Jump to content
Jay Kirk

All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat ?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Is this too soon

milwaukee bucks nba GIF by onmilwaukee

stanley cup playoffs celebration GIF by EASPORTSNHL

 

Stop taunting me, PT. I know the Brewers swept the Mets. Don't rub it in. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win! After starting 2-7, the Cubs are now 19-12 and in 1st place in the NL Central. 7 wins a row and a sweep. Fly that flag Hozer.

 

robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! After starting 2-7, the Cubs are now 19-12 and in 1st place in the NL Central. 7 wins a row and a sweep. Fly that flag Hozer.

 

robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

 

I won’t boast much more after this win out of respect for my good friend Jay.....I am proud of the Cubs for the way they have played, especially winning so convincingly today after 4 errors!!! And Bryant with a grand slam! Hope that was the spark he’s been missing!!! BRING ON THE MARLINS!!!!!

 

609F037F-4232-4904-8354-53CC41D55F10.jpeg.ba8d5b64b4479d06a9fc34eab97461d1.jpeg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

I won’t boast much more after this win out of respect for my good friend Jay.....I am proud of the Cubs for the way they have played, especially winning so convincingly today after 4 errors!!! And Bryant with a grand slam! Hope that was the spark he’s been missing!!! BRING ON THE MARLINS!!!!!

 

609F037F-4232-4904-8354-53CC41D55F10.jpeg.ba8d5b64b4479d06a9fc34eab97461d1.jpeg

Yeah I can not believe we swept them, @Jay Kirk knows how much I respect the Cards. Cards are loaded but we are red hot right now and just caught them at the right time. Coming into this, a sweep didn't even enter my mind. I was thinking 2 of 3 because of being at Wrigley at best. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Stop taunting me, PT. I know the Brewers swept the Mets. Don't rub it in. 

Had no clue; WNBA TCs opened this weekend 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! After starting 2-7, the Cubs are now 19-12 and in 1st place in the NL Central. 7 wins a row and a sweep. Fly that flag Hozer.

 

robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

Seems like I remember some writing off Maddon and the Cubs

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Seems like I remember some writing off Maddon and the Cubs

Many did early on but it is such a long season that to write a team off after 10 games is plain silly. I still think the Cards have the most talent in the division after picking up Goldschmidt and the Brewers are a very good team as well. As @Jay Kirk would say, Baseball doesn't really start until June. April and May are a feeling out process more than anything. In a 162 game season anything can happen because it is so long. Teams go on losing streaks and go on hot streaks. That is Baseball. I am still very concerned that Yu Darvish may not pan out and that is a major worry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Many did early on but it is such a long season that to write a team off after 10 games is plain silly. I still think the Cards have the most talent in the division after picking up Goldschmidt and the Brewers are a very good team as well. As @Jay Kirk would say, Baseball doesn't really start until June. April and May are a feeling out process more than anything. In a 162 game season anything can happen because it is so long. Teams go on losing streaks and go on hot streaks. That is Baseball. I am still very concerned that Yu Darvish may not pan out and that is a major worry.

Ironically June is when baseball ends for me

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the NL before the season started I had the Cards winning the NL Central, Dodgers winning the NL West, and the Braves winning the NL East. My 2 wildcard teams were the Cubs and the Brewers. Braves are only 1.5 back of the Phillies in the East as of now but are right there. All the teams I picked to make the playoffs are above .500 so far so we will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Strop gonna Strop.

 

Games like last night will come back and haunt the Cubs in September and October. You've got to win that game. I know it is still very early in  the season but man we should've won that last night! Very disappointed with that loss. Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

Games like last night will come back and haunt the Cubs in September and October. You've got to win that game. I know it is still very early in  the season but man we should've won that last night! Very disappointed with that loss. Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Strop gonna Strop.

 

What happened?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

 

What happened?

 

Cubs went from sweeping the best team in the National, to losing to the last place team....Strop had some control issues again and loaded them up, then our newcomer had a brain fart......

 

Cubs closer Pedro Strop lost his control, and then Kyle Ryan had a brain cramp on a comebacker.

The Miami Marlins, with the worst record in the majors, found a wild way to win against previously red-hot Chicago.

 

3 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

 

 

Amen!

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

Games like last night will come back and haunt the Cubs in September and October. You've got to win that game. I know it is still very early in  the season but man we should've won that last night! Very disappointed with that loss. Today is a new day though and a chance to start a new winning streak!

Games like these happen unfortunately. Games you should never lose and we did blow it last night but we were due for a loss. I had us winning this series 3-1 so we still can if we win the next 3. I am glad to see Bryant out of his slump, he hit a huge HR last night in the 9th inning. We will rebound and win tonight.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MVP with a Triple and scored a run. 1-0 Cubs early. Bryant now has 2 HR's including a grandslam and a Triple in his last 3 games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phils lead the Cards 6-0 right now, a Cubs win tonight and a Cards loss puts the Cubs back in 1st in the NL Central.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Phillies up 10-1 over the Cards, @NFLfan, Mets lead 1-0 already in the 1st inning. Cubs still tied at 2-2 to the bottom of the 7th.

 

2-0 now. Cano with his 2500th hit. It was a ground rule double and a fan got a valuable souvenir.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MVP with a 9th inning HR, Cubs win baby! He's back, that was against the wind haha . Back in 1st place. MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP! Fly the flag Hozer.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MVP with a 9th inning HR, Cubs win baby! He's back, that was against the wind haha . Back in 1st place. MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP! Fly the flag Hozer.  

HOLY COW!!!!!! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!  MVP with game winning HR!!!  I had a gut feeling he was going to do that! I love it!!!!

 

609F037F-4232-4904-8354-53CC41D55F10.jpeg.ba8d5b64b4479d06a9fc34eab97461d1.jpeg

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

HOLY COW!!!!!! CUBS WIN! CUBS WIN!!!  MVP with game winning HR!!!  I had a gut feeling he was going to do that! I love it!!!!

 

609F037F-4232-4904-8354-53CC41D55F10.jpeg.ba8d5b64b4479d06a9fc34eab97461d1.jpeg

 

 

He's been on fire lately, I thought he would get a hit to win it but that was awesome! 20-13 now on the season and in 1st place in the NL Central. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Found out last night that one reason for my fandom died 

 Hopefully watching them play will put a smile on your face and bring back some good memories of him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still don’t know how we beat the mighty Cardinals then struggle against this team? Are the Marlins not as bad as their record shows? Hendricks with another great game though, that’s a positive! Let’s see if we can finish this out.:bored:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Still don’t know how we beat the mighty Cardinals then struggle against this team? Are the Marlins not as bad as their record shows? Hendricks with another great game though, that’s a positive! Let’s see if we can finish this out.:bored:

Baseball is strange like that. Cards lost again tonight by the way. I had us winning this series 3-1 coming in but this game right now looks 50/50.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball is strange like that. Cards lost again tonight by the way. I had us winning this series 3-1 coming in but this game right now looks 50/50.

Maybe MVP will come through again?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Rizzo is a lifetime Cub, he is an amazing person and player. Very smart player. Saw Russel is back, lots of Boos tonight. Wonder what’s going on with Zobrist, he took a leave of absence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOZER said:

I hope Rizzo is a lifetime Cub, he is an amazing person and player. Very smart player. Saw Russel is back, lots of Boos tonight. Wonder what’s going on with Zobrist, he took a leave of absence.

Not sure about Big Ben. Maybe a family problem, nobody has said anything. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I wouldn't consider #10 a diss..... but I have a bit of an issue with the Cowpies ranked #2 at the same time.   We not only shut them out last season, we out manned, out-muscled and intimidated them in a way that none of us have seen a Colts team do to any team in a long, long time.   You could say "well its only one game".... and that's true.   But that was a statement game, and I just don't see how Brandt can justify a #2 ranking for Dallas given each team's additions this off-season....not to mention all those other teams he has them ranked ahead of.   As for the Colts...on our own merits.... I would have us closer to the middle of the pack on this list, around 7th and certainly ahead of Dallas.
    • His mom sounds awesome.  
    • Sigh...........   This is beyond really frustrating.    You're accusing me of things I literally haven't done.     That's very Irish of you.    Really annoying.      You ask for benefit of the doubt while never giving it out yourself.   I've put certain things into bold.   I'll try taking them one at a time.   Your first bold...   that this is not me saying that teams that aren't doing this are stupid.    I'm sorry, but when you declare that you've come up that you think is clearly and obvously better,  that you think you've re-invented the wheel and sliced bread,  it certainly feels like you're casting a disapporving eye toward any team that's not doing things your preferred way as a matter of course.   Then you claim,  that I want Ballard in the building ASAP,  but not before January.    Let me see if you understand this word.....   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!   Was that clear enough for you?       If Irsay had decided in the spring of 16 to fire Grigson and hire Ballard in the spring, I would've been ok with it.   It's not desirable,  but if Irsay made that call THEN,  I'd be ok with it.     Where YOU mis-read me,  is that roughly 95 of owners make this decision during the season.    They see things they don't like and they decide during the season to make a change -- typically when the season ends.    Sometimes, an exec will be fired during the season and someone like Dorsey comes in during the season to oversee things and learn about the organization.    I'm fine with that.  There's no record of me opposing that.   I start with January,  because that's when the business season starts for front office and coaches.   Period.   The NFL views it as preferrable.    But making the switch in the spring is doable, as I've said in every post, and which you have ignored or confused badly.    But if Ballard had been hired in the spring of 16,  I'd have been fine with it.   This isn't the first time I've said some version of this.    This is not some ah-ha moment.   As to the bold declaring that there are tons of qualified guys and that CHOOSING the best guy is another story.   Here's my reponse to that.   No.   nonsense.     They are the same story.    They are connected.    Because you play down the fact that most GM's and most HC's fail.   They get fired before their 4 or 5 year contracts expire.   The owner has seen enough and makes a change.   Saying there are always qualified guys is meaningless.    Because FINDING the best guy who will succeed, isn't just important,  it's EVERYTHING.   All 32 teams can announce they hired a qualified guy.    That isn't hard.    But the vast majority of teams are introducing his successor in a few years.    That's why a franchise like Pittsburgh has very little turnover either in HC or the front office.   While franchises like the Jets or Buffalo or Miami are introducing someone new so often, you can practically set your watch to it.     Generally speaking,  the new GM has a long history of scouting and evaluating talent.   The new HC has a history of success, both as a position coach and a coordinator.   They can easily be called qualified,  (though new guys like Kliff Kingsbury and Zack Taylor do NOT have a long track record of success)  But the vast majority of hires...   are soon enough fired.   That doesn't speak well to their qualifications.      As to you meaning what you're saying...   Of course you mean what you say and I stated that clearly.  I don't know why this should rub you the wrong way.  I literally wrote that I know you mean what you say.    I said what I said as a rhetorical point,  not an attacking point.    My ultimate point was made at the end of my first post to you.   You typically write persuasive arguments.    You're able to frequently made me see your viewpoint.    But not here.    You accuse me of not considering your argument.    I'm sorry,  I am considering what you write.   But I don't see the typical high quality Superman argument.   I don't see points that connect.    Your argument feels like the one you'd make for doable.   It doesn't convince me at all that it's preferable.  
    • Yeah, Ballard said he's a patient guy, and he doesn't mind waiting to pick. We almost traded back from 34 as well if Rock wasn't there. I personally love the "trade back" strategy at the end of round 1, and wouldn't mind doing it in most every draft. A late 1st for a mid-second and early/mid second (from the Redskins) over two drafts is fine with me!
    • Haven't done research on the 2020 draft yet, but if it ends up having an elite WR or OT, I wouldn't mind trading up this year. We'll have to see where we finish (hopefully 32 ), and make a decision from there. Ballard landing the Redskins 2nd rounder may be a brilliant move.
  • Members

    • Jcrane

      Jcrane 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SVFD Colts Fan

      SVFD Colts Fan 37

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,322

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Old Colt

      Old Colt 292

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pacolts56

      pacolts56 3,035

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • gnet550

      gnet550 219

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 7,668

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Rackeen305

      Rackeen305 209

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dew5150

      dew5150 110

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • deadman

      deadman 198

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...