Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, NFLfan said:

I agree. I am not that big of a Harper fan. On Golic and Wingo, they talked of the Cubs trading Almora for Harper. I would not like that if I was a Cubs fan. That team is young and growing together. I wish the Mets built their team the way the Cubs and Cards have.

Agreed you don't trade your good young talent and not pay down the road.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I'm not watching. 

Yeah that was pretty bad. It's over now, the Mets rallied a bit. Final was 25-4. Darn Cubs lost earlier, Brewers are playing the Dodgers right now. Go Dodgers LOL. Regarding trades, deGrom and Thor stayed put, so did Bryce Harper so nothing huge went down today.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:45 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

the Brewers fanbase has become beyond annoying

Cute & yes, I can vouch for that Brewers fans can indeed be very annoying CBE. Your "Running Man" line was spot on too.

It's cool. I'm no huge Brewers fan or anything. I like the Cubs even though my MLB expertise is novice at best. I just strolled in here to see what the regulars were up too anyway.

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Cute & yes, I can vouch for that Brewers fans can indeed be very annoying CBE. Your "Running Man" line was spot on too.

It's cool. I'm no huge Brewers fan or anything. I like the Cubs even though my MLB expertise is novice at best. I just strolled in here to see what the regulars were up too anyway.

Brewers do have a Good team but when I frequent the ESPN Boards to read their game day comments, some of them are really comical. The Brewers have never won a WS and really haven't been that good up until now during this decade. Cubs just won a WS 2 seasons ago and have been to the NLCS 3 straight years, you would think their fans would respect that. They don't, they call the Cubs, scrubs, etc.. I so want to take them to school but you need Facebook to Post over there and I am not into Facebook. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers do have a Good team but when I frequent the ESPN Boards to read their game day comments, some of them are really comical. The Brewers have never won a WS and really haven't been that good up until now during this decade. Cubs just won a WS 2 seasons ago and have been to the NLCS 3 straight years, you would think their fans would respect that. They don't, they call the Cubs, scrubs, etc.. I so want to take them to school but you need Facebook to Post over there and I am not into Facebook

Great points. When Milwaukee still praises Robin Yount, that tells you how relevant they are right now. Enough said.

Uh huh. I'm not on FaceBook either. My mom yes. Me? Not so much.

Well the Brewers win 1-0. The Dodgers lay a big fat donut. July is over and it's like no Baseball has been played at all as the Brewers and Cubs are tied for 1st in the NL Central. The Cubs are % points ahead because they are 2 better in the loss column. Heading into August here is how the NL Central looks:

Cubs 61-45 (.575)

Brewers 63-47 (.573) - have played 4 more games

Pirates 56-52 (6 back)

Cards 54-53 (7.5 back) - they lost tonight

Reds 48-59 (13.5 back)

-It really just comes down now to who plays better in August and September between the Cubs and Brewers to determine the NL Central and perhaps HFA in the NL. Cubs and Brewers each share the best record in the NL as August is here. 

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Congrats on securing Diggs services for awhile BTW.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2777023-stefon-diggs-vikings-reportedly-finalizing-5-year-contract-extension

$40,000,000 guaranteed. Nice chump change there. All kidding aside, I'm happy for your Vikings NFLfan.

Thank you. I wish I could take credit for "securing Diggs". I'm very pleased. I believe in drafting well and re-signing homegrown players. We have done just that. We have secured many of our top guys through 2020.  I could not be more pumped up. :yahoo: :headspin: :rock: :dance:

I would say more but this is the baseball thread. 

20 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Trade News

Cards Trade Tommy Pham to TB for 2 MiLB players

Good trade both of the minor league players slide right into their top 30 , plus left handed bats. That being said Tyler O'Neill and Bader get the playing time . Im ready to see Tyler on a regular basis sporting .311 26HR 61RBI in 60 games at AAA Memphis .

16 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Trade Rumor

It appears the Cubs and Brewers are the final 2 teams in the race for Matt Harvey

If the Cubs or Brewers get him it helps make their starting staff more solid. If either land him now I believe they win the division.

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I wish I could take credit for "securing Diggs". I'm very pleased. I believe in drafting well and re-signing homegrown players. We have done just that. We have secured many of our top guys through 2020.  I could not be more pumped up. :yahoo: :headspin: :rock: :dance:

Go ahead lol I don't mind.

34 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Go ahead lol I don't mind.

As bad as the Mets are, if NFLfan wants to let loose about her Vikes I am like you and say have at it. I don't mind either. It's a Baseball Thread but discussing other things isn't against the law :banana:. Knowing our luck the pesky stinkin Brewers will probably win the Division anyway :spit:. I am actually worried about it right now.

Trade Deadline Wrapup

July 30

Atlanta Braves picked up P Brad Bach for international slot money

Boston Red Sox addded INF Ian Kinsler for 2 MiLBers from LAA

Seattle Mariners traded INF Chase DeJong and a MiLBer to Minnesota for P Zach Duke

Houston Astros traded P Ken Giles, P David Paulino, and a MiLBer to Toronto for P Roberto Osuna

New York Yankees add Lance Lynn from Minnesota for Tyler Austin and a MiLBer

Atlanta Braves picked up OF Adam Duvall from Cincinnati for P Lucas Sims, P Matt Wisler, and OF Preston Tucker

New York Yankees traded P Adam Warren to Seattle for International Slot Bonus Money

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Minnesota is gonna do some serious damage in the NFC North this year. Zimmer always gives Aaron Rodgers fits too.

The Vikings are stacked talent wise across the board. Your team will be good for a longtime as you say NFLfan.  Go ahead & do your happy dance in your chair. You're allowed.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here. My mom and step-dad love Facebook and are always on it, not me.

Exactly, I had to help my mom re do her FB password last night. It was trial & error at first, but eventually the problem got resolved. Those bot things are for real unfortunately. Enough said.

Back to baseball now. Thanks again Jay for my temporary diversion...

Archived