from winning the WS a couple years ago. Tom Brady doesn't make excuses on Thursday night games and playing SBs without Gronk. Peyton Manning couldn't feel his finger tips but that didn't stop him. I realize with the rain outs the Cubs don't have days off etc...but everyone is tired at this point....they've all played 130 or whatever games. But those that succeed in life don't make excuses when the going gets tough. Michael Jordan plays through the flu and still gets it done in the finals. Lance Armstrong cycled with like one nad and won how many Tours de France? Ok...bad example lol...we get the point. I just don't want to hear Maddon crying about it. Either grow some balls and do something about it and rest guys for a series so they can make the home stretch and trust your young guys and do some creative managing or step down. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me. It's not like they are flying coach and forced to stay at the roadside inn.

They toughed out a good win against Washington...so hopefully they will continue to get tough.

Again none of those players play 30 straight days or are forced to go to park and routine. It be different if the cold, excuse wouldnt be there. That is why with all this it has to do with playing field is uneven other teams are not being forced to do this. MLB screwed up. No matter what you fly in or stay in they still got to go to work and have it postponed after preparing and not just having one day to actually reset

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

At least. Now we got 4 pitchers who pitched tonight who were not on 25 to begin year

This has been a long tough/stressful year but we are still in 1st. Brewers are on our tail, not sure how it will play out? In a 1 game Wildcard situation I will still feel ok about it if Hamels pitches. 

10 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Again none of those players play 30 straight days or are forced to go to park and routine. It be different if the cold, excuse wouldnt be there. That is why with all this it has to do with playing field is uneven other teams are not being forced to do this. MLB screwed up. No matter what you fly in or stay in they still got to go to work and have it postponed after preparing and not just having one day to actually reset

How is this MLBs fault? They can't control the weather. You get rained out you make it up whenever there is an opening on the schedule. It isn't ideal...but teams face adversity. People get hurt others step up etc etc. If the Cubs starters need a day off...take it...and then make sure your subs step up and help this team to win to keep pace....or perhaps you build a lead so you can rest your team....all that messing around in April and May etc cost you....it's their own fault they are where they are. Everyone plays the games...teams can say well I have to face tough teams down the stretch or our reliever is hurt....it just is what it is and the true test is if you overcome the obstacle that is right in front of you. It's what makes great people great. They get up each day and tackle the job in front of them one step one day at a time and do it with the same level of attention to detail and effort as the day before and the next. I'm not saying it doesn't suck...they didn't get dealt a raw hand by the baseball "gods" if you will...but if they are as good as I think they should be they should have been able to handle this. They are one of the deepest teams in baseball....they don't need to be feeling sorry for themselves etc...and I don't think they will be...but I just don't want to hear about excuses.

Cubs beat Reds 1-0, I'll take it. Whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, doesn't matter. A win is a win. The Brewers have won like 10 games by 1 run this season. They also lead the league in Walkoff wins = lucky butt team. My new nickname for the Brewers are the Milwaukee Walkoffs! 

-Cards lost again today so the Cubs are now 6.5 ahead of them, I hate to say this because Jay is a great friend of mine but the Cards look done. Cubs are currently 2 games ahead of the Brewers in the NL Central. Cubs now have a 99% chance to at least make the Playoffs :funny:.

Hozer, you know what time it is my friend :banana:

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

How is this MLBs fault? They can't control the weather. You get rained out you make it up whenever there is an opening on the schedule. It isn't ideal...but teams face adversity. People get hurt others step up etc etc. If the Cubs starters need a day off...take it...and then make sure your subs step up and help this team to win to keep pace....or perhaps you build a lead so you can rest your team....all that messing around in April and May etc cost you....it's their own fault they are where they are. Everyone plays the games...teams can say well I have to face tough teams down the stretch or our reliever is hurt....it just is what it is and the true test is if you overcome the obstacle that is right in front of you. It's what makes great people great. They get up each day and tackle the job in front of them one step one day at a time and do it with the same level of attention to detail and effort as the day before and the next. I'm not saying it doesn't suck...they didn't get dealt a raw hand by the baseball "gods" if you will...but if they are as good as I think they should be they should have been able to handle this. They are one of the deepest teams in baseball....they don't need to be feeling sorry for themselves etc...and I don't think they will be...but I just don't want to hear about excuses.

They cant control the weather, but they can schedule the game at the end of the season as only if needed crap. Or when its been pouring down rain and it stops for 5 minutes but the radar says it is going to rain again soon you dont start the game and waste the pitcher. When it is 10 o'clock and the game has not been going you call it not at 1145. This is all on MLB. They decide on it. It forces players into bad spots that they can get hurt in. People complain with NBA when stars sit when not injured the fact baseball you do sit stars sometimes but not an entire series. This was a screw job with Washington Series completely. And deepest really? Offensively, maybe still. Bullpen not at all when Rosario, De La Rosa and Cishek have closed the last three days no. 

48 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They cant control the weather, but they can schedule the game at the end of the season as only if needed crap. Or when its been pouring down rain and it stops for 5 minutes but the radar says it is going to rain again soon you dont start the game and waste the pitcher. When it is 10 o'clock and the game has not been going you call it not at 1145. This is all on MLB. They decide on it. It forces players into bad spots that they can get hurt in. People complain with NBA when stars sit when not injured the fact baseball you do sit stars sometimes but not an entire series. This was a screw job with Washington Series completely. And deepest really? Offensively, maybe still. Bullpen not at all when Rosario, De La Rosa and Cishek have closed the last three days no. 

I do agree a couple bad decisions but you can’t hold up the post season to play games “if needed” those fans paid for tickets and the games should be made up as soon as possible. I guarantee if the cubs had to play them then they would cry about moving them to the end and wearing out pitchers before the playoffs. I just don’t want to hear people crying about it. I liked what they did today and looking for places to rest guys etc...but every body faces their own adversity...MLB reschedules ESPN Sunday night baseball and forces teams to travel all night and then play a morning game etc. happens to everyone not just the Cubs that’s all. Go Cubs...keep it up!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I do agree a couple bad decisions but you can’t hold up the post season to play games “if needed” those fans paid for tickets and the games should be made up as soon as possible. I guarantee if the cubs had to play them then they would cry about moving them to the end and wearing out pitchers before the playoffs. I just don’t want to hear people crying about it. I liked what they did today and looking for places to rest guys etc...but every body faces their own adversity...MLB reschedules ESPN Sunday night baseball and forces teams to travel all night and then play a morning game etc. happens to everyone not just the Cubs that’s all. Go Cubs...keep it up!

Actually it would not holp up Post season play. There is a gap for ties and everything. The cubs would rather have done that Maddon even said it was the flying back and forth tiring. Also ESPN was trying to to NY and it got pulled because NY threatened to stop allowing interviews

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs beat Reds 1-0, I'll take it. Whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, doesn't matter. A win is a win. The Brewers have won like 10 games by 1 run this season. They also lead the league in Walkoff wins = lucky butt team. My new nickname for the Brewers are the Milwaukee Walkoffs! 

-Cards lost again today so the Cubs are now 6.5 ahead of them, I hate to say this because Jay is a great friend of mine but the Cards look done. Cubs are currently 2 games ahead of the Brewers in the NL Central. Cubs now have a 99% chance to at least make the Playoffs :funny:.

Hozer, you know what time it is my friend :banana:

Not giving in just yet , lol just half a game out of WC . In the absence of Molina the pithing staff wasn't the same. Dodgers pitching is going better now so you must still watch out there. The Cards are pitching Wainright today , that I don't agree with . Time to retire , since letting him back in rotation the pitching has went down hill, stretching to long between starts has took away from sharpness I believe. Oh well we shall see what transpires. As I said before regardless of what happens proud of the run they made.

20 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Not giving in just yet , lol just half a game out of WC . In the absence of Molina the pithing staff wasn't the same. Dodgers pitching is going better now so you must still watch out there. The Cards are pitching Wainright today , that I don't agree with . Time to retire , since letting him back in rotation the pitching has went down hill, stretching to long between starts has took away from sharpness I believe. Oh well we shall see what transpires. As I said before regardless of what happens proud of the run they made.

Yeah the Cards were on fire and made a heck of a run to get back in this Playoff race. What I meant by done is, is winning the Division. They can still make a Wildcard so I agree there. The Dodgers are starting to play well so that is a problem. Good luck the rest of the way. I was hoping the Cubs and Cards both would make the Playoffs just for entertainment purposes.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Cards were on fire and made a heck of a run to get back in this Playoff race. What I meant by done is, is winning the Division. They can still make a Wildcard so I agree there. The Dodgers are starting to play well so that is a problem. Good luck the rest of the way. I was hoping the Cubs and Cards both would make the Playoffs just for entertainment purposes.

The Dodgers took over the division last night , their pitching is coming around . That being said if they make it they are very dangerous with a shortened rotation and that line-up.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Dodgers took over the division last night , their pitching is coming around . That being said if they make it they are very dangerous with a shortened rotation and that line-up.

Actually if they win the Division, you guys still have a decent shot at the final Wildcard spot the more I think about it because you may finish better than the Rockies. Brewers or Cubs will get the 1st Wildcard spot IMO = whoever doesn't win the Division. Braves are in cruise control in the NL East.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually if they win the Division, you guys still have a decent shot at the final Wildcard spot the more I think about it because you may finish better than the Rockies. Brewers or Cubs will get the 1st Wildcard spot IMO = whoever doesn't win the Division. Braves are in cruise control in the NL East.

Cubs are in , I have no doubt . Regardless when playoffs start throw the records out the window.

Archived