Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I wish I believed Bryant is healthy. I think there is something wrong with his shoulder. He hasn’t hit with power all season. Something is up. That said Bote should split time with Schwerber in Left (start against lefties) and keep Bryant fresh at third. Only issue is that likely sits Zobriest more than I like so maybe Baez plays some short. But I agree Bote needs to keep playing.

Bryant himself says he no longer feels pain in the shoulder, just said it on Sunday before the Nats game. Cubs are just being cautious with him and don't want to rush him back. Cubs are able to do that because Bote has played so well and Joe is being smart because he knows if Bryant re-injures the shoulder his season will be over. September and October are more important in Cubs FO eyes. Theo even said that he has no doubt Bryant will be back soon and has strengthen the shoulder over the last 3 weeks. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets not even get started with Murphy :Cry:

That was my same silence response. I will always hold it against Sandy Alderson for not re-signing Murph and Reyes when they and David Wright were our best everyday players. 

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

He's kept them in these games , very productive.

That is what he did when he was a Met. Whenever we were down and we needed to rally, I would ask myself, "When is Murph coming up?" He always got on base to get things going.  I miss Murph. 

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

If the Cards win tonight I would be elated , because they won the series . I cant ask more than that or lol maybe a sweep ? 2-0 Cards in 5th

I agree but why not get greedy haha. I had you guys winning this series 3-1 going in because you are at home and hot. Never know, they may win all 4?

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was my same silence response. I will always hold it against Sandy Alderson for not re-signing Murph and Reyes when they and David Wright were our best everyday players. 

That is what he did when he was a Met. Whenever we were down and we needed to rally, I would ask myself, "When is Murph coming up?" He always got on base to get things going.  I miss Murph. 

Yeah after the 2015 Season I thought the Mets would be right up there with teams like the Cubs, Dodgers, Cards, and Nats for years. Baseball can be cruel sometimes and you can go from Great to Bad real quickly. That is why I am not taking for granted what the Cubs have accomplished over the last 4 seasons. I am enjoying it while they are Good to Great. Eventhough they do drive me nuts at times. Cubs got their Ring in 2016 and have put a solid product on the field since the 2015 Season.

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you he's a real pro . Liked him in NY and I like him now. Can play for my team any day.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are like me when the Cubs play. I was still nervous when the Cubs were even up 7-2 in the 7th Inning because I have seen the Brewers pull out some miraculous DooDoo this season.

Yep did against the Cards during the Matheny era came from 4 down in the 9th if I recall.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4 Runs is pretty comfortable lead. The Nats just look like a team that doesn't have it this year. The Braves looked poised to take that Division, Philly is Good too. If the Nats don't make the Playoffs I wonder if they blow up the team? Harper has been rumored as wanting out.

I think they have to make some changes , maybe more toward younger .

Archived