Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 8-2 over the Reds, fly the flag Hozer. Cards won tonight as well so they are still 2 ahead in the NL Central. 

Did I hear that right? Cubs Bullpen leads the league in ERA for month of September? Wow! Keep it up boys, maybe we can catch those Cardinals!!! One game at a time, GoCubsGo!

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Did I hear that right? Cubs Bullpen leads the league in ERA for month of September? Wow! Keep it up boys, maybe we can catch those Cardinals!!! One game at a time, GoCubsGo!

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

Brewers won tonight as well, so we are still only 1 game ahead of them for the final wildcard spot. The division is still winnable though. Our bullpen has been pitching much better the last 2 weeks. Our bats are unreal right now :thmup:

On 9/17/2019 at 12:08 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers won tonight as well, so we are still only 1 game ahead of them for the final wildcard spot. The division is still winnable though. Our bullpen has been pitching much better the last 2 weeks. Our bats are unreal right now :thmup:

Could have really used that win last night.....ugh. Yu started off cold and made up for it later with 13 strikeouts, including 8 in a row! Too bad the damage was already done and they couldn’t get more runs in. Reds playing with nothing to lose now, can be an issue for teams still in the hunt.

GoCubsGo!

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

Could have really used that win last night.....ugh. Yu started off cold and made up for it later with 13 strikeouts, including 8 in a row! Too bad the damage was already done and they couldn’t get more runs in. Reds playing with nothing to lose now, can be an issue for teams still in the hunt.

GoCubsGo!

We are now down 3-2 in the 10th to the Reds. If we lose this game it will be costly. At least the Brewers lost tonight. 

Costly loss for the Cubs tonight, Reds playing spoiler. Just can't continue to lose games like that and make the playoffs. Bad news is, we fall 3 games behind the Cards in the NL Central heading into our 4 games series with them starting tomorrow at Wrigley. Good news is, we are still tied with the Brewers at 82-70 for the final Wildcard spot. Only 10 games left and 7 of them are against the Cards.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Costly loss for the Cubs tonight, Reds playing spoiler. Just can't continue to lose games like that and make the playoffs. Bad news is, we fall 3 games behind the Cards in the NL Central heading into our 4 games series with them starting tomorrow at Wrigley. Good news is, we are still tied with the Brewers at 82-70 for the final Wildcard spot. Only 10 games left and 7 of them are against the Cards.

Cubs shoot themselves in the foot again. As you guys have been saying, it’s going to be a fight until the end between Cubs and Cards, with the Brewers trying to get in on the action. 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is put up or shutup time now. We let one get away last night.

Dont know what it is with the Cubs. Zobrist comes back and they bring in a guy like Castellanos, who are both doing great. Our bullpen starts to get it together, Yu starts doing great, even Chatwood, but then the bats go silent. It’s been an interesting season. Last season they had to fight just to get into the wildcard then got knocked out, this season they’re fighting tooth in nail just to get into the wildcard. Somethings going to have to change, especially if they Miss the playoffs altogether. Do you think Theo will give Maddon his walking papers if that’s the case?

13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Dont know what it is with the Cubs. Zobrist comes back and they bring in a guy like Castellanos, who are both doing great. Our bullpen starts to get it together, Yu starts doing great, even Chatwood, but then the bats go silent. It’s been an interesting season. Last season they had to fight just to get into the wildcard then got knocked out, this season they’re fighting tooth in nail just to get into the wildcard. Somethings going to have to change, especially if they Miss the playoffs altogether. Do you think Theo will give Maddon his walking papers if that’s the case?

I was thinking the same thing after the loss last night. If we fail to make the playoff, I think Theo needs to go after younger pitching and yes Maddon will be fired IMO. Lester and Hamels both look shaky. I like Hendricks a lot. 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think the Brewers will win the division.  They get Pirates, Reds and Rockies to end the season.   Cubs get Cardinals and Pirates.    Cardinals get the Cubs and Diamondbacks.   

Go Cardinals!

I will just literally puke if they win the division lmao . You have a point though as the Cubs and Cards beat up on each other, the Brewers may sail to the division winner haha 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

We need the Nats to lose so maybe, if the Brewers do win it, the Cubs and Cards can get the 2 wild card spots and play each other again.   Nats remaining schedule is Marlins, Phillies and Indians.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Before the season started I had the Cards, Cubs, and Brewers all making the playoffs. I did not count on the Nats being this good. Their last 2 series will be real tough.

Well, here we go!!!  Cards and Cubs can control their own destiny now.  Hoping the Reds can play spoiler when they take on the Brewers.

Just wish I could get the STL v. CHI games on TV here...maybe the networks will have some and leave the Yankees and Dodgers alone for a few games so the rest of the nation can watch someone else.

7 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Well, here we go!!!  Cards and Cubs can control their own destiny now.  Hoping the Reds can play spoiler when they take on the Brewers.

Just wish I could get the STL v. CHI games on TV here...maybe the networks will have some and leave the Yankees and Dodgers alone for a few games so the rest of the nation can watch someone else.

The game is actually on Fox (WXIN), you should be able to get it. Yeah Baseball is putting this game on Fox so everyone can see it.

4-1 Cards now in the 6th. Cubs are just not hitting and not playing great defense. Cards do look like the better team as I have said all season actually. So if we lose I can accept it. The Cards simply won the offseason by getting Goldschmidt, Theo needs to make some changes heading into 2020 if we fail to make the playoffs.

Bottom of the 10th, they should just roll Flaherty back out, that would effectively shut the Cubs down.

If they lose this game, my opinion on Kimbrel will drop further down. And before anyone says it’s tough coming back from injury, he seems to be injured often, a very expensive benchwarmer that I’m pretty sure has cost us more games then gotten us wins(I’ll have to check on that.) I was so excited when we signed him, just sucks he hasn’t been as good as advertised. I prob just need to be more patient, I wasn’t with Yu and boy has he made me eat crow.

Archived