Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

HR by Benny, down 10-6 now. Rockies now lead the Brewers 5-4 in the 11th, time for a dramatic walkoff by the Brewers in the Bottom of the 11th, stay tuned :thmup:

Don't predict the Brewers will win. I say they will lose. :thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well, Rizzo gets called out on a 3rd strike that was outside. Game over and a fitting way to end this crap fest. Great news is the Brewers lost, so no harm done and we still are 1 game ahead in 1st place. We need to get Bryant, Darvish, and Morrow back by mid August because the Brewers are no joke. 

This was one of the worst ump crews in major. It is such a pathetic crew. CB Buckner and Angel Hernandez. Add Joe West and wins as the worst possible one

Cubs beat the Royals 5-0 and the Padres put the complete smack down on the Brewers 11-5 in Milwaukee! NL Central Standings as of the end of August 7th looks like this:

Cubs 66-47 *best record in the NL overall

Brewers 65-51 (2.5 back)

Cardinals 59-55 (7.5 back)

Pirates 58-56 (8.5 back)

Reds 49-64 (17 back)

-Looking great folks as of now. We have been winning without Kris Bryant too. He is due back soon, not sure when? His MRI on his shoulder came back negative. There is no structural damage so he will be back. Joe is just being cautious because the Cubs need him healthy to make a long Playoff run. Luckily the Cubs have alot of depth so they have the luxury of resting Bryant. Bote has played well. Baez is having an MVP type season as well which has helped carried the Cubs. The addition of Cole Hamels to the Pitching staff is paying off so far too. He is 2-0.

15 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards up 5  to 1 going into bottom of the 8th . The Bull pen looks great since they made moves and went with youth. Youth on starting staff pitching very well also the future looks very bright for them.

Cubs are down 2-0 in the 5th right now and the Brewers are up 6-0 in the 5th. 

17 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Mets finally won a game that deGrom pitched. They beat the Reds 8-0. The guy has a 1.77 ERA and his record is under .500. The kids (guys from minors) are playing well. I want to see the kids the rest of the way. 

Since the Mets held pat with their hand this year they HAVE to go all in. They have a great young staff....it is now or never. They are never going to have as good of a chance to make a jump back into the post season. I say this off season sign Kimbrel and either Machado or Harper...fill in some holes with some affordable talent...maybe bring back Murphy and really make a run at this thing. Hopefully Cespedes comes back healthy and a young guy or two develops but dang they can't go another year like this one can they?

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Since the Mets held pat with their hand this year they HAVE to go all in. They have a great young staff....it is now or never. They are never going to have as good of a chance to make a jump back into the post season. I say this off season sign Kimbrel and either Machado or Harper...fill in some holes with some affordable talent...maybe bring back Murphy and really make a run at this thing. Hopefully Cespedes comes back healthy and a young guy or two develops but dang they can't go another year like this one can they?

The Mets have 2 ACE's which is a huge luxury, alot of teams don't have that. Cubs don't even have that. If they get some Good Hitting they could be dangerous next season.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I disagree with signing a bunch of free agents, especially high-priced ones. This is why we cannot sustain any success. Winning comes from drafting well and making smart trades for young players that will grow together. Old teams don't win anymore.  Mets have never had success with free agent hitters. Trades have worked better but not great. Do you you remember telling me that you thought Neil Walker was better for the Mets than Murphy? Walker was not bad but he was not great. He is no longer with the Mets. I would have preferred Murph. Murph used to get on base consistently. We have not had that since he left. 

I don't want Machado or any other high-priced player. I was disappointed that they re-signed Cespedes. I want youth, speed, and guys who hit for average.

I wish the Mets built the team like the Vikings do. 

As of now on August 9th, Cubs have a 2 game lead over the Brewers, 6.5 over the Cards, and 7.5 over the Pirates. I will take that considering Kris Bryant has missed alot of games. We have spotted these teams our best player for roughly 30% of the season (Bryant has missed 38 games) and still in 1st in the NL Central as mid August is approaching. 

Archived