Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have no idea who I want at this point. I am just not sure who the right fit will be?

I read that Girardi wants to manage the Cubs. 

How many teams are looking for managers? 

Mets

Cubs

Kansas City?

Pirates?

19 hours ago, HOZER said:

That’s still one more then they have had, well, ever, so I don’t see an issue in bringing it up. A lot of their fans talk a lot of crap too, and this year deservingly so as they were the better team that made it further then the Cubs. I get crap from Reds and Cards fans too.  If there’s  Brewers fans on here they’ll fire back, it’s all in fun.

Not this Cards fan Brother , never gonna happen . I know how hard it is to win World series championships. The Cubs are not far away and it may shock people but neither are the Reds. They both need bull pen help . The Cubs are also going to have to look to overcome injury prone players but they have a great nucleus to go with. Could also use another good starter. Hats off to Darvisch he seemed to overcome his demons and put it together. Winter will be interesting. Some may disagree but I hope the Cards make a play for Hammel even if he is 36. 

21 hours ago, Myles said:

Careful.   It's not a good look for a Cubs fan to make fun of the Brewers for not winning a championship in their 50 year history when the Cubs have 1 in the last 111 years.  

Not an organization Im fond of . Why because they have had a major lack of class. You don't show it you will never have my support in any sport.

19 hours ago, Myles said:

11 in 93 years for my team.

Let me ask you a pointed question . These Cubs fans and Mets and so on are here regardless of their teams success I respect that . Are you here when the Cards are not doing well ? To me the true fan hangs through thick and thin. Im not trying to bash you because I do like you. Your input is welcomed . I just want you to think about what I have said . Thanks 

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

See there you go! That’s quite the accomplishment!

Although...I guess I’m one of those what have you done lately type of fans...like in the last five years with this current team or group of players. I know players come and go often, but the core usually sticks around for a while. “That” team is no longer on the field.

I find it weird for fans to brag or throw it in someone’s face about accomplishments that were done by completely different teams, different players, maybe even different owners, especially when it’s before some of them were fans of the team or maybe even before they were born? Don’t get me wrong people should be proud of their teams history, but I just don’t think that has anything to do with the team on the field today.  I guess what I’m trying to say is that there should be a statute of limitations on bragging rights I guess, lol. :dunno:

It doesn't have anything to do with whats on the field now. But im very proud of the Cards history. You are very correct that wont win now. Even the Cubs are not the same team . Jake should've never got away. Year in year out its very difficult to keep a team in tact , so its sorta like a puzzle to piece together you get the right pieces that fit into place then you have something. I don't think anyone can stand pat year to year and be elite.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Let me ask you a pointed question . These Cubs fans and Mets and so on are here regardless of their teams success I respect that . Are you here when the Cards are not doing well ? To me the true fan hangs through thick and thin. Im not trying to bash you because I do like you. Your input is welcomed . I just want you to think about what I have said . Thanks 

Absolutely.  There may not be as much to talk about, but it's still fun to see how the team progresses.  I didn't think this Cards team would do very well this season.  I thought Waino would wear out.   I thought Wacha would crumble (which he did).   I didn't think Mikolas was a number 1 starter.   Flaherty was the surprise we needed.   Edman provided a boost that was unexpected.   

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Absolutely.  There may not be as much to talk about, but it's still fun to see how the team progresses.  I didn't think this Cards team would do very well this season.  I thought Waino would wear out.   I thought Wacha would crumble (which he did).   I didn't think Mikolas was a number 1 starter.   Flaherty was the surprise we needed.   Edman provided a boost that was unexpected.   

I am one of the biggest Cubs ever and I picked the Cards to win the division before the season started. I kept saying it all season too. They nailed the off season coming in and we did nothing. 

On 10/4/2019 at 7:06 AM, Myles said:

You're very pessimistic. You were also down on the Colts when Luck retired, right?

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You're very pessimistic. You were also down on the Colts when Luck retired, right?

I consider it realistic.  

I was and still am a bit down on the Colts after Luck retired.   I thought we were a Super Bowl competitor with Luck.   I think we are a playoff competitor without Luck.  I think that is realistic.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I consider it realistic.  

I was and still am a bit down on the Colts after Luck retired.   I thought we were a Super Bowl competitor with Luck.   I think we are a playoff competitor without Luck.  I think that is realistic.

You were realistic about the Cards? They had a solid team last year and added very good players in the off-season. I thought they would win the division after adding Goldschmidt. Many baseball fans did too. You often said you did not believe in this team. How is that realistic and not pessimistic? 

Sorry but you did not think the Colts were a playoff team when Luck retired. After this win against the Chiefs, you may be thinking differently. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You were realistic about the Cards? They had a solid team last year and added very good players in the off-season. I thought they would win the division after adding Goldschmidt. Many baseball fans did too. You often said you did not believe in this team. How is that realistic and not pessimistic? 

Sorry but you did not think the Colts were a playoff team when Luck retired. After this win against the Chiefs, you may be thinking differently. 

You are all over the place.

Yes, I was realistic about the Cardinals.   Yes they added Goldy which was great.   The rest of the roster was basically the same.  Their team BA was 23rd in the league.   I didn't see their rotation as being strong.   Wainwright and Flaherty sure pulled us through.    I thought the Brewers would fight for the division lead, as they did.   I also thought the Cubs would win the division.  My thoughts were not odd thoughts as most experts picked the Cubs to win the division.   

I am thrilled with what the Cards have been able to do.   It would very very cool if the Nats beat the Dodgers and the Crds beat the Braves on Wednesday.  

I said the Colts were a playoff challenger after Luck.   They are just that.   They are looking at 8-10 wins.   That will put them in the hunt.  That is realistic.   

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers just got eliminated by the Nats, I have seen it all now happy homer simpson GIF

Wow, that is awesome.   

I wanted 3 things to happen this postseason:

Cardinals to win

Dodgers to lose

Yankees to lose

2/3 so far.

Ok I couldn’t stay away from baseball, my Cubs mourning period is over, lol. Wow Braves, and WOW Dodgers, lol! WTH was Roberts thinking putting Kershaw back out there, poor guy just does not have good luck when it comes to pitching in the post season. Sounds like Yu wasn’t the only one with bad luck for the Dodgers. 

On 10/4/2019 at 7:06 AM, Myles said:

I didn't think Jack Flaherty was a surprise at all. I expected it , as I also did from Hudson. Waino was the surprise to me . He has learned how to pitch in a different way than he used to. Edmond is for real I knew that in the Spring , even before he got called up. Bonus with him is he can play any position in the field other than pitch or catch and play them well. The kid can just flat hit.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:41 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very surprising to see the Cards down 2-1.

Brother been working , they just about blew it with Martinez . Hes a head case as far as im concerned trade bait. The club as a whole has no quit. It appears the Central was the best in the NL . To bad they had to beat each other up. What could have been ?

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Brother been working , they just about blew it with Martinez . Hes a head case as far as im concerned trade bait. The club as a whole has no quit. It appears the Central was the best in the NL . To bad they had to beat each other up. What could have been ?

The Cards/Nats should be a real good one. I have Cards in 7 as of now.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure, I think he will but I haven't heard anything. Also no word on who may manage the Cubs next year either. I keep hearing Ross or Girardi possibly.

I prefer Girardi myself , I think he's more than capable.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Whats going on makes the game exciting . I knew HOZER would be back because he loves the game as Yourself , NFL and I do lol.

I love the playoffs no matter who is in it regardless brother. If the Cards win it all, I will be happy for you. I really have no dog in the fight at this point without the Cubs in it so I am just having fun watching now. I was happy the Brewers lost :thmup:

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

I didn't think Jack Flaherty was a surprise at all. I expected it , as I also did from Hudson. Waino was the surprise to me . He has learned how to pitch in a different way than he used to

Maybe, but not to the extent.   Flaherty was a second year pitcher.

He allowed just 11 total runs in his final 15 starts, posting a microscopic 0.91 ERA, the third-best post-break ERA in MLB history.

He pitched in 100 different innings after the All-Star break, 91 of which were scoreless.

In nine of his final 15 starts Flaherty did not permit a run. The only other pitchers to do that over the entire season were Hyun-jin Ryu with 10 starts and Zack Greinke with nine. Flaherty did that all after the All-Star break.

Archived