Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just end our misery Cards. I don't want this going 15 Innings, I need to go to sleep. We don't deserve to win this. Chance after chance like yesterday. SMH

I hear you me too

On to the 12th

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs go up 3-2 finally and then Fowler wins it with a 2 Run HR when nobody can score for Innings LOL. I have never seen anything like the last 2 days. Not our weekend I guess. That is beyond bad luck.

Wow just wow I went to bed with 2 outs no one on , Lol I just guess never give up. Sorry you stayed up for that to happen my friend. Really thought you all had this one.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Wow just wow I went to bed with 2 outs no one on , Lol I just guess never give up. Sorry you stayed up for that to happen my friend. Really thought you all had this one.

Yeah that was tough brother. Congrats on the sweep. Cards have a good team, the race should be tight all season.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's 7-6 Mets last I looked. Cubs are up 7-1 on the Marlins. The Cubs called the Doctor and ordered some Marlin!

Ha. You and I were thinking along the same wavelength. I wrote this (below in italics) earlier when the Mets were up 5-0, but I did not post it so that I did not jinx them. 

"What the doctor ordered to cure the Mets' woes:

The Reds. Mets are up 5-0"  

Mets did win 7-6. It should not have gotten to that.

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Ha. You and I were thinking along the same wavelength. I wrote this (below in italics) earlier when the Mets were up 5-0, but I did not post it so that I did not jinx them. 

"What the doctor ordered to cure the Mets' woes:

The Reds. Mets are up 5-0"  

Mets did win 7-6. It should not have gotten to that.

Baseball is a funny game. Cards sweep Cubs and cant even score a run vs the Twins at home. Twins are up 5-0 in the 8th. Cubs now up 12-2. Cubs will at least gain a game after that disaster of a weekend and only be 2.5 games back.

I am at work, didn't see that. What happened?

Groin “tightness,” came out of the game. They think he hurt him self during a play at second when he contorted his body to get the out.They think he hurt him self during a play at second when he contorted his body to get the out.

13 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Whew, haven’t flown this in a while!

36A8D1B3-DFEB-468C-96F6-1129EAD9872B.jpeg

Much needed. Cards lost as well so we are still in ok shape in the Division, after tonight it is:

Cards 20-13

Brewers 20-15

Pirates 19-16

Cubs 17-15

We are now just .5 behind the Pirates, and only 1.5 games behind the Brewers, 2.5 behind the Cards.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball is a funny game. Cards sweep Cubs and cant even score a run vs the Twins at home. Twins are up 5-0 in the 8th. Cubs now up 12-2. Cubs will at least gain a game after that disaster of a weekend and only be 2.5 games back.

Must have been to tired to swing the bat lol . All kidding aside this Romero kid for the Twins has pitched and won 2 games with ,000 ERA so he must have good stuff .

7 hours ago, GOZER said:

Groin “tightness,” came out of the game. They think he hurt him self during a play at second when he contorted his body to get the out.They think he hurt him self during a play at second when he contorted his body to get the out.

That's what Pham is dealing with.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Must have been to tired to swing the bat lol . All kidding aside this Romero kid for the Twins has pitched and won 2 games with ,000 ERA so he must have good stuff .

He may be, Everyone has a bad game. Cards will probably win the next 2. Cubs lost to the Reds earlier in the season :funny:

Cubs/Marlins tied top of the 8th. An attempt to bowl over Caratini led to some words being exchanged and benches clearing...Contreras was in the mix ready to hurt someone, Bryant lightens the mood by excecuting a tickle attack on Starlin Castro, lol! 

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Cubs/Marlins tied top of the 8th. An attempt to bowl over Caratini led to some words being exchanged and benches clearing...Contreras was in the mix ready to hurt someone, Bryant lightens the mood by excecuting a tickle attack on Starlin Castro, lol! 

We have an opportunity to get back within 1.5 games of 1st with a win. Cards lost to the Twins again.

For us Cubs fans the last 2 days were much needed after 2 heartbreaking losses to the Cardinals and getting swept. Surprisingly the Twins have beat the Cards the last 2 days allowing the Cubs to get back to only down 1.5 games. After tonight, the Standings will probably look like this:

Cards 20-14

BrewCrew 21-15

Pirates 20-16 (with a win) - they are still playing but up 9-5 over Whitesox

Cubs 18-15

-Other than the Reds who are 9-27, the whole NL Central is Good!

On 5/7/2018 at 9:50 PM, GOZER said:

When they talked about the groin thing yesterday and today I was like well if he's likely me hurts then but pretty quick to it being fine. With the fact he batted and played third and jumped I think he is now good

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

When they talked about the groin thing yesterday and today I was like well if he's likely me hurts then but pretty quick to it being fine. With the fact he batted and played third and jumped I think he is now good

I was surprised to see him back so soon, guess it was just precautionary  ....didn’t realize Heyward was on DL under concussion protocol, guess he slammed head on fence trying to catch Fowler’s homerun at end of last game against cardinals.

And Cubs sweep the Marlins, 13-4 today score. Rizzo Russell Bryant all had a homer and double at least one. Bryant's Home run was his 100th career exactly 3 years to the day of his first. Q had a quality start. Zagunis first career hit and Hancock pitched 1 2/3 allowed two run home run in first MLB game

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are now only 1 game out of 1st. This has been a great week so far. Brewers lost today as well, Pirates won. NL Central Standings are this after today:

Cards 20-14

BrewCrew 21-16

Pirates 21-16

Cubs 19-15

As far as the Cards it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Molina will be missed just how much over the next three weeks only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

As far as the Cards it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Molina will be missed just how much over the next three weeks only time will tell.

Yeah Injuries are always a huge part on how teams do and finish in Baseball. One reason why we haven't had a Repeat Champion since 2000 is because playing a 162 games schedule wears on every team.

Yeah Injuries are always a huge part on how teams do and finish in Baseball. One reason why we haven't had a Repeat Champion since 2000 is because playing a 162 games schedule wears on every team.

Yadi might be the single most important player the Cards have , as of the effect on the whole team. Intangibles of calling a game so on are greatly over looked anymore . Sports casters and writers are interested in hitting and throwing out base runners percentage. Not really the rest .

Not sure how this Cubs season will go but one thing is for sure, the Cubs are building a nice winning tradition over a number of seasons finally. We are no more the lovable losers, no more the team with a curse = Billy Goats/Bartman, or a laughing stock. I was doing some research and over the last 30 seasons (1988-2017) only 3 teams in the NL have even made it to the NLCS 3 seasons in a row with at least a WS win and the Cubs are 1 of them. The other 2 were the Braves from 1995-1999 who made it 5 in a row (won WS in 1995), Cards from 2011-2014 (won WS in 2011) who made it 4 in a row. Cubs have made 3 straight NLCS from 2015-2017 and won the WS in 2016. This season so far is a mystery on how it will end? Just some fun Cubs talk, we start a series with the beloved :sarcasm: Whitesox starting tomorrow.

14 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yadi might be the single most important player the Cards have , as of the effect on the whole team. Intangibles of calling a game so on are greatly over looked anymore . Sports casters and writers are interested in hitting and throwing out base runners percentage. Not really the rest .

Yeah you guys have some key injuries right now but still have maintained a solid record at 20-14.

My Decade awards for the 2000's, 2000-2009:

-Team of the Decade = New York Yankees. They won 2 WS in the decade (2000 and 2009). The 2000 Yankees are the last team to Repeat. It was a 3Peat! I chose them over the Boston RedSox who won 2 WS as well (2004 and 2007) because the Yankees had a 3Peat team in 2000 and the best single season team of the decade in 2009.

-Best Single Season Team of the Decade to win it all = 2009 New York Yankees. They went 103-59 and won the WS.

-Best Player of the Decade = Derek Jeter. Jeter's average was .317 for the decade, he made the All-Star Team 8 seasons during the decade, was a 2-Time World Champion in 2000 and 2009 in the decade, won 2000 WS MVP, and won 4 Gold Gloves that decade 2004-2006 and 2009.

*It was a Yankees decade to be remembered.

2010-2017 so far, only 2 seasons left in the decade - 2018 and 2019:

-Team of the Decade = SF Giants. They have won 3 WS so far this decade in 2010, 2012, and 2014.

-Best Single Season Team of the Decade to win it all = 2016 Chicago Cubs. They went 103-58 and won the WS.

-Best Player of the Decade = Madison Bumgarner. He has been 4-0 in WS games with a Save, 8-3 overall in the Post Season, is a 3-Time World Champion this decade, and won 2014 WS MVP.

*This holds as of now with only 2 seasons to go in 2018 and 2019.

Archived