Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

It has just been released that the Cardinals will forfeit 2 Draft Picks in the upcoming draft over the recent hacking in their scouting department

Not much to give up but should've never happened, Correa received prison sentence and was doing it without the Cardinals Org. knowledge.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Not much to give up but should've never happened, Correa received prison sentence and was doing it without the Cardinals Org. knowledge.

Yep, that is a black mark on an otherwise class organization. I was shocked that it happened. You wonder why he did it.

How are you buddy? 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yep, that is a black mark on an otherwise class organization. I was shocked that it happened. You wonder why he did it.

How are you buddy? 

I agree there was really nothing to be gained , very stupid and costly move.

I am blessed. I retire in October 2016 and the Cubs win the WS in that year. Now I buy the MLB package on Direct TV and watch every Cubs game from now on. Could be I died last year and went to heaven:) Now for 2017 the Cubs pitching staff could use a shot of youth but overall they remain I think the top contender but the competition is brutal as long as those evil red birds are alive. The playoffs will be even more exciting. No one can say the Cubs will not repeat and I am interested on how the achievements last season will impact the young players. Can't wait to see the fans in Wrigley this year after their dream came true. Luvin' it,

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

I am blessed. I retire in October 2016 and the Cubs win the WS in that year. Now I buy the MLB package on Direct TV and watch every Cubs game from now on. Could be I died last year and went to heaven:) Now for 2017 the Cubs pitching staff could use a shot of youth but overall they remain I think the top contender but the competition is brutal as long as those evil red birds are alive. The playoffs will be even more exciting. No one can say the Cubs will not repeat and I am interested on how the achievements last season will impact the young players. Can't wait to see the fans in Wrigley this year after their dream came true. Luvin' it,

Cubs pulling out the WS was just awesome! After 108 years. When they were down 3-1 to the Indians I thought it was over. Losing Fowler and Chap will hurt a bit but I still like the Cubs chances to Repeat.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Congrats on your retirement, live it up bud!!!!

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

In a few days, pitchers and catchers will report for Spring Training. Mets get going this Sunday. The Cubs, Cardinals, Yankees, and Nationals report next Tuesday. Not to forget the Pirates, they report on Monday.

Looking forward to it.

http://www.springtrainingconnection.com/reportingdates.html

Dynasty time will begin, Go Cubs! Just playing around but I would love to see a Repeat. There are so many Very Good teams to Great teams. Here are my Tier 1 teams:

Cubs

Indians

RedSox

Dodgers

Giants

Nationals

Tier 2

Rangers

BlueJays

Cards

Orioles

Mets

Astros

Yankees - I just never count them out but they are at the bottom of Tier 2.

-Those are 13 teams that have a shot at winning it all IMO.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dynasty time will begin, Go Cubs! Just playing around but I would love to see a Repeat. There are so many Very Good teams to Great teams. Here are my Tier 1 teams:

Cubs

Indians

RedSox

Dodgers

Giants

Nationals

Tier 2

Rangers

BlueJays

Cards

Orioles

Mets

Astros

Not sure if I should "like" that. My Mets belong at the top. haha

All kidding aside, I don't know about the Dodgers being in the top tier. We will see. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Not sure if I should "like" that. My Mets belong at the top. haha

All kidding aside, I don't know about the Dodgers being in the top tier. We will see. 

Dodgers had the Cubs down 2-1 in the NLCS and Kershaw is a beast so I put them there. Giants are my pick to win that Division but the Dodgers will be 1 of the Wildcards IMO. Nats tend to choke in the Playoffs but I have to have them in Tier 1, just loaded with talent. The Cards and Mets both are intriguing - Cards picking up Fowler was huge and the Mets are a team that seem to have great chemistry. Mets impressed me by getting it together and making the Playoffs this past season. They had to face MadBum unfortunately.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs

Indians

RedSox

Dodgers

Giants

Nationals

Tier 2

Rangers

BlueJays

Cards

Orioles

Mets

Astros

Lol I wont use Dynasty and Baseball in the same sentence after this time , because in my opinion never will be another. Some organizations may come close but its too tough year in year out to keep the pieces in place and or healthy for that to happen. Then you must throw in free agency . If you make the playoffs 9 of 10 years your still not a Dynasty , Winning the WS 2 years in a row would be a major feat and for it to become a D word lol we gotta go 4 or 5 years straight.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers had the Cubs down 2-1 in the NLCS and Kershaw is a beast so I put them there. Giants are my pick to win that Division but the Dodgers will be 1 of the Wildcards IMO. Nats tend to choke in the Playoffs but I have to have them in Tier 1, just loaded with talent. The Cards and Mets both are intriguing - Cards picking up Fowler was huge and the Mets are a team that seem to have great chemistry. Mets impressed me by getting it together and making the Playoffs this past season. They had to face MadBum unfortunately.

Kershaw has not made a living in playoffs Cards have roughed him up about every time they face him in post season.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol I wont use Dynasty and Baseball in the same sentence after this time , because in my opinion never will be another. Some organizations may come close but its too tough year in year out to keep the pieces in place and or healthy for that to happen. Then you must throw in free agency . If you make the playoffs 9 of 10 years your still not a Dynasty , Winning the WS 2 years in a row would be a major feat and for it to become a D word lol we gotta go 4 or 5 years straight.

Yeah I think in order to be a Dynasty you need at least 3 WS wins within a 10 year period with sustained success for 7-10 years. Cubs may never reach that but they do have a young nucleus.  

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think in order to be a Dynasty you need at least 3 WS wins within a 10 year period with sustained success for 7-10 years. Cubs may never reach that but they do have a young nucleus.  

If that's how you interpet  dynasty is possible , they do have a great young nucleus as well as the Cards . With the wildcard we could have two by that standard. Its a very tuff division made more so than before by the Cubs emergence and might add they did it the right way through the Farm system for the most part. You do have to sprinkle FAs here and there to remain a contender for long periods just the nature of the game.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:32 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kershaw is Great in the Regular Season though, probably good for 20 wins if he stays healthy. I see them winning 90 games pretty easily.

I agree , it just seems the Cards have always had his number. Would add him to my team anytime though.

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

If that's how you interpet  dynasty is possible , they do have a great young nucleus as well as the Cards . With the wildcard we could have two by that standard. Its a very tuff division made more so than before by the Cubs emergence and might add they did it the right way through the Farm system for the most part. You do have to sprinkle FAs here and there to remain a contender for long periods just the nature of the game.

I definitely think if a team wins 3 WS in a 7-10 year period and are consistently Very Good for 7-10 Years that, that is a Dynasty. Have to win 3 Championships though IMO. Giants to me are one by winning in 2010/2012/2014 and they have been a threat in other years too like last year. Giants had me scared when the Cubs played them because I know they know how to win Championships. MadBum is a monster in the Playoffs too.

15 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I agree , it just seems the Cards have always had his number. Would add him to my team anytime though.

Cards do own the Dodgers in the Playoffs, it's hilarious. Many Dodgers fans thought they finally had it made when they didn't have too play you guys but my Cubs got em too. When it was 2-1 Dodgers I was really worried, cant lie.

16 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed. I like teams that build through their farm system and don't sign a bunch of free agents. Theo Epstein knows how to build championship teams. He is the most valuable person in the Cubs organization.

Another guy that I always liked was Dave Dombrowski. I wanted the Mets to hire him as GM. He is with Boston now, I think.

24 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Great Post, building through the farm system says a lot to me.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Agreed. I like teams that build through their farm system and don't sign a bunch of free agents. Theo Epstein knows how to build championship teams. He is the most valuable person in the Cubs organization.

Another guy that I always liked was Dave Dombrowski. I wanted the Mets to hire him as GM. He is with Boston now, I think.

Thank God for Theo! I waited 32 years for that Championship since I have been a fan. 1984 was sad, so was 2003. Finally a Championship in my lifetime. Lets see if they can add to it. Maybe they will, maybe they wont but the ride is going to be interesting.

Archived