Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

30 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Then why? Because opposing pitchers just want to hit Mets players? This is why I asked if you think it’s some type of conspiracy.

Yes, there have been Cubs players that have retaliated, never said they haven’t. Of course they should be angry, it hurts, and could even put you on the IL. Say your piece and take your free base. Rush the mound or press the issue, and now you’re out of the game, and no longer able to help your team. Not smart. It’s stupid for pitchers to purposely hit anyone, you’re giving up a free base, risking someone’s health, and essentially walking someone. Then there’s some pitchers who admit to pitching up and inside to try to throw off batters, but not hit them. Sometimes crap just happens. 

Baez against the Reds. And he did not get hit. Just struck out.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Rush the mound or press the issue, and now you’re out of the game, and no longer able to help your team. Not smart. 

I think we won the game because Todd got tossed. Immediately after he got ejected, the Mets proceeded to hit several pitches hard and scored the tying and go ahead runs. Arietta was then removed. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My guess is @NFLfan is more bothered by what Jake said after the game. IMO Jake did not intentionally hit Frazier though, he was just wild yesterday. 

Are the Phillies always wild. I'm going to see how many players their pitching staff has hit. They have hit Mets batters 12 times. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure but Jake looked wild yesterday. I have seen him have a couple of games like that with the Cubs homer simpson GIF

If I am reading it correctly, the Phillies have hit 36 batters so far this year, 12 of them have been Mets players. Arietta has hit 6 batters; at least 3 have been Mets (the ones he hit yesterday). The other 3 could be one or more Mets. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/PHI/2019-pitching.shtml

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Baez against the Reds. Lol

Not following???

Did Baez rush the mound after being hit against the Reds? Was Baez ejected recently?

I did mention that I know Cubs players have done it in the past, no? My original statement pertains to all baseball players, not just the Cubs, you brought them up. I was talking about Arrietta vs Frazier. Frazier was hit, acted like he was going to rush Arrietta, and Arrietta said if he wants to handle it in that manner then he will  defend himself, at least that’s my take on it.

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think we won the game because he got tossed. Immediately afterwards the Mets hit several pitches hard and scored runs. Arietta was removed. 

IMO it shouldn’t take someone getting hit or ejected to fire up a team. Should always play with that type of ferocity. I hate it when the Cubs wait until something like that happens to get motivated to win a game. Maximum effort all the time, but that’s just me.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Did Baez rush the mound after being hit against the Reds? Was Baez ejected recently?

Did Todd rush the mound? See how Baez reacted to being struck out as opposed to being hit. I posted it up there. 

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

IMO it shouldn’t take someone getting hit or ejected to fire up a team. Should always play with that type of ferocity. I hate it when the Cubs wait until something like that happens to get motivated to win a game. Maximum effort all the time, but that’s just me.

Lol. Maddon does it all the time. He clearly believes that getting ejected fires up the team.

Cubs lose so not a good way to go into the all-star break. Great news is we are in 1st place in the NL Central going into the all-star break. Brewers lost.

Cubs 47-43 into the break and the guys are off until Friday. Rest and re-group. Start playing Cubs baseball like we know.

Brewers 47-44 - just a half game back.

-Before the season started if you told me we would be in 1st place in the NL Central at the all-star break I would take it. I thought the Brewers and Cards would be much better record wise at the break. Cards are 44-43 as of now, they are playing right now and it is 0-0 in the 5th at Giants.

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did Todd rush the mound? See how Baez reacted to being struck out as opposed to being hit. I posted it up there. 

Your video did not show up the first time I read that. I see it now. I believe he would have if they wouldn’t have stopped him.

Completely different situations,  IMO.

1. No one was hit.

2. No one was ejected(that I recalled)

3. Garret acted like he just won the World Series for getting a strikeout and jawed at Baez, causing him to react. 

4.Garrett went after Baez too, Arrietta jawed but did not actively pursue Frazier.

5.Frazier was ejected after being warned and not stopping, Arrietta was not.

6. Did I mention that I know the Cubs have done dumb things in the past? Are you skipping over that part?

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Maddon does it all the time. He clearly believes that getting ejected fires up the team.

I am not Maddon. I am not Baez. I am not a representative of the Cubs, just a fan. Why do you keep making this about the Cubs? They weren’t even involved in this situation? A former player that I am a fan of was. I’ve already said that they do dumb stuff. They are not perfect, I criticize them all the time. Maddon has done that in the past, and I think it’s dumb to get yourself kicked out of the game. Say your piece and move on when warned. He needs to be there in the dugout making decisions, not in the clubhouse sipping wine.  

27 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I am not Maddon. I am not Baez. I am not a representative of the Cubs, just a fan. Why do you keep making this about the Cubs? They weren’t even involved in this situation? A former player that I am a fan of was. I’ve already said that they do dumb stuff. They are not perfect, I criticize them all the time. Maddon has done that in the past, and I think it’s dumb to get yourself kicked out of the game. Say your piece and move on when warned. He needs to be there in the dugout making decisions, not in the clubhouse sipping wine.  

Okay. 

34 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Your video did not show up the first time I read that. I see it now. I believe he would have if they wouldn’t have stopped him.

Completely different situations,  IMO.

1. No one was hit.

2. No one was ejected(that I recalled)

3. Garret acted like he just won the World Series for getting a strikeout and jawed at Baez, causing him to react. 

4.Garrett went after Baez too, Arrietta jawed but did not actively pursue Frazier.

5.Frazier was ejected after being warned and not stopping, Arrietta was not.

6. Did I mention that I know the Cubs have done dumb things in the past? Are you skipping over that part?

Okay.

Cards lost 1-0 to the Giants, what a tight division. Ok going into the all-star break as of July 7th, the NL Central standings look like this:

Cubs 47-43

Brewers 47-44 (.5 back)

Cards 44-44 (2 back)

Pirates 44-45 (2.5 back)

Reds 41-46 (4.5 back)

-It will be nice for the Cubs to have nearly a week off. They need it. We play the Pirates Friday. Baseball really begins come Friday. Thoughts @Jay Kirk, @HOZER, @NFLfan, @hippiejohn, @Myles, @Luck is Good

Feels like deja vu from last year for the Cubs. Inconsistent bats, and they keep making a lot of silly errors. They are better then the product they’re putting out there, and I really hope they get back on track. Super lucky to be leading the division, it’s going to be a scrap to the finish against some very scrappy teams. Reds making a lot of noise. Cards are dangerous. Pirates play like world beaters against the Cubs. I’m not impressed by the Brewers(other then yelich). Really hope Zobrist returns, his locker room presence is missed as well as his clutch batting. I think Russell is a goner. Should be an interesting second half.

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Feels like deja vu from last year for the Cubs. Inconsistent bats, and they keep making a lot of silly errors. They are better then the product they’re putting out there, and I really hope they get back on track. Super lucky to be leading the division, it’s going to be a scrap to the finish against some very scrappy teams. Reds making a lot of noise. Cards are dangerous. Pirates play like world beaters against the Cubs. I’m not impressed by the Brewers(other then yelich). Really hope Zobrist returns, his locker room presence is missed as well as his clutch batting. Should be an interesting second half.

On the Cubs network today, they were saying Zobrist is expected return. Not sure when. 

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards lost 1-0 to the Giants, what a tight division. Ok going into the all-star break as of July 7th, the NL Central standings look like this:

Cubs 47-43

Brewers 47-44 (.5 back)

Cards 44-44 (2 back)

Pirates 44-45 (2.5 back)

Reds 41-46 (4.5 back)

-It will be nice for the Cubs to have nearly a week off. They need it. We play the Pirates Friday. Baseball really begins come Friday. Thoughts @Jay Kirk, @HOZER, @NFLfan, @hippiejohn, @Myles, @Luck is Good

The Mets are done. I want to trade our veterans except Todd and the starting pitchers unless we get some good prospects in return. 

Untouchables:

McNeil, Alonso, deGrom

Would like to keep:

Thor, Lugo, Conforto, Nimmo, Frazier, Hechavarria, Dom Smith, Amed Rosario, Nido, Matz and maybe Wheeler

Everyone else can be traded but they don't have much value.

Most likely to be traded:

Wheeler, Frazier (both free agents after this season)

Maybe Gsellman and Carlos Gomez

Lugo has lots of value but we need him. He is almost an untouchable, IMO.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The all-star game is tomorrow right? I have to work tomorrow night so I will miss it.

Yes, it is tomorrow. The Cubs have several players starting. We have three reserves -- McNeil, Alonso, and deGrom. 

On 7/7/2019 at 6:38 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs 47-43

Brewers 47-44 (.5 back)

Cards 44-44 (2 back)

Pirates 44-45 (2.5 back)

Reds 41-46 (4.5 back)

Yes I agree , I always say lets see what things look like at Allstar break and trade deadline. Right now any team gets hot in this division look out. I still believe 3 of these teams are under achieving.

Do you agree with Justin Verlander? This is something Mets fans talk about quite a bit. Do you agree?

Verlander slammed MLB and Rob Manfred, accusing the game of using juiced balls to sate the commissioner’s desire to see more offense in the game.

"It's a f---ing joke," Verlander told ESPN. "Major League Baseball's turning this game into a joke. They own Rawlings, and you've got Manfred up here saying it might be the way they center the pill. They own the f---ing company. If any other $40 billion company bought out a $400 million company and the product changed dramatically, it's not a guess as to what happened. We all know what happened.

“Manfred the first time he came in, what'd he say? He said we want more offense. All of a sudden he comes in, the balls are juiced? It's not coincidence. We're not -----s."

Verlander slams Manfred

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Do you agree with Justin Verlander? This is something Mets fans talk about quite a bit. Do you agree?

Verlander slams Manfred

I know there’s been a lot of talk about the balls possibly being juiced, but wow I didn’t know the MLB owned Rawlings and is being accused of changing them! Wow!!! 

Heres the MLBs response..... Hmmmmm....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/rob-manfred-mlb-juiced-balls-justin-verlander-221558721.html

50 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I didn’t know the MLB owned Rawlings and is being accused of changing them! Wow!!! 

I was surprised when I read that too. Seems wrong. Just as bad as hiring an agent as your GM, as the Mets and another team did.

What made that 2016 Cubs team extra special was, they had a great group of guys off the field. I have watched tons of interviews on youtube and the Cubs channels, Rizzo and Bryant are so down to earth and good hearted that it is unreal. Baez is a huge family guy too and helps people. Lester is just another example of that now.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What made that 2016 Cubs team extra special was, they had a great group of guys off the field. I have watched tons of interviews on youtube and the Cubs channels, Rizzo and Bryant are so down to earth and good hearted that it is unreal. Baez is a huge family guy too and helps people. Lester is just another example of that now.

They are a great group of guys, and I’m sure Rizzo and Lester share a special bond due to both of them being cancer survivors. Rizzo is all about helping children, it’s great.

Lester made the same offer to Tyler Trent, who was not only a Purdue Boilermakers Superfan but a huge Cubs fan as well, but sadly Tyler didn’t live long enough to take him up on his offer. Sad.

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

They are a great group of guys, and I’m sure Rizzo and Lester share a special bond due to both of them being cancer survivors. Rizzo is all about helping children, it’s great.

Lester made the same offer to Tyler Trent, who was not only a Purdue Boilermakers Superfan but a huge Cubs fan as well, but sadly Tyler didn’t live long enough to take him up on his offer. Sad.

Yeah I love Willie too, he's a very giving man and loves family too. David Ross is another great guy and leader on the field as is Heyward. We have been lucky, Theo is like Ballard in a lot of ways. He looks for high character guys.

Archived