Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Mets tried to make a comeback but fell short, losing 3-2. After a rocky first inning, Mets pitching allowed no runs the rest of the way although they surrendered 16 hits to the Braves. 

Hoping all our teams can get wins tomorrow. :goodluck:

Btw, did Jay's team win? 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through May 1st, so far here have been the top teams early on and biggest disappointments:

AL East leader = RedSox at 21-8

AL Central leader = Indians at 15-13

AL West leader = Astros 20-11

NL East leader = Matt Harvey and the Mets 17-10

NL Central leader = Cubs 16-11

NL West leader = Diamondbacks 21-8

-By far the most disappointing team has been the Dodgers, what is up with them! They are 12-17 and 9 games behind the D-Backs in the NL West. I know it's early but 9 is a lot. Biggest surprise to me has been the Braves, they are currently 17-11 and only a half game behind the Mets in the NL East.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, Myles said:

I still think the Cubs will pull away.   Probably lead the division by 4 games by the end of May.  The Cards, Pirates and Bucks will be in a log jam just a couple games over .500.   

Lol your the most pestimistic Cards fan I know , don't mean anything bad by it but have a little faith .They may have the best feeder system in the league .

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, Myles said:

As a Cards fan, I hope so.   I just don't think they have the pieces.  The Cubs have too much talent to not keep winning 7 or 8 out of 10 for a while.

I think they have plenty and that may require sitting or releasing some high dollar players. They are loaded in AAA , and if Wong Carpenter and Fowler cant produce they are not hard to replace. There are 3 to 4 very good looking starters in pitching department and don't forget I look for Reyes around the first or middle of June , I am glad they didn't rush and built his arm strength. Very well could be the second ace down the stretch. Lol I could use a fellow Cards fan for encouragement in here . Anyway glad your back and posting lol

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Mets tried to make a comeback but fell short, losing 3-2. After a rocky first inning, Mets pitching allowed no runs the rest of the way although they surrendered 16 hits to the Braves. 

Hoping all our teams can get wins tomorrow. :goodluck:

Btw, did Jay's team win? 

Walk off just finished watching

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Through May 1st, so far here have been the top teams early on and biggest disappointments:

AL East leader = RedSox at 21-8

AL Central leader = Indians at 15-13

AL West leader = Astros 20-11

NL East leader = Matt Harvey and the Mets 17-10

NL Central leader = Cubs 16-11

NL West leader = Diamondbacks 21-8

-By far the most disappointing team has been the Dodgers, what is up with them! They are 12-17 and 9 games behind the D-Backs in the NL West. I know it's early but 9 is a lot. Biggest surprise to me has been the Braves, they are currently 17-11 and only a half game behind the Mets in the NL East.

I see that the Brew Crew and Cubs are tied for first. 

The most surprising team to me has been the D-backs. I don't follow them much but they are running away with the division. The Phillies are also a surprise. Since I follow the East, I knew that the Braves would be good. Their farm system is very strong. They will get better.

31 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol your the most pestimistic Cards fan I know , don't mean anything bad by it but have a little faith .They may have the best feeder system in the league .

Yeah I know you noticed but I responded to his comment by saying Cards and Cubs will be neck and neck all season. It's not a guarantee the Cubs win the Division with teams like the Cards and even the BrewCrew in the Division.

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The most surprising team to me has been the D-backs. I don't follow them much but they are running away with the division. The Phillies are also a surprise. Since I follow the East, I knew that the Braves would be good. Their farm system is very strong. They will get better.

Yeah the pesky BrewCrew hanging around as usual lmao. Cards are only a half game back.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the pesky BrewCrew hanging around as usual lmao. Cards are only a half game back.

Lol lets see where everyones at end of May even more important around Allstar break and trade deadlines. Trades and acquisition can play a major role.  Chapman and Cubs prime example

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Diamondbacks were my pick , I knew they were very good.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Diamondbacks were my pick , I knew they were very good.

I will have to watch their games. I believe the Mets play them soon.

Who are some of their star players? Is Grienke still there?

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who are some of their star players. Is Grienke still there?

Yes he is , they have very good young players Paul Goldschmidt is a rising star David Peralta

Just now, NFLfan said:

Who are some of their star players? Is Grienke still there?

Grienke is still there and is great as usual. How dumb are the Dodgers for not re-signing him after the 2015 Season. He is an ACE. The D-Backs have a tough lineup. Goldschmidt is a top tier player.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Grienke is still there and is great as usual. How dumb are the Dodgers for not re-signing him after the 2015 Season. He is an ACE. The D-Backs have a tough lineup. Goldschmidt is a top tier player.

A J Pollock and Peralta very good

I had the Dodgers winning the Division but I had the Diamondbacks pegged for 90 wins. I figured they would be good.

I remember that you said they would make the playoffs.

The Mets play the D-backs the weekend of May 18th to 20th. That Friday, I hope to go to the game. It is free Mets T-shirt night. :) I am meeting with friends and former coworkers this Friday and a few are Mets fans. I hope to get several of them to go to the game. It should be fun. 

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes he is , they have very good young players Paul Goldsmidt is a rising star David Peralta

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know Goldschmidt and Peralta. And Grienke, of course. I am not familiar with Pollock.

Yeah they are pretty loaded. Cubs and Cards both would have problems playing them.

They are not unbeatable the , they are very good defensively . If you put a few runs up they can be beat. They are very very solid.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I remember that you said they would make the playoffs.

The Mets play the D-backs the weekend of May 18th to 20th. That Friday, I hope to go to the game. It is free Mets T-shirt night. :) I am meeting with friends and former coworkers this Friday and a few are Mets fans. I hope to get several of them to go to the game. It should be fun. 

Yeah my 2 WildCards were Cards and D-Backs but I also was torn because I had the Mets in that mix actually too. If the Nats and Dodgers for some reason struggle a lot, Mets and D-Backs both will just get in by winning their Division. Long way to go though. I know it's only early May but being 9 games back like the Dodgers is a bit concerning. Something like 5 games back is no big deal this early.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Pollock is proving to be a very complete player  putting up big numbers probably a 30 30 guy and 100 rbi

Yeah they may win 95 games this year if they can stay healthy. I think the Dodgers are in trouble being 9 back. I never say that on May 2nd about anyone but I don't see the Diamondbacks losing many games. They are for real.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they may win 95 games this year if they can stay healthy. I think the Dodgers are in trouble being 9 back. I never say that on May 2nd about anyone but I don't see the Diamondbacks losing many games. They are for real.

Yes and now just acquired power hitting Steven Sousa JR ,RF I think they are serious lol

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes and now just acquired power hitting Steven Sousa JR

I am kind of glad, I don't like the Dodgers anyway. They are making me look bad though because I picked them to win the WS haha. Something doesn't look right with them. I wonder if Roberts is wearing thin with his players. Seager is now out for the year too - bad blow. Kershaw is 1-4 WTH??

I am kind of glad, I don't like the Dodgers anyway. They are making me look bad though because I picked them to win the WS haha. Something doesn't look right with them. I wonder if Roberts is wearing thin with his players. Seager is now out for the year too - bad blow. Kershaw is 1-4 WTH??

Kershaw will come around if hes healthy, but your correct something isn't right . We don't see inside the Clubhouse , can have a major effect for negative or positive .

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Kershaw will come around if hes healthy, but your correct something isn't right . We don't see inside the Clubhouse , can have a major effect for negative or positive .

Yeah and Seager is out for the year. He is one of their best players. I am not so sure Roberts hasn't lost the team? It's early so I am not getting silly here. We will see what things look like at the end of May. A lot can change but right now something smells RANK in the air in LA.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I don't think of it as pessimistic as much as realistic.   They really didn't address their lineup needs very well in the offseason.   I think their minor league system will help keep them just above .500. 

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think of it as pessimistic as much as realistic.   They really didn't address their lineup needs very well in the offseason.   I think their minor league system will help keep them just above .500. 

I think the Division is up for grabs just simply based on the Cubs not being as good as the last 2 years. Cubs are still real talented and Good but losing Jake Arrieta and Wade Davis has really weakened their Pitching. I didn't like the Yu signing and we should've brought Davis back. If I had to say, of course I think the Cubs will still win the Division but I think between them, Cards, and BrewCrew it could very well come down to the last week of the season. Something isn't right with Rizzo either. He has a back issue and has really struggled so far.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Division is up for grabs just simply based on the Cubs not being as good as the last 2 years. Cubs are still real talented and Good but losing Jake Arrieta and Wade Davis has really weakened their Pitching. I didn't like the Yu signing and we should've brought Davis back. If I had to say, of course I think the Cubs will still win the Division but I think between them, Cards, and BrewCrew it could very well come down to the last week of the season. Something isn't right with Rizzo either. He has a back issue and has really struggled so far.

We'll trade you Fowler back for pennies.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the Nats struggling, I think the East can be had by any team but the Marlins. 

The Mets best pitcher this year Jacob deGrom left the game after 4 scoreless innings with some unknown injury. I hope it is not serious. We need him. 

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/jacob-degrom-exits-with-injury-vs-braves/c-274942368

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you are a Cards fan or BrewCrew fan it's a matter of do you think you can win 90 games? I think Cubs can win 90. They won 92 last season but will dip a couple of games IMO. I think 90 will win the Division.

Yes we can will be my answer . We are holding our own and not hitting I know that wont continue , and I feel the pitching will only get stronger . Reyes is a wild card we all know he can pitch , will they use him in relief or throw him in the rotation ? Regardless his stuff is devastating.Losing him last year at start of spring was devastating to our season coupled with Matheny blunders and Waino stunk

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs at Cards this weekend, Fri-Sun. This 3 game set will be interesting.

Looks like Cubs got the advantage with the pitching matchups, but being in St. Louis may even in out a little.  

Archived