Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds aren't that bad this year, Jon better bring it.

They are the best last place team in any division.   

Cubs are the worst 1st place team in any division.   Well, them and the Brewers tied.  

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Myles said:

They are the best last place team in any division.   

Cubs are the worst 1st place team in any division.   Well, them and the Brewers tied.  

The whole division is tough to figure out. You have through June:

NL Central

Cubs 45-39

Brewers 45-39

Cards 41-41 (3 back)

Pirates 39-43 (5 back)

Reds 38-43 (5.5 back)

I am a little disappointed that the Cubs are only 45-39 but since late May they have the toughest schedule in baseball. 45-39 is ok though. Brewers are also 45-39 which is surprising. Cubs always struggle at Cincy lmao . Cards at 41-41 is shocking to me. I thought they would be great this year? Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The whole division is tough to figure out. You have through June:

NL Central

Cubs 45-39

Brewers 45-39

Cards 41-41 (3 back)

Pirates 39-43 (5 back)

Reds 38-43 (5.5 back)

I am a little disappointed that the Cubs are only 45-39 but since late May they have the toughest schedule in baseball. 45-39 is ok though. Brewers are also 45-39 which is surprising. Cubs always struggle at Cincy lmao . Cards at 41-41 is shocking to me. I thought they would be great this year? Thoughts? 

I thought the Cubs would be better as well.   The Cards are about where I thought they would be.   They are a .500 team.   Crappy starting rotation.   I just hope the Cards aren't buyers at the trade deadline.   Hate to see them mortgage the future for a slim hope at making the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I thought the Cubs would be better as well.   The Cards are about where I thought they would be.   They are a .500 team.   Crappy starting rotation.   I just hope the Cards aren't buyers at the trade deadline.   Hate to see them mortgage the future for a slim hope at making the playoffs.

I had all 3 teams making the playoffs before the season as in Cards, Cubs, and Brewers. I still may nail that. I had the Cards winning the division and they still might. Still a ways to go.

Hi, Colts fans.  Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim pitcher Tyler Skaggs abruptly passed away in Dallas/Fort Worth Monday afternoon at 3:18 Eastern Standard Time..   His Angels are in town to play the first of a four-game series with the Texas Rangers, but Monday Night's game at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, is postponed.  Story developing on how, and the circumstances Skaggs died, after the Angels arrived in Texas.

Skaggs just pitched a game for the Angels against the Oakland A's at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, CA  last Saturday Night.  RIP  Tyler. 

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/tyler-skaggs-passes-away

I came on here to complain about the terrible product the Cubs are producing, then see the news about Tyler Skaggs passing and am reminded again that there are bigger things in life then my team winning/losing . 

RIP Tyler Skaggs.

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

I came on here to complain about the terrible product the Cubs are producing, then see the news about Tyler Skaggs passing and am reminded again that there are bigger things in life then my team winning/losing . 

RIP Tyler Skaggs.

Yeah the Cubs are laying an egg tonight, RIP to Tyler, that is sad. Only 27.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do not like what I see right now. We are playing like a team that isn't hungry.  

Lol the top three in the division are doing the same thing , as I said its a long season. 

There’s a storm brewing......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cubs/ct-cubs-theo-epstein-changes-20190703-ckiidkbdbvdbpktv5kkpfs3wi4-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Basically, Epstein is threatening the team with a “major shakeup” prior to the trade deadline if they keep struggling. Said it’s unacceptable and there has been a lot of talk and no action. Put your seatbelts on folks, this could be a wild ride!

Right after making these statements, he called up Robel Garcia from Iowa. Been hearing some good stuff about him, has been hitting a lot of homeruns, but also had an issue with strikeouts......hmmm reminds me of somebody else......I hope he’s the spark we’ve been missing!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-cubs-roster-move-robel-garcia-hot-hitting-triple-a-512184502.html%3famp=y

Thank God we won the WS we won a couple of years ago. That was huge and historical for the Cubs franchise. That Game 7 against the Indians was so close that it could've gone either way. It went our way so I give thanks to that. I say that because we may not win another with this group. I am just being realistic. Teams like the Dodgers, Twins, Yankees, and Astros look so much better than us. Hell we can't even beat the Pirates lmao . Signing Darvish flat out was a terrible move and I knew it when it happened. We should've re-signed Jake and not touched Darvish with a 10 foot pole. Jake alone last year would've given us 5-7 more wins, this year probably 3 or 4 more wins. 

What a gut wrenching terrible loss.

Yu- again, not impressed.

Baez- If you don’t stop watching the ball instead of running I’m going to strangle you. 

Contreras- Awesome play filling in at RF to get a guy out at home. Terrible no catch to possibly cost us the game.

Russell- why’d you throw home instead of getting the out. Dumb.

Caratini- 2 HR hitting left/right. Impressed.

Robel Garcia- No bueno esta noche.

Rizzo- stop getting under the ball and get some base hits.

Schwarber- stop being lazy and run up on the ball for God’s sake.

Kimbrell- Not impressive tonight. Cost us the game.  

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

What a gut wrenching terrible loss.

Yu- again, not impressed.

Baez- If you don’t stop watching the ball instead of running I’m going to strangle you. 

Contreras- Awesome play filling in at RF to get a guy out at home. Terrible no catch to possibly cost us the game.

Russell- why’d you throw home instead of getting the out. Dumb.

Caratini- 2 HR hitting left/right. Impressed.

Robel Garcia- No bueno esta noche.

Rizzo- stop getting under the ball and get some base hits.

Schwarber- stop being lazy and run up on the ball for God’s sake.

Kimbrell- Not impressive tonight. Cost us the game.  

:facepalm:

Yep, you summed it up. We are making uncharacteristic mistakes at the worse times. The Cubs used to be the most fundamentally sound team in the league. Everytime Yu pitches, I just chalk it up as a loss anymore lmao . 

This loss may be the worst ive seen this year so far.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, you summed it up. We are making uncharacteristic mistakes at the worse times. The Cubs used to be the most fundamentally sound team in the league. Everytime Yu pitches, I just chalk it up as a loss anymore lmao . 

This loss may be the worst ive seen this year so far.

I honestly thought we had the win as soon as Kimbrel came out. Boy was I wrong.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too. That is what makes this real bad. 

WOW!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/nbcscubs/status/1146636517248589824?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.chicagotribune.com%2fsports%2fcubs%2fct-cubs-theo-epstein-reckoning-20190704-nn4hhkbkazhbrn2tf2zu7yuizm-story.html

Kaplan hit the nail on the head here!!! Pretty much sums up my frustration with the whole team! We all know what this team is capable of and guess we have high expectations ever since the World Series, it’s for the most part the same core.  I love this team no matter what, and there’s plenty of blame to go around. I hear all the critics saying, oh what short memories Cubs fans have. Bandwagoners, I’m a fan from way back, blah blah blah. What a bunch of horse crap...No one, new or old fan, wants the Cubs to go back to being the “lovable losers.” Give me a break.

GoCubsGo!!!!

3 hours ago, HOZER said:

WOW!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/nbcscubs/status/1146636517248589824?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.chicagotribune.com%2fsports%2fcubs%2fct-cubs-theo-epstein-reckoning-20190704-nn4hhkbkazhbrn2tf2zu7yuizm-story.html

Kaplan hit the nail on the head here!!! Pretty much sums up my frustration with the whole team! We all know what this team is capable of and guess we have high expectations ever since the World Series, it’s for the most part the same core.  I love this team no matter what, and there’s plenty of blame to go around. I hear all the critics saying, oh what short memories Cubs fans have. Bandwagoners, I’m a fan from way back, blah blah blah. What a bunch of horse crap...No one, new or old fan, wants the Cubs to go back to being the “lovable losers.” Give me a break.

GoCubsGo!!!!

Kaplan is one of my favorites. I like him and Kelly. They know their stuff. So far we are winning 9-3 today and playing with fire. Brewers lost again, if we win this game we will be tied for 1st place in the NL Central as of July 4th. I said that last night too but we are up 9-3 today. So despite struggling for a while all is not lost. I have seen a pretty good sample size so far and to me the Brewers nor the Cards look any better than us. The division winner will more than likely get a 3 seed and avoid the Dodgers in round 1 in the end. So lets see how the rest of the season plays out. 

Cubs win, Cubs win 11-3 over the Pirates. Dominated from start to finish. Fly the flag Hozer. Standings as of July 4th in the NL Central are:

Cubs 46-42

Brewers 46-42

Cards 43-42 (1.5 back)

Pirates 42-44 (3 back)

Reds 41-44 (3.5 back)

-Every team has played today in the NL Central. Happy 4th everyone. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win 11-3 over the Pirates. Dominated from start to finish. Fly the flag Hozer. Standings as of July 4th in the NL Central are:

Cubs 46-42

Brewers 46-42

Cards 43-42 (1.5 back)

Pirates 42-44 (3 back)

Reds 41-44 (3.5 back)

-Every team has played today in the NL Central. Happy 4th everyone. 

Hopefully the sleeping lion has awaken!!!!! Good job today by the good guys!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Just now, HOZER said:

Hopefully the sleeping lion has awaken!!!!! Good job today by the good guys!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

The whole division is good. Reds are in last and are 41-44 just 3.5 back. It is tight. Cubs, Brewers, and Cards all have 42 losses. Today was a big win because that was a 2 game swing between us and the Pirates.

This is an odd season. As JayKirk says. it is long. As a Reds fan, if I knew the Reds would be 3.5 games out on this date as they are, I would have been thrilled, after the ineptitude showed in Cincinnati for so long. And they are 3.5 out. And still in last place. I wonder when the last time a team was 3.5  out in the standings and in last place. I really don't know what to think.

11 minutes ago, hippiejohn said:

This is an odd season. As JayKirk says. it is long. As a Reds fan, if I knew the Reds would be 3.5 games out on this date as they are, I would have been thrilled, after the ineptitude showed in Cincinnati for so long. And they are 3.5 out. And still in last place. I wonder when the last time a team was 3.5  out in the standings and in last place. I really don't know what to think.

Every team in the division has great talent and are tough. If the Cubs win the division this year it will be a great accomplishment. Reds are dangerous IMO.

I am a history person. Cubs fans want this division title more than any because every team in the division is good. From the 2015-2019 seasons so far we have the 2nd most wins only behind the Dodgers. The Dodgers haven't won a WS though in that 5 year time frame, we did in 2016. As a Cubs fan winning the division in 2019 would be a sweet way capping off the decade. 

Hello, all

Hope you had a fantastic 4th of July. I was away for a few days and returned home last night. I missed you guys.

I have not followed much baseball in the past week. I see the Central is as tight as can be. The Mets continue to lose while the Yankees win. What else is new?! 

What are your thoughts on the All Star Game and the second half of the season?

houston cougars GIF by Coogfans

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hello, all

Hope you had a fantastic 4th of July. I was away for a few days and returned home last night. I missed you guys.

I have not followed much baseball in the past week. I see the Central is as tight as can be. The Mets continue to lose while the Yankees win. What else is new?! 

What are your thoughts on the All Star Game and the second half of the season?

houston cougars GIF by Coogfans

I see the NL Central being tight all season at this point. If I had to pick a WS it would be the Dodgers vs Yankees as of now. Astros possibly can make it in the AL. 

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every team in the division has great talent and are tough. If the Cubs win the division this year it will be a great accomplishment. Reds are dangerous IMO.

Yes they are don't look now but the Cards are getting hot with the bats . More what I expected Tommy Edmans has been a big spark , switch hitter who can play anywhere minus catcher. If you remember I was very impressed during Spring Training.  Small in stature good speed good pop from both sides of plate . You watch him and you wont believe how hard he hits the ball. On west coast  took series from the Mariners and currently up 8 - 3 on Giants in the 8th. The central is dangerous, if anyone gets really hot in the division or two they could pull away. I see three teams I say have under achieved . That being said they all more than measure up outside the division.

4 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes they are don't look now but the Cards are getting hot with the bats . More what I expected Tommy Edmans has been a big spark , switch hitter who can play anywhere minus catcher. If you remember I was very impressed during Spring Training.  Small in stature good speed good pop from both sides of plate . You watch him and you wont believe how hard he hits the ball. On west coast  took series from the Mariners and currently up 8 - 3 on Giants in the 8th. The central is dangerous, if anyone gets really hot in the division or two they could pull away. I see three teams I say have under achieved . That being said they all more than measure up outside the division.

I had the Cards winning the division before the season started. I also had the Cubs and Brewers being the 2 WC's. Right now this whole division is a toss up. 

Archived