Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat ?

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

So have the Cards , part of the game but frustrating.

The one that hurt was Kyle leaving bases loaded in the 6th. Cards win 2-1, good pitching game by both teams overall.

• Like 3

Cardinals have been quiet at the trade deadline so far.  1 hour left, I think.

I'm fine with them staying put if the alternative is giving up prospects for 2 months of a player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cardinals have been quiet at the trade deadline so far.  1 hour left, I think.

I'm fine with them staying put if the alternative is giving up prospects for 2 months of a player.

That is why I have the moves the Cubs have made

Getting Derek Holland for Cash David Phelps for Tom Hatch and  Tony Kemp for Mike Montgomery(Martin Maldonado) not to mention signing Craig Kimbrel 

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Cardinals have just traded Jedd Gyorko(SP?) to the Dodgers

Not much out about it yet.   I wonder what they got in return.   

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not much out about it yet.   I wonder what they got in return.   

Hadn’t heard anything yet

I guess the Brass feels good about the team

Cubs just made a splash

Get Nick Castellanos from Detroit for Paul Richan and Alex Lange

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Cubs just made a splash

Get Nick Castellanos from Detroit for Paul Richan and Alex Lange

Thanks for the update. I have to be honest, I know nothing about any of those 3. Cards look like they are staying pat, I don't blame them. They are the best team in the division as of now in the division. 

• Like 2

Cubs make another move before the deadline....Carl Edwards Jr. Traded to Padres for LHP Brad Wieck. It’s to bad Edwards couldn’t get it together after his injuries, maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the update. I have to be honest, I know nothing about any of those 3. Cards look like they are staying pat, I don't blame them. They are the best team in the division as of now in the division. 

That is the advantage of being a stat guy

a one game lead means nothing especially when the two teams made moves

The Cards are not the Yankees or Dodgers

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Cubs make another move before the deadline....Carl Edwards Jr. Traded to Padres for LHP Brad Wieck. It’s to bad Edwards couldn’t get it together after his injuries, maybe a change of scenery will help him out.

Weick is a big boy 

• Like 2

I had hoped the Mets would start a mini-rebuild by trading Edwin Diaz and/or Wheeler. They did not trade either. :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Been a pitchers duel until the Cubs finally got on board 1-0 in the 6th. Both teams again  leaving too many runners on base. Cards in their bullpen, Hendricks still plugging away.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I had hoped the Mets would start a mini-rebuild by trading Edwin Diaz and/or Wheeler. They did not trade either. :(

The powers that be must think they can catch Atlanta and Washington since they added Stroman too

1-0 Cubs to the 8th. Professor carving the Cards up but I have a feeling 1 run won't be enough to win this. We need some insurance. Maybe Maddon will keep Hendricks in and roll with it.

Struck him out! Cubs win 2-0. Kimbrel closes. Order has been restored and the Cubs and Cards are both tied for 1st in the NL Central once again at 57-50. Fly the flag Hozer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Struck him out! Cubs win 2-0. Kimbrel closes. Order has been restored and the Cubs and Cards are both tied for 1st in the NL Central once again at 57-50. Fly the flag Hozer.

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Heading into August 1st, both the Cubs and Cards are 57-50 tied for 1st in the NL Central. If we can keep it within a game or 2 until Hamels and Zobrist gets back, who knows what may happen. We are missing 2 very important players right now. I trust Hamels as much as I do Lester or Hendricks. That is how important he is. Zobrist is a veteran leader that knows how to win. August baseball is here now folks, buckle up and get ready.

• Thanks 1

Tonight at 715pm est, the rubber match between the 57-50 Cubs at the 57-50 Cards. Jon Lester vs Jack Flaherty. Battle for 1st place continues in the NL Central.

• Like 1

No hitter for Jack Gooden through the top of 4th lmao .  Jack hasn't won a game in his last 12 starts but against us he is HOFame material. Baseball is funny sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heyward just saved 2 more runs with an exceptional diving catch as Jack Flaherty hit a deep drive haha . I know Jack is pitching like Gooden but I didn't know he could bat like Barry Bonds lmao .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not following any ballgame tonight (taping CFL and HOF game) since fellow Tiger Jackie Young and the Las Vegas Aces are playing on ESPN2 at 9 CST

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jack Gooden still has a no hitter through 5. If he pitches like this the rest of the season the Cardinals will win the WS haha 

Edwin Jackson, Matt Garza, and Homer Bailey are calling

• Haha 1

6-0 Cards. We won 1 game of the 3 so I will take it since it was there. Only 1 game out of 1st place still. Matt (Johnny Bench) Weiters hit a 3 run HR haha . He has only hit 8 HR's all year. Typical series but we did win 1 so it's all good. I guess we got stinky Jonny instead of good Jonny tonight. 

Hey we do have 1 hit at least against a guy that wasn't won since May :funny:

• Haha 1

Cubs have been playing some very uninspiring baseball lately. Base hits, all you need, not this crap. Unreal.

• Like 1

We should never lose when Jon Lester is pitching against Jack Flaherty is why I am making sarcastic posts. All in all I thought we would only 1 game of the 3. I am ok with that, I just didn't want to get swept and be 3 back. Usually if they play at Wrigley we win 2 of 3 and they do the same at St. Louis. I thought maybe we could turn the tide but NAH lmao 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Cubs have been playing some very uninspiring baseball lately. Base hits, all you need, not this crap. Unreal.

This team seems content too much. We won a huge game last night so they took tonight off lmao . Cubs have been like that this since after we won the WS. 

• Like 1

Cubs down 7-0, 8th inning, Cards have bases loaded with no outs, Chatwood pitching......oh boy....

• Haha 2