Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

deGrom looks unhittable right now I agree, that is why you guys need to trade him to the Cubs :rock:

deGrom pitched 7 scoreless innings, lowering his ERA. He has a 1-0 lead. Let's see if the Mets can win it. The Marlins have a man on and a man out in the 8th. Lugo is pitching.

I heard on the Mets broadcast that Matt Harvey pitched very well for the Reds yesterday. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

deGrom pitched 7 scoreless innings, lowering his ERA. He has a 1-0 lead. Let's see if the Mets can win it. The Marlins have a man on and a man out in the 8th. Lugo is pitching.

I heard on the Mets broadcast that Matt Harvey pitched very well for the Reds yesterday. 

Closer blew the save. Mets lost 2-1.

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah Harvey looks solid so far for the Reds. Sometimes a change in atmosphere does a player good.

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Cubs shutout, offense doesn’t show up, again! Base hits is all we need....BASE HITS!!! What the heck.:wall:

Oh well....  GoCubsGo!!!!!

Yeah very frustrating. Russell missed a 3 run HR in the 2nd Inning by like a foot and Rizzo got thrown out at home in the 7th. 0 Runs is really mindboggling. A Great wasted Pitching performance by Lester.

11 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Cubs shutout, offense doesn’t show up, again! Base hits is all we need....BASE HITS!!! What the heck.:wall:

Oh well....  GoCubsGo!!!!!

Same with the Mets. They scored 5 runs in a 3 game series against the team with the worst ERA!!! Now they play the Brewers who have the best bullpen ERA (CBE, Mets broadcasters also mentioned it, but you mentioned it here FIRST ).  Mets play the Brewers, Braves, and Cubs next before interleague play.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah very frustrating. Russell missed a 3 run HR in the 2nd Inning by like a foot and Rizzo got thrown out at home in the 7th. 0 Runs is really mindboggling. A Great wasted Pitching performance by Lester.

Great pitching wasted.

Speaking of pitching, Jake is in the running for the Cy Young award. He pitched a shutout today. He is pitching well. Cubs wished they had him back.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Same with the Mets. They scored 5 runs in a 3 game series against the team with the worst ERA!!! Now they play the Brewers who have the best bullpen ERA (CBE, Mets broadcasters also mentioned it, but you mentioned it here FIRST ).  Mets play the Brewers, Braves, and Cubs next before interleague play.

OUCH! That is a tough schedule, at least the Cubs get a 3 game set with the Giants starting Friday. I am still not even taking that for granted the way we are playing.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A funny thing happened when I went to mom's on Mothers Day. Cubs lost to the Braves that Sunday. My step-dad and I were talking about it and out of nowhere my mom looked at me and said the Cubs suck this year don't they :funny:. I looked at her and said where did that come from? She said, I know I watch a little and they are nothing like they were when they won it all. She said, that team was unbeatable. I walked away thinking, damn even my mom thinks the Cubs are Bad!

They are not bad , they could use a couple pitchers to prop up the pen , but they are far from bad .

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we can dominate the BrewCrew but lose to teams like the Reds and Whitesox LOL.

Sounds like the Mets. We can't score more than 5 runs in 3 games against the Marlins who have the worst ERA, but we score 5 runs in one game against the BrewCrew. :dunno:

I think ever since we won it all Maddon treats the Regular Season as a Science Project now. Curses and BillyGoats gone so he has become the Mad Scientist playing with house money. He probably figures we will make the Playoffs anyway because of talent so he tries different things. He starts a different lineup every day LOL. Zobrist is the leadoff Hitter today.

Mets score 3 runs in the first against the BrewCrew. But what is most noteworthy is that the starting pitcher threw 46 or 47 pitches in the inning. We will see their bullpen early, which may not be to Mets' benefit, as Brewers pen has the best ERA in the NL.

The Mets leave the bases loaded with the pitcher making the 3rd out. 

I have to leave home but hopefully Mets can get a win. 

Before I really judge the Cubs, I want to see how June plays out. So far we look like a borderline Playoff team as in final WC Spot material. We aren't playing like a Division Champ or a Contender for the WS and May is almost over. My concern level of winning the Division is at a 6 right now out of 10. The whole Division is Good. Making the Playoffs it is at only a 3 but even a 3 shows a little concern. June will show me a lot.

6 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Yeah the good news just keeps rolling in doesn't it? So far the Yu experiment hasn't worked. I was on here after we signed him and didn't re-sign Jake complaining until I was blue in the face. So far I look to be 100% right. Jake has been great in Philly and they have a better record than we do.

I am going to be honest, have no idea why the Cubs wouldn't of made Jake top priority in the offseason? He is still only 32 and has been a Top 5 Pitcher this decade that has Pitched Great in the Postseason. Instead we sign Yu to a ridiculous huge contract who basically single handedly lost the Dodgers the WS last year. Just makes 0 sense to me. Yeah, Theo and our FO have built a great team and he knows more than me, but the Jake and Yu thing just makes 0 sense.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before I really judge the Cubs, I want to see how June plays out. So far we look like a borderline Playoff team as in final WC Spot material. We aren't playing like a Division Champ or a Contender for the WS and May is almost over. My concern level of winning the Division is at a 6 right now out of 10. The whole Division is Good. Making the Playoffs it is at only a 3 but even a 3 shows a little concern. June will show me a lot.

honestly Brewers arent gonna continue this hot streak, the fact we hammered them multiple times they also are under 500 against teams that are over 500 

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

honestly Brewers arent gonna continue this hot streak, the fact we hammered them multiple times they also are under 500 against teams that are over 500 

Maybe, maybe not? I think the BrewCrew are better than last year. They won again today. I hope you are right though. Cubs are up 8-3 tonight, so all good tonight.

8 hours ago, GOZER said:

Glad you posted this . A friend of mine a Reds fan but a baseball fan like the rest of us , were having a discussion about Darvish . Allthough we both did not think he was an Ace but # 2 or 3 material we both suspicioned he was injured and something was not right , because we both know he is not this bad of a pitcher . This answers our question thanks for posting this brother .

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Just for me so far they dont look good against decent teams and i feel itll hurt them in the long run

I hope you are right. They just look better to me compared to last year and we don't look as good. Yeah we have beat them this year 6 out of 7 games but they have beat teams that we have no business losing too. Cubs have lost games to the freakin Reds, Marlins, and WhiteSox this year. We just dropped one to the Giants yesterday. Stuff is just frustrating and silly.

Cards take 2 of 3 in Pittsburg , will take it and be glad. My much awaited day comes Wednesday when Alex Reyes takes the hill against the Brew Crew . We need to take at least two of these three games to real them in a bit they have been red hot.

Archived