Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

27 minutes ago, HOZER said:

So much fun, any day at Wrigley is a good one. First time I’ve ever been there for a grand slam, that was so awesome!!! Can’t wait to go back.

When my sister lived in a suburb of Chicago (Oak Park), I visited there and wanted to attend a Cubs game. All games were sold out. :(

I thought Chicago was a great city, very clean. I did not see any of the violence that is reported on the news. I'd like to visit again one day. I'd like to visit Indiana too one day. I'm going to Miami (FL) tomorrow (my uncle's ex-wife/my cousins' mother passed away). 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

When my sister lived in a suburb of Chicago (Oak Park), I visited there and wanted to attend a Cubs game. All games were sold out. :(

I thought Chicago was a great city, very clean. I did not see any of the violence that is reported on the news. I'd like to visit again one day. I'd like to visit Indiana too one day. I'm going to Miami (FL) tomorrow (my uncle's ex-wife/my cousins' mother passed away). 

First off my condolences on the loss to your family , :sorry:

You HAVE to catch a game at Wrigley, it’s like nothing else! I always talk to opposing team fans after games and they all say they loved their experiences at Wrigley and would definitely be coming back. I was surprised at how many A’s fans actually flew in from Oakland. The area has definitely changed with all the new buildings and stadium upgrades, but it still maintains its nostalgic charm and uniqueness. Love the atmosphere as well!

Would be great if the Vikings played in Indianapolis sometime soon, doesn’t look like they do this season. Lucas Oil Stadium and downtown Indy are also a great time, I think you would love it. Still think it would be cool to have a forum get together sometime. There’s also a baseball stadium next door to Lucas Oil, where the Indianapolis Indians play, who are a Triple A team for the Pirates. Great little stadium as well. 

Chicago is like any other big city, just depends where you go. The downtown and north end districts are safe for the most part and have plenty of police protection. Just have to know where you’re going and what you’re getting into. 

16 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Still think it would be cool to have a forum get together sometime.

I'd love that. Sign me up. :D There are some very nice people here. 

I am pretty sure the Vikes play the Colts in 2020. If they play in Indy, I may attend.

19 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Chicago is like any other big city, just depends where you go. The downtown and north end districts are safe for the most part and have plenty of police protection. Just have to know where you’re going and what you’re getting into. 

That's true. 

Just now, HOZER said:

Wow that was great, but I agree, they should have saved some of those runs for tomorrow!!! Chatwood has a great game, can you believe it??? Let’s keep this hot streak going!!!!!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

We look really good right now but still a ways to go brother. I am feeling good about this now but things can change quickly in baseball lmao . We have had the best team over the last 5 seasons so why I doubt these guys is my problem :funny:

It is looking way ahead but if we play the Dodgers in the NLCS, we have to put pressure on them early. That is our only chance, they are very strong. We have to steal game 1 in LA to have a chance. I know I am looking way ahead but teams that win game 1 in the NLCS win 77% of all series in the history of MLB.

And the Cardinals freefall has begun.  Most everyone in the starting lineup is back and healthy, then we start losing.  No idea why they extended Carpenter...I think he's toast, for the most part.  Ozuna says he wants to stay in St. Louis, but he's become injury prone.

Nothing done of significance before the trade deadline, while the Cubs got better.

There needs to be a major shake up in the front office in St. Louis if they don't make the playoffs for a 4 straight season.  Their formula isn't working.

10 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

And the Cardinals freefall has begun.  Most everyone in the starting lineup is back and healthy, then we start losing.  No idea why they extended Carpenter...I think he's toast, for the most part.  Ozuna says he wants to stay in St. Louis, but he's become injury prone.

Nothing done of significance before the trade deadline, while the Cubs got better.

There needs to be a major shake up in the front office in St. Louis if they don't make the playoffs for a 4 straight season.  Their formula isn't working.

Something needs to be done

46 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Dang it! I knew the Cubs should have saved some of those runs for tonight, they seem to have taken the night off again. 5-1 Reds in the 7th with the only run coming ala HR by you guessed it, Castellanos!

I listened to the first few innings but stopped to get ready for the WNBA game featuring Jackie Young that starts at 9:30 on CBSSN

9 hours ago, HOZER said:

The roller coaster continues.

Yep, that was brutal and the road woes continue. Before this 10 day road trip begin I said I would be happy with 5-5 and at this point I will be. We then will play 6 in a row at home. Lead is down to 1.5 over the Brewers and 2 over the Cards. Cards are playing the Pirates right now and the Pirates can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. If you want to gain ground just play the Pirates haha 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win Fly the flag Hozer,

I am happy, 2-2 vs this team is a win on the road lmao . I am being serious. We usually stink against these guys. Reds have a good club. It's all good. MVP saved the day and he should now and then being the great young player he is. 

This game started off very bad until MVP and Happ saved the day!!!! Cubs off tomorrow, then back at it in Philly on Tuesday!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When MVP came up in the 7th I had a feeling he was going to hit one out. He was due. Watching this team all season I just felt it. 

He was definitely clutch today.  I read earlier that Chisek when in the IL for inflammation........So many injuries starting to pop up. Zobrist has been hitting Dingers in the minors, so well hopefully be seeing him back soon! Strap on your seatbelt Brother, it’s going to be a bumpy ride to the finish I’m afraid!

Ok, going into August 12th the NL Central standings look like this:

Cubs 64-54

Cards 61-55 (2 back)

Brewers 62-57 (2.5 back)

Reds 56-60 (7 back)

Pirates 48-69 (15.5 back)

-At the beginning of the season if anyone would've told me this would be the case on August 12th, I would've took it. I thought the Cards would have 70 wins by now, I really did. Cubs are right where I thought they would be (10 above .500 or so) and I had us as a wildcard. We still have a shot at winning the division despite the Cards having the better roster IMO. We won a WS recently and still have a talented roster but it isn't as great as 2016. Cards overall have a better roster. Brewers are pretty equal to us. We do have Joe Maddon though and IMO he is the better manager of the 3 teams.

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

See I knew we should've got rid of him :sarcasm:. In all seriousness that is too bad for Jake. He will always be an all-time great Cub.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What a wasted outing by Q. We just can't figure it out on the road. I have no idea why.

The road woes continue. You know, at least they kept this one close and were in it literally until the end, Heyward had a chance for a walkoff but couldn’t get it done. I would much rather see these types of losses then the sloppy ones they’ve had lately. Still a loss though and that sucks.

On a side note...I’m having a tough time biting my tongue over on the Colts forum, my word there is some major stupidity being spread. I need to stop going over there and reading that crap.

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

The road woes continue. You know, at least they kept this one close and were in it literally until the end, Heyward had a chance for a walkoff but couldn’t get it done. I would much rather see these types of losses then the sloppy ones they’ve had lately. Still a loss though and that sucks.

On a side note...I’m having a tough time biting my tongue over on the Colts forum, my word there is some major stupidity being spread. I need to stop going over there and reading that crap.

I know, I keep reading it too and I have been mostly posting Gif's to bite my tongue. I need to stop reading that garbage. haha 

37 minutes ago, HOZER said:

What thread are you referring to?

Btw, you jinxed the Mets. :hissy: (just kidding)

On 8/4/2019 at 9:15 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had to meet some relatives for dinner so I missed the last 3 innings. I am here now and Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu pitched a great game. He got a win at Wrigley :thmup:. Cards lost as well, so the Cubs are now at 60-51 and Cards are now at 58-52. We have a 1.5 game lead in the NL Central and the sweep of the Brewers (who fall to 57-56) puts us 4 ahead of them. Brewers fans talked so much junk last season and at the beginning of this season, so glad to see them struggle.

robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

Lol here we are right back where I said we would be , Cards stunk up the west coast trip. At that time it worried me. Now back within a Game of Cubs. It will come down to head to head most likely . However the Cards probably have a more favorable schedule down the stretch so who knows. Its going to be interesting and wouldn't have it any other way. I think your better off fighting to get in the playoffs than cruising in sometimes that has a negative effect.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, Barry Sears said:

I know it's far from over and we have some guys coming back from the IL.

I do wish they would go back to at least a 3 game series for the Wild Card teams.  All the effort to get a Wild Card birth and then have it be a one and done seems useless.

I wish they would to Barry.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:37 AM, NFLfan said:

Yesterday, I went to a community event and the local police department gave out Mets t-shirts. The message on the t-shirts:

citi field mets GIF by The 7 Line

Signed by our long-time Mets radio announcer Howie Rose (pictured). Mets have been doing a lot of that lately (winning), albeit against poor teams. Let's see how they play against the Nats.

They are still in the hunt

Archived