Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yep now hes out for season .

Yeah thanks for the Baez comment above. Cubs have been hit with the injury bug a lot lately. Brewers have a 3 game series coming up with the Cards starting tomorrow. I am half tempted to root for the Cards and hope when we play the Cards we come out of that 4-3 or 3-4

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

What if he can play second base ?

Then Russell kicks rocks. Not sure what we’d get for him with his baggage. Also not sure when he becomes a free agent. Cubs Bullpen was main issue, now it seems the bats have fallen silent. What gives?

Cubs win, Cubs win, 4-1 over SD. What a huge win. Fly the flag Hozer. This is how the NL playoff picture looks as of now:

Dodgers 94-53 #1 seed winning the West

Braves 91-56 #2 seed winning the East

Cards 82-64 #3 seed winning the Central

Nats 80-64 #4 seed, first Wildcard spot

Cubs and Brewers are tied for the final Wildcard spot at 78-68. Cubs have a 3 game series coming up at home vs the Pirates, Brewers travel to St. Louis for 3 games. Brewers have won 7 in a row, they are due to lose now and without Yelich I can see their bite not being as big. They just played the Marlins, now they are facing the Cards, huge difference.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win, 4-1 over SD. What a huge win. Fly the flag Hozer. This is how the NL playoff picture looks as of now:

Cubs and Brewers are tied for the final Wildcard spot at 78-68. Cubs have a 3 game series coming up at home vs the Pirates, Brewers travel to St. Louis for 3 games. Brewers have won 7 in a row, they are due to lose now and without Yelich I can see their bite not being as big. They just played the Marlins, now they are facing the Cards, huge difference.

If anyone is wondering, if the Cubs and Brewers end up with the same record than they would play a 1 game tiebreaker to determine who gets into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didnt get to watch the end of the game due to coaching my sons baseball team. Glad they got the win! Yu with 14 strikeouts? NICE!!!!!

Im going to switch things up a bit here....going back to the old flag, maybe it’ll help my Cubbies!?!?

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Didnt get to watch the end of the game due to coaching my sons baseball team. Glad they got the win! Yu with 14 strikeouts? NICE!!!!!

Im going to switch things up a bit here....going back to the old flag, maybe it’ll help my Cubbies!?!?

Yeah I like that flag better actually, that may spark us.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rizzo with a grandslam, Cubs up 10-4 after the 3rd.

Hey the flags paying off already!!!!! Nico Hoerner blasts his first ever pitch in Wrigley Field out of the park!!! Kids going to be good, real good!

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Hey the flags paying off already!!!!! Nico Hoerner blasts his first ever pitch in Wrigley Field out of the park!!! Kids going to be good, real good!

Yeah, the old flag is bringing us good luck. I think Russell's days may be over if Nico continues this. Baez will be a Cub for life IMO. When we went down 4-0 I was angry, just no excuse I was thinking. 10-4 now. We need to sweep the Pirates being at home to gain momentum, Pirates are a bad team so I should think that. No Cubs team has ever made the playoffs 5 seasons in a row since the MLB has started in 1903, we are playing for that part of history.

Easy win, blowout 17-8 over the Bucs. Fly the old flag Hozer :thmup:. We are back in the playoffs lmao . Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Feels good to win again!!! Let’s hope they don’t come out flat like they normally do after big wins!!! We need more wins, heck let’s win out!!!

Here is the full NL playoff picture heading into September 14th:

NL West leader = Dodgers at 96-53 #1 seed

NL East leader = Braves at 92-57 #2 seed

NL Central leader = Cards at 83-64 #3 seed

The Wildcard race:

Nats at 81-65 in the 4th spot

Cubs at 79-68 in the 5th spot

Brewers at 78-69 (1 game back of the Cubs for final spot)

Phillies at 76-70 (2.5 games back of the Cubs for final spot)

Mets at 76-71 (3 games back of the Cubs for final spot)

-Thoughts on who gets in and wins what?

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 14-1 over the Pirates. Fly the old flag Hozer. We look for a sweep tomorrow. It is great being back at home.

Bro, it’s gotta be the FLAG!!!!!!!! Are the Pirates that bad or are the Cubs heating up at the right time??? No offense to the Pirates fans on here btw, I know it hasn’t been a good season, but I hope it’s more the Cubs getting hot! GoCubsGo!!!

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Bro, it’s gotta be the FLAG!!!!!!!! Are the Pirates that bad or are the Cubs heating up at the right time??? No offense to the Pirates fans on here btw, I know it hasn’t been a good season, but I hope it’s more the Cubs getting hot! GoCubsGo!!!

It is the flag, it has now sparked us. We just crushed those guys today. :thmup:. MVP is on a tear with another HR and how about Nico? Nico is batting nearly .400 and also hit a HR today. 

Cubs lead 12-6 over the Pirates, what a day as the Colts win and now this. MVP has homered twice today. 

16-6 going into the 9th!!! Rizzo injures his ankle and had to come out, Scans don’t show any severe breaks, getting more scans tomorrow.:Cry::Cry:

Archived