Jump to content
Jay Kirk

All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat ?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs game is postponed today.

What happened? Rain? Must be raining everywhere.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

What happened? Rain? Must be raining everywhere.

Rain/snowstorm

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

hot springs water GIFsnow too

 

Yikes. I though snow was behind us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards up 9-5 over the Reds.  

Staying close to the division lead.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

Jay Kirk I think the breaks went the Reds way tonight. I think Bader should have let Martinez...I think it was Martinez in right catch that fly ball. But you have to love his aggressive play. Fun to watch.  I  think Rasiel Iglesias was lucky tonight because his command was really lacking. David Hernandez out of the bullpen is just so impressive. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Yes The Cards blew some opportunities , the Reds earned the win. It was interesting at the end. I would not want to play in that ballpark on a regular basis :spit:

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What happened? Rain? Must be raining everywhere.

Everywhere except Mexico :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Cards up 9-5 over the Reds.  

Staying close to the division lead.  

I like the Cards pitching Mikolas was good today , 3 of the runs unearned . They have scored runs . The scary thing for other teams is Carp and Goldy are not hot yet. This will be some offense firing on all cylinders.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Cards won the game today 9 to 5 Ozuna 2 homers , he is heating up.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I like the Cards pitching Mikolas was good today , 3 of the runs unearned . They have scored runs . The scary thing for other teams is Carp and Goldy are not hot yet. This will be some offense firing on all cylinders.

On paper the Cards have the best team in the division, Cubs are still good and will get it together and the Brewers are legit good now too but the Cards are loaded. As a Cubs fan that is just how I see it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On paper the Cards have the best team in the division, Cubs are still good and will get it together and the Brewers are legit good now too but the Cards are loaded. As a Cubs fan that is just how I see it.

I think its a legit outlook , time will tell but the Cards could be the best in the NL before its said and done. Every team in our division can be dangerous.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think its a legit outlook , time will tell but the Cards could be the best in the NL before its said and done. Every team in our division can be dangerous.

Not just because I am talking to you but the Cards may be the best team in the league with the way the Red Sox and Yankees look. It is early though but I love your lineup and your pitching has shown it can be solid in spurts. The way you took care of LA was real impressive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not just because I am talking to you but the Cards may be the best team in the league with the way the Red Sox and Yankees look. It is early though but I love your lineup and your pitching has shown it can be solid in spurts. The way you took care of LA was real impressive.

Lets see how they handle The Crew second time , its in Mil. again strange schedule.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Lets see how they handle The Crew second time , its in Mil. again strange schedule.

I think this time it will be different. That is strange but that means the Crew will have to go St Louis for a while after that :thmup:. Man those 2 teams have caught my Cubs quickly. People were talking dynasty in Chicago after 2016, now we are just hoping for a Wildcard. Baseball is like that though from year to year, that is why I have boasted about the Cubs making the playoffs 4 years in a row. It is hard in that sport to be good/great every year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think this time it will be different. That is strange but that means the Crew will have to go St Louis for a while after that :thmup:. Man those 2 teams have caught my Cubs quickly. People were talking dynasty in Chicago after 2016, now we are just hoping for a Wildcard. Baseball is like that though from year to year, that is why I have boasted about the Cubs making the playoffs 4 years in a row. It is hard in that sport to be good/great every year.

Yes it is , the Cubs will pick it up. The Pirates have been interesting , but will need to prove they can hang.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes it is , the Cubs will pick it up. The Pirates have been interesting , but will need to prove they can hang.

Reds have potential too. The NL Central is probably the best division in Baseball.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds have potential too. The NL Central is probably the best division in Baseball.

Yes we are not alone in our thoughts on this. Many broadcasters saying the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes we are not alone in our thoughts on this. Many broadcasters saying the same.

Theo needs to get his thinking cap back on and make a couple of moves because this division isn't going anywhere.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

deGrom and the Mets are losing. 3-1 

 

I'm going back to preparing for my presentation. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to that.

 

Have a good night.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

deGrom and the Mets are losing. 3-1 

 

I'm going back to preparing for my presentation. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to that.

 

Have a good night.

You try to do the same.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

deGrom and the Mets are losing. 3-1 

 

I'm going back to preparing for my presentation. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to that.

 

Have a good night.

Good night.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah i see it is on ESPN.

 

I was not watching it, as I am still putting finishing touches on my presentation. Most of my PowerPoint went in last week. I was asked to add something else. Lots of legal stuff -- I'm not a lawyer. Lol.

 

Anyway, goodnight all. :grouphug:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I was not watching it, as I am still putting finishing touches on my presentation. Most of my PowerPoint went in last week. I was asked to add something else. Lots of legal stuff -- I'm not a lawyer. Lol.

 

Anyway, goodnight all. :grouphug:

I am sure you will do fine, good luck :thmup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I was not watching it, as I am still putting finishing touches on my presentation. Most of my PowerPoint went in last week. I was asked to add something else. Lots of legal stuff -- I'm not a lawyer. Lol.

 

Anyway, goodnight all. :grouphug:

You too ,and thank goodness your not lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On paper the Cards have the best team in the division, Cubs are still good and will get it together and the Brewers are legit good now too but the Cards are loaded. As a Cubs fan that is just how I see it.

I like the thought of that, but I don't see it.   Their starting rotation still worries me.    Wainwright cannot last the majority of the season.    Fowler has been hitting below .200 for a year and a half.   Defensively, they'll probably be near the bottom of the league again.   

However, the lineup can get hot and put up allot of runs.   

I think the Brew Crew is best in the division.   The Cubs have the talent and when they start playing well, watch out.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Myles said:

I like the thought of that, but I don't see it.   Their starting rotation still worries me.    Wainwright cannot last the majority of the season.    Fowler has been hitting below .200 for a year and a half.   Defensively, they'll probably be near the bottom of the league again.   

However, the lineup can get hot and put up allot of runs.   

I think the Brew Crew is best in the division.   The Cubs have the talent and when they start playing well, watch out.  

Maybe you would like to be a Brewers backer ? Lol just kidding . Wainwright I would not count out. Carlos should be back in 2 weeks , just depends where they want him Starting or Bull pen. I think their D is much better than you think , I will stand by that. Why are you so always such a doubter with your team and so on the bandwagon with everyone elses ? Lol they sweep the Dodgers that many think are the best team in the League and do it convincingly . Do you have ulcers ?You worry to much lol . Lighten up and enjoy the season both Baseball and Football. Watch the games and get involved in here everybody likes you , and I'm dealing with much at home so I cant be on as much. Get in here and support our Redbirds ! Guess what I am not much on Fowler if he doesn't pick it up he wont be here much longer.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Maybe you would like to be a Brewers backer ? Lol just kidding . Wainwright I would not count out. Carlos should be back in 2 weeks , just depends where they want him Starting or Bull pen. I think their D is much better than you think , I will stand by that. Why are you so always such a doubter with your team and so on the bandwagon with everyone elses ? Lol they sweep the Dodgers that many think are the best team in the League and do it convincingly . Do you have ulcers ?You worry to much lol . Lighten up and enjoy the season both Baseball and Football. Watch the games and get involved in here everybody likes you , and I'm dealing with much at home so I cant be on as much. Get in here and support our Redbirds ! Guess what I am not much on Fowler if he doesn't pick it up he wont be here much longer.

 

I don't mean to be a "Debbie downer".   I think of myself as more of a fan being realistic.   I don't tend to jump on the ceiling of what could be.   

 

Wainwright:   I think he will be a good inning eater, but in a long season, I'm not sure he'll be an asset till the end.   Almost best if he takes a month off during the middle of the season, which could happen if starting caliber pitching  comes up which is probable. 

 

I'm not sold on the "D" being top half of the league.   Wong has improved and Bader is pretty good.   Carpenter is now a bit of a liability at third.   I'm also afraid of his offensive production going down now that he is playing a more demanding defensive position of 3rd base.   His offense went up considerably after he switched to 1st base.   

 

 I was wrong with my post of Fowler not hitting .200.   He is now at .220.   Not great, but I was wrong.   I still think he is a bit of an X factor.   His defense is pretty good, if he can provide offensive pop, the Cardinals could thrive.   

 

I think the Cardinals are one of the better teams in the Nat league.   My fear is that  the central is so loaded, that they may finish with a record not indicative of how good they are.    

 

All that being said, I listen to almost all their games and watch when I can.   

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great tonight. Yu pitching his best game as a Cub, Cubs lead 6-2 over the Marlins in the Bottom of the 7th. MVP even has a double and scored twice. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 7-2 over the Marlins. Yu gets a win! Fly the flag Hozer.

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brewers beat the Cards 10-7. As of now the Brewers are 11-6, Cards 9-7, and Cubs are 6-9. Cubs are only 4 out of 1st place, not bad considering the bad start.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fly the flag Hozer, Cubs beat the Marlins 4-0 and are now just 2 games below .500 at 7-9. 

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 11:40 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers beat the Cards 10-7. As of now the Brewers are 11-6, Cards 9-7, and Cubs are 6-9. Cubs are only 4 out of 1st place, not bad considering the bad start.

Remember long season , looks like Cards will win this one up 6 - 3 ninth 2 outs . Ozuna and Goldy heating up . Everything will be fine .  Cards win looking forward to Brewers in St Louis n ext week . See if they can return the favor. I believe they will do just that.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 5:42 PM, Myles said:

I don't mean to be a "Debbie downer".   I think of myself as more of a fan being realistic.   I don't tend to jump on the ceiling of what could be.   

 

Wainwright:   I think he will be a good inning eater, but in a long season, I'm not sure he'll be an asset till the end.   Almost best if he takes a month off during the middle of the season, which could happen if starting caliber pitching  comes up which is probable. 

 

I'm not sold on the "D" being top half of the league.   Wong has improved and Bader is pretty good.   Carpenter is now a bit of a liability at third.   I'm also afraid of his offensive production going down now that he is playing a more demanding defensive position of 3rd base.   His offense went up considerably after he switched to 1st base.   

 

 I was wrong with my post of Fowler not hitting .200.   He is now at .220.   Not great, but I was wrong.   I still think he is a bit of an X factor.   His defense is pretty good, if he can provide offensive pop, the Cardinals could thrive.   

 

I think the Cardinals are one of the better teams in the Nat league.   My fear is that  the central is so loaded, that they may finish with a record not indicative of how good they are.    

 

All that being said, I listen to almost all their games and watch when I can.   

 

Dejong has been great at SS improves more and more . Will be a Superstar at the position.By the way Fowler is at .264 and climbing , lol appears his head has been healed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 6-0, sweep the Marlins to improve to 8-9. Now just 3 games out of 1st place behind the Brewers. Cards beat the Brewers today as well. Fly the flag Hozer.

CDC2A98B-0333-4498-BE45-385DF280251C.jpeg.11b8fb3ee4c87df0c968e566b3394c7c.jpeg

 

GoCubsGo!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...