Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

That fat lady has sung, Cubs officially eliminated. And they lose again to the Pirates.  Big changes coming, stay tuned.  I have nothing else to say.

Yeah we crashed and burned to end the season. Give me a few days and I will reflect on the 5 season run we have had from 2015-2019. It was still a great run because of the WS Title in 2016 but like I said we crashed and burned to end it. I think big changes are coming, it wouldn't shock me if we even put MVP on the trading block. Nothing would shock me at this point. 

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

That fat lady has sung, Cubs officially eliminated. And they lose again to the Pirates.  Big changes coming, stay tuned.  I have nothing else to say.

Sorry. I thought they still had a chance. 

I wonder what changes are coming to the Mets as well as the Cubs.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:22 AM, HOZER said:

Kind of fitting that we play Cardinals at St Louis to end the season, especially after the comments Bryant made about that city, and the way they just swept the Cubs at Wrigley. Sometimes words come back to haunt you. Heck he may not even play after getting hurt yesterday.

That seems out of character for Bryant, no? I read what he said.  St. Louis is actually considered one of the best places to play baseball. Free agency came about partially because Curt Flood was traded from St. Louis to I believe it was Philly. He refused to go. He said something like he was going from the best place to play to the worst place to play. He was devastated...  Philly had it's bad rep even back then. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That seems out of character for Bryant, no? I read what he said.  St. Louis is actually considered one of the best places to play baseball. Free agency came about partially because Curt Flood was traded from St. Louis to I believe it was Philly. He refused to go. He said something like he was going from the best place to play to the worst place to play. He was devastated.  I did not realize Philly had it's bad rep even back then. 

Some of the Cardinals media were bad mouthing the Cubs and mocking them because it took us 108 years to win a WS. So Bryant was just responding to the media by saying he hated playing in St Louis to stir up the rivalry. I think that is the only time he has ever talked smacked in his Career lmao . 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That seems out of character for Bryant, no? I read what he said.  St. Louis is actually considered one of the best places to play baseball. Free agency came about partially because Curt Flood was traded from St. Louis to I believe it was Philly. He refused to go. He said something like he was going from the best place to play to the worst place to play. He was devastated...  Philly had it's bad rep even back then. 

Definitely out of character. And to top it off, he’s a self admitted square, said he doesn’t do anything but sit around at home and watch Disney movies and play video games. Very odd.  

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Definitely out of character. And to top it off, he’s a self admitted square, said he doesn’t do anything but sit around at home and watch Disney movies and play video games. Very odd.  

His wife probably makes him stay at home and watch cartoons haha because lord knows if he and Rizzo went out to a bar, that bar would have 100's people in it. 

@NFLfan, I will give you Kyle Schwarber and Almora Jr for Thor right now. You need young guys that can hit and field, there you go. Kyle also has great power. Almora Jr is a great fielder. It is right there on a platter for you. We need young pitching and Thor is great but that is 2 players for 1 in your favor.

Kyle is only 26, Almora Jr is 25 but IMO these are the type of moves Theo should try and make. A guy like Thor is just 27 and would be our ACE IMO. Thor, Hendricks, Quintana, and Yu is a good 4. 

Another move I would try to make is fire Joe Maddon and hire David Ross. It is because we need a new face for the franchise. Ross is loved in Chicago.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, I will give you Kyle Schwarber and Almora Jr for Thor right now. You need young guys that can hit and field, there you go. Kyle also has great power. Almora Jr is a great fielder. It is right there on a platter for you. We need young pitching and Thor is great but that is 2 players for 1 in your favor.

Kyle is only 26, Almora Jr is 25 but IMO these are the type of moves Theo should try and make. A guy like Thor is just 27 and would be our ACE IMO. Thor, Hendricks, Quintana, and Yu is a good 4. 

Another move I would try to make is fire Joe Maddon and hire David Ross. It is because we need a new face for the franchise. Ross is loved in Chicago.

You know I like Almora and he seems not to be in your plans. We need a catcher. Do you have a prospect catcher in the minors. 

I love Thor and I would like to keep him but he is not happy with the organization. He wanted to have his personal catcher and the manager refused. That has upset him. The manager is not likely to give in. (By personal catcher, I mean he wanted to pitch to a catcher other than the every day catcher.)

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You know I like Almora and he seems not to be in your plans. We need a catcher. Do you have a prospect catcher in the minors. 

I love Thor and I would like to keep him but he is not happy with the organization. He wanted to have his personal catcher and the manager refused. That has upset him. The manager is not likely to give in. (By personal catcher, I mean he wanted to pitch to a catcher other than the every day catcher.)

I see where you are going with this, you want Contreras. Contreras is a good hitter with good power. He also plays great defense. If I were to trade him to you guys, that would have to be a straight up deal. Contreras for Thor. That would leave us with Caratini and Lucroy for now who are adequate at that position so it would be doable. I would have to think about that one.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see where you are going with this, you want Contreras. Contreras is a good hitter with good power. He also plays great defense. If I were to trade him to you guys, that would have to be a straight up deal. Contreras for Thor. That would leave us with Caratini and Lucroy for now who are adequate at that position so it would be doable. I would have to think about that one.

I would not give Contreras up, for Thor or Degrom. He is IMO one of the best catchers in the league, a power hitter, and a team leader. Schwarber used to be a Catcher, Caratini is pretty good as well and also a power hitter, and wasn’t bad filling in for Rizzo at 1st. How about Almora, Caratini and a prospect for Degrom?

19 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I would not give Contreras up, for Thor or Degrom. He is IMO one of the best catchers in the league, a power hitter, and a team leader. Schwarber used to be a Catcher, Caratini is pretty good as well and also a power hitter, and wasn’t bad filling in for Rizzo at 1st. How about Almora, Caratini and a prospect for Degrom?

No deal. The Mets need to keep deGrom. I have always liked Almora.  I have not seen him playing every day, but whenever I do, his defense looks great. I like to watch good defense and good fundamental baseball.

I wonder why Almora is not as valued by Cubs fans. I would take Almora and Caratini for Thor.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

No deal. The Mets need to keep deGrom. I have always liked Almora.  I have not seen him playing every day, but whenever I do, his defense looks great. I like to watch good defense and good fundamental baseball.

I wonder why Almora is not as valued by Cubs fans. I would take Almora and Caratini for Thor.

Sorry I meant Thor not Degrom, not sure why I posted that, wishful thinking maybe. 

Almora is great, but Heyward and Castellanos are better. I would say Almora would be better at left then Schwarber but they want to keep his bat in the lineup.

So.....let’s get the paper work going on the trade since we’re both in agreement.:banana:

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I like Almora a lot but I would do that trade as @HOZER said as well.

Heading into the final weekend of the season, the Brewers are 89-70, Cards are 90-69 just 1 game ahead in the division. Guess who needs us to win this weekend at St. Louis? Well well well lmao. Maddon is benching everyone and couldn't care less at this point haha . Maddon says he could care less if the Brewers or their fans are irked by this. Brewers FO and Manager Craig Counsell got word Maddon is shutting it down and playing mainly backups the rest of the season. Brewers fans aren't happy. I think it is just flat out karma and comical that Brewers fans need us to win to win the division :funny:. Brewers fans have to root for us lmao . Brewers fans have bashed us to pieces for the last 3 years and really bad lately. Maddon must hate the Brewers like I do high roller laughing GIF , Just google Joe Maddon and you can read the complete story. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs 8 Cards 2. Cubs win now when it doesn't matter haha . Brewers lost so they did not take advantage of the Cards losing. We give Brewers fans a gift and their team still chokes lmao .

I’ll fly it for old Times sakes, although I must say, that Almora catch was a thing of beauty!!! Brewers, lol!!!!

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We and he had a heck of a 5 season run. He is a great manager but I seen this coming. Just time for a new face for the team.

Not sure I agree with this move, I think its more on the front office for the season . Just my personal opinion.

Quote from Maddon....

“All of it's been positive, man, and it's been interesting, entertaining and quite frankly for this time of year, feeling pretty good, feeling pretty eager about everything, so it's been a good year."

Good year? lol. Yeah it was time for him to go. Good luck with your future and thanks for what you did for the Cubs, but this team has played a lot of uninspiring baseball for last 2 seasons, and fans don’t want to go back to that. Hopefully the next manager figures out how to get these guys out of thier funk.

29 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Quote from Maddon....

“All of it's been positive, man, and it's been interesting, entertaining and quite frankly for this time of year, feeling pretty good, feeling pretty eager about everything, so it's been a good year."

Good year? lol. Yeah it was time for him to go. Good luck with your future and thanks for what you did for the Cubs, but this team has played a lot of uninspiring baseball for last 2 seasons, and fans don’t want to go back to that. Hopefully the next manager figures out how to get these guys out of thier funk.

I agree, no way in hell we should've not made the playoffs with the team we had. I love you Maddon but time for a new face. I think on paper we were better than Brewers and Nats, we should've been a WCard at worse.

Congrats to @Jay Kirk, @Myles, and @Barry Sears on winning the division. As Brewers fans have been saying anyone but the Cubs winning is great, I say anyone but the Brewers. Thank you Jack Flaherty. I might have to a hang a Jack banner up, I already have a Jake Arrieta banner hanging haha . Jack/Jake who cares right? lmao . All kidding aside, good luck against the Braves and congrats on a good season. 

Archived