Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was hoping the Cubs would try for him too, Theo may of but Hamels is working out great. I do think deGrom should win Cy Young. Had the Cards got deGrom you guys would be real scary! You already are as it is.

I know they didn't jump in to FA much , however they had their eyes set on some coming out this off season. They have the money to lure what they want.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I know they didn't jump in to FA much , however they had their eyes set on some coming out this off season. They have the money to lure what they want.

Yeah I see the Cubs and Cards being Good again next season. They have great Front offices. Brewers will be too if they don't lose any key players.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Good morning, gentlemen. Looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up with. How are you doing? Hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Back at you , gonna rain all weekend , calling for around 4 inches . Im doing ok all things considered .

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reading on other websites, Brewers fans thought for sure they were going to land deGrom. So glad that didn't happen. Imagine if they had deGrom? They would go from pesky to making me do this :tvsmash:

I had read that it was Zach Wheeler that the Brewers were trying to trade for. He has pitched very well the last two months. His ERA has to be around 2.50 or less since July.

7 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I find it amazing we are even discussing this , with the Wacha and Martinez on DL for so long. Wacha was on his way to a career year.

I tell you right now...this Cardinal team reminds me of the Cubs like 3 years ago when they upset the Cardinals and made it to the NLCS. I could easily see the Cards get revenge to the Cubs this year....you are a very dangerous team...the one I least want to play in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I tell you right now...this Cardinal team reminds me of the Cubs like 3 years ago when they upset the Cardinals and made it to the NLCS. I could easily see the Cards get revenge to the Cubs this year....you are a very dangerous team...the one I least want to play in the playoffs.

Yes they are Ozuna has caught fire a big plus , doing what they brought him in to do. We have to make it before you worry to much lol , and the Cubs are playing well also. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope she is feeling better after seeing the chiropractor. 

No worries she has been going twice a month. She just cant see to drive. So I am literally her eyes anywhere but inside our home. For those who did not know she recently lost her sight so its been an adjustment.

5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

No worries she has been going twice a month. She just cant see to drive. So I am literally her eyes anywhere but inside our home. For those who did not know she recently lost her sight so its been an adjustment.

Sorry about that Jay, I think you may have told me a few weeks ago, anyway that is rough especially with you working alot too.  

15 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Sorry to hear that bud, has to be rough.  I’m sure she is very greatful to have you there for her to help her through this. Life can definitely throw you a curveball from time to time. :(

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Ugh. 

Yeah that wasn't a good day, got swept in the doubleheader. Brewers are now only 2.5 back in the NL Central. Cards are still 5 back though as they have lost 2 in a row to the Tigers. Cubs have 1 more with the Nats today, then a huge 3 game series with the Brewers starting tomorrow in Wrigley. The series against the Brewers will show us alot.

Cubs are down 2-1 in the Top of the 6th to the Brewers. The Cardinals lost to the Pirates 4-3 so even if the Cubs lose they will remain 3.5 ahead of the Cards in the NL Central. With a win tonight, the Brewers will only be 1 game out in the NL Central. Still 2 back in the loss column. If the Cubs comeback and win, they will be 3 ahead of the Brewers and 4.5 ahead of the Cards. After tonight the Cubs and Brewers have no more games left vs each other. 

Brewers won 5-1. Only positive to take from this is, we still have a 1 game lead in the Division and 2 ahead in the loss column. We won the season series 11-7, I am not sure how tiebreakers work in the MLB regarding the Division. If anyone knows please Post. I have tried looking it up and still can't find a clear answer. So not sure what would happen if the Cubs and Brewers end up with the same record?  The Cardinals remain 3.5 games back in the NL Central so we have breathing room there anyway.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers won 5-1. Only positive to take from this is, we still have a 1 game lead in the Division and 2 ahead in the loss column. We won the season series 11-7, I am not sure how tiebreakers work in the MLB regarding the Division. If anyone knows please Post. I have tried looking it up and still can't find a clear answer. So not sure what would happen if the Cubs and Brewers end up with the same record?  The Cardinals remain 3.5 games back in the NL Central so we have breathing room there anyway.

Quote:

One-game tiebreakers are played between teams tied for a division championship or a league's second wildcard berth. These games are to be played the day after the season is scheduled to end

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_tie-breaking_procedures

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Quote:

One-game tiebreakers are played between teams tied for a division championship or a league's second wildcard berth. These games are to be played the day after the season is scheduled to end

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_tie-breaking_procedures

So I guess winning the season series means nothing lmao . I would at least think if it comes to that, the game would be at Wrigley because we won the season series.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So I guess winning the season series means nothing lmao . I would at least think if it comes to that, the game would be at Wrigley because we won the season series.

I think that is right. To determine seeding, the team with the better record head to head is awarded the higher seed and therefore the game would be played in the higher seeded team's home ballpark.

Archived